Ladies, you know me. I love to stretch style as far as I can. Today I am showing you how to look both pretty and edgy featuring Covered Perfectly’s Floral A-Line Skirt and the matching Simple Comfort top with a matching floral trim neckline in today’s Fashion Focus: Edgy Floral Over 40.

Edgy Floral Over 40 Pinterest Image with 4 looks using clothing from Covered Perfectly

Disclosure: This is a sponsored collaboration between myself and Covered Perfectly. Affiliate links are used in this article. I only write about brands and products I personally test, love, and trust.

Covered Perfectly is a wonderful online fashion shop dedicated to the midlife woman.

Pauline the founder of Covered Perfectly wants all women to feel attractive and confident.

Plus, she is just a really awesome person.

I love shopping from small business, especially when the owner is kind and caring like Pauline.

I have written about fashions from Covered Perfectly often.

You may remember this article:

Fashion Focus: Get The Most Out Of Fashion With Covered Perfectly

That popcorn jacket is a super hot seller!

In fact, at the time of writing this, they are sold out.

Don’t worry – more are coming in very soon.

Just because I am over forty does not mean I have lost my edge!

So today I am featuring Covered Perfectly with a feminine but still edgy look.

Fashion Focus: Edgy Floral Over 40

First I want to show you the Simple Comfort Floral Trim Top.

Edgy Floral Simple Comfort Trim Top

It’s a super versatile tunic style shirt made in the U.S.A. from the most comfortable fabric you will ever touch.

Made from a completely natural and breathable fabric which is a bonus for us midlife ladies!

Edgy Floral Simple Comfort Floral Trim Top

The Simple Comfort has 3/4 inch sleeves which I love.

It also comes in a zillion colors!

Okay, actually it comes in 15 colors with 2 having special trim.

I own several because you can wear them with anything and they are so comfortable.

You can save 20% off two items with my special code FBF20.

As you can see the top works with jeans perfectly but what about that edgy floral skirt?

Edgy Floral A-Line Skirt from Covered Perfectly

Isn’t it just perfect!?

I love the way that this skirt fits and how it feels against my skin.

It features a nice elastic band with plenty of stretch but does not lose its elasticity!

This means if you fluctuate in weight, or still deal with bloating, it will continue to fit.

Check the A-Line Skirt and see the other color in animal print.

Rawr!

Edgy Floral A-Line Skirt From Covered Perfectly

Add a necklace, grab a clutch, and you are ready for a ladies brunch or church!

I also think it is very pretty for a date night at the theatre or a more upscale event.

Truly this look is perfect for everything and you won’t sacrifice a bit of comfort.

Edgy Floral A-Line Skirt From Covered Perfectly

Get The Skirt And Top And Save 20% with my special code FBF20!

Now I did promise some edge and while I think this look on its own is gorgeous, sometimes I do want to add a little fun and flair to my look.

I may be 40 but I’m not dead yet!

Us midlife ladies can still have fun with fashion and dress trendy!

Just Add A Jacket To Put A Little More Umph To Your Edgy Floral Look:

Edgy Floral Fashion With On-Trend Jacket

This trend-setting biker style jacket came from a Golden Tote which I have talked about frequently here on the blog.

Like Covered Perfectly it’s another one of my favorite places to shop.

I think you can tell I am fairly loyal to the brands that I love.

Since I write about them often it’s rather obvious.

Edgy Floral A-Line Skirt Paired With Matching Neckline Top and Biker Style Jacket

90% of the battle when it comes to style over 40 is finding the right places to shop.

I would like to think you need not look further than Fashion Beyond Forty.

I have done the work for you and swear by the places I shop.

It’s not just about the great fashions either.

I shop places like Covered Perfectly that have excellent customer service and solid return policies.

Let’s face it, not everything always works for us.

Edgy Floral Fashion Statement A-Line Skirt with Matching Neckline Trim Top

I love that the floral trim on the top is subtle.

It does not go all the way around nor cover the entire neckline.

To me, that is classy and allows for the florals to just peek out, a nice little surprise when captured by the eye.

Since colors on computers can be different sometimes, I want to mention that the flowers are beige and cinnamon.

Then we have olive colored leaves.

The color combination can make the tone of the flowers look slightly blush but there is no pink whatsoever.

You can grab the A-Line Skirt in floral or animal print and the matching top.

Then just add your personal flair!

Don’t forget that discount! Use code FBF40 at check out!

Do you prefer the animal print or the floral print?

Where would you wear this edgy floral look?

Leave me a comment please, I love hearing from you!

Please Share This Edgy Fashion FocusClick To Tweet

Edgy Floral Over 40 Twitter Image with 4 looks using clothing from Covered Perfectly

1. March 22, 2018 / 7:16 am

You look so cute in your new top and skirt. The flowers really show off and say spring. This is perfect for a night out.

• March 22, 2018 / 11:29 pm

Awee thank you Mary!
      I do love Covered Perfectly they fit every woman!

2. robin rue
    March 22, 2018 / 10:23 am

What a great outfit. I love floral patterns and now that it’s getting to be spring I am looking forward to wearing more of them.

3. Jeanine
    March 22, 2018 / 10:33 am

You look amazing! I love the outfit with the jacket. Super cute and edgy! I’d love to give this look a try and see if I can pull it off!

• March 22, 2018 / 11:51 pm

That is definitely my favorite look too Jeanine! I know you can pull it off! Covered Perfectly really does work for every woman! Love their clothing!

4. Candy
    March 22, 2018 / 10:38 am

I like supporting small business as well. Love the black top which can be used for anything. That floral skit is very pretty.

