BlogPaws Saved Me A 10th Anniversary Conference Exclusive

I realize an “exclusive” is usually written by someone else.

Someone is being interviewed on a topic that will be seen nowhere else.

Today I am sharing some exclusive information with you that until now, no one really knew.

It is not easy for me to admit that right after my husband left me I was more than shattered.

I was gutted.

His estrangement was utterly unexpected.

After ten years of marriage, everything was dumped in my lap.

I consider myself a capable and strong woman but we have a big house, a very large yard, and a lot of projects we had been working on.

Like most couples, we also have a lot of bills.

Outside of the day to day caretaking of our pets and other tasks, I was overwhelmed.

So between being emotionally distraught and taking over every day to day task on my own, I had no idea how to keep moving forward.

I knew that I would figure it out but there were numerous times I just felt like giving up.

Previously I had registered to attend the BlogPaws 10th Anniversary Conference and I had been looking forward to it.

When my husband left, with all that weighed on me, I just didn’t think I could go anymore, let alone afford to!

Then something amazing happened!

BlogPaws Saved Me

Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated as a BlogPaws Conference Ambassador to help share information about the BlogPaws 2017 Conference but we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. BlogPaws is not responsible for the content of this article.

How BlogPaws Saved Me:

As I was deliberating if I could still attend.

Trying to work out the financial aspect, figuring out who would watch the pets while I was away, and going over logistics, I received an email from one of the BlogPaws representatives.

I was offered an Ambassadorship!

At this time no one in the BlogPaws community knew of my situation.

I had been very tight-lipped as I was still reeling and was not ready to talk about it.

After getting past being completely shocked