• March 22, 2018 / 11:51 pm

Thank you so much Candy! I agree supporting small business is so important to our economy. I love the skirt – the fabric feels so soft too!

5. March 22, 2018 / 10:39 am

That outfit suits you. I always go for comfort over style, trends and current fashion so I would appreciate a bit of stretch in a waistband.

• March 22, 2018 / 11:27 pm

Thank you so much 🙂 I love it when I can have both style and comfort! It’s what I aim for and Covered Perfectly is always super comfy!

6. Peter
    March 22, 2018 / 11:00 am

Im honing to get my wife to look at these. Once the baby is out, mama is gonna need some new clothes. We are all about the small business

• March 22, 2018 / 11:28 pm

Oh yes she will deserve to treat herself to some new clothes too! She will love Covered Perfectly and I promise they are SUPER comfy and perfect for the transition from after baby!
      Small business needs our support indeed.
      Thanks for checking them out Peter!

7. March 22, 2018 / 12:20 pm

You really nailed it! I love the blouse, simple and elegant and can match with any type of clothes. Plus, it’s nice to know that it is made of completely natural and breathable fabric. Indeed a very comfortable clothing.

• March 22, 2018 / 11:52 pm

That you so much Anosa! That made me smile. Indeed I do love wearing natural materials! Especially during midlife those breathable fabrics are necessary!

8. March 22, 2018 / 1:29 pm

These outfits all look very fun. I love that leather jacket over the dress. That is a fun look. And now that spring is here I am all excited about seeing flowers coming out in the clothes again.

9. March 22, 2018 / 1:59 pm

These are all such lovely looks! I like florals. Most of the time I’m just in my jeans and t-shirts! Sometimes I’ll throw on a dress to mix things up.

• March 22, 2018 / 11:54 pm

Covered Perfectly has so many super comfortable tops in so many colors! Since I am mostly a jeans gal myself it is nice to have a lot of colorful tops that feel good to wear.

10. March 22, 2018 / 3:58 pm

I think all of these outfits look great! I think being comfortable and feeling good in the outfit is important. I need comfy and casual because I am mostly running around with my kids, but I do like to look nice. So it is always a big deal if I find something that works for both.

• March 22, 2018 / 11:56 pm

Thank you Emily! It is important that our clothing is comfortable. I hate it when I am wearing something I have to tug and pull at or just want to take off as soon as I get home.
      The Covered Perfectly tops are perfect mom tops too! Even though they do sell to the over 40 woman I know many moms and under 40 women who love them due to their comfort.

11. March 22, 2018 / 4:46 pm

You are so corky , I just love it! I love that floral skirt, it’s perfect for Spring and summer. I am into floral patterns these days too.

• March 22, 2018 / 11:25 pm

I love that! Thank you 🙂 I love that this floral is not typical colors. These hues just go with anything since they are so neutral!

12. March 22, 2018 / 9:09 pm

Wow good job on rocking those outfits! We really need to have a black dress or black top that can be mix and match with anything.

• March 22, 2018 / 11:24 pm

Thank you so much Angela! Oh yes a black and white are solid core pieces for sure!

13. March 22, 2018 / 10:26 pm

These outfits are beautiful and you look great in them! Don’t you know that 40 is the new 30?

• March 22, 2018 / 11:24 pm

Thank you Gisele! Haha indeed! Truth be told I still feel in my 20’s! Well some days my body hurts lol but my brain is saying I am still a big kid haha!

14. March 22, 2018 / 11:03 pm

All these looks are so cute! I definitely prefer the floral print over the animal print.

15. March 23, 2018 / 12:06 am

I absolutely love this look on you. You can actually pull it off really well.

16. March 23, 2018 / 10:53 am

Dang girl, you don’t look over forty! And I love your style! I’m currently in the hot mess phase of fashion life (I blame it on my kids lol) but I’m totally stealing some of these looks.

• March 23, 2018 / 11:22 am

Trina you get the sweetest comment of the week award! LOL Thank you!!!!
      Hey I was in that hot mess phase in my 30’s which is why I initially started this blog!
      It’s hard to get your style back after kids!
      I looked in the mirror one day and thought WTF happened to me????
      You will get it back I promise!
      I am glad you are looking out for you again!
      🙂
      Plus, your kids get to that age where they WANT us to look “presentable” lol

17. March 23, 2018 / 11:42 am

I love it all but that skirt? I want that! It’s just my style and would fit into my closet beautifully.

• March 23, 2018 / 11:43 am

Cyn I love how it fits! Plus the elastic waist is forgiving haha. I think it rocks because it really can be worn for anything and the neutral florals make it go with so many tops! Don’t forget the discount code too! Enjoy!

18. March 23, 2018 / 2:26 pm

Oh this is lovely! You look absolutely beautiful in this top and skirt and they work so well together.

19. March 23, 2018 / 5:56 pm

That is a pretty skirt, I like the floral.

20. March 24, 2018 / 12:01 am

These outfits look great on you! And it looks like they are easy to dress up or down.

• March 26, 2018 / 11:29 am

Thank you so much Stephanie! They truly are. All of Covered Perfectly’s fashions are designed to make it easier on us!

21. April 16, 2018 / 3:14 am

Hello Joely, you are looking beautiful and this dress give you a cool look. I like Your edgy floral skirt most. Your ideas can help all age group women. Thank you and keep sharing.

• April 16, 2018 / 4:14 pm

Thank you so much Shirley that is kind of you to say and I really appreciate it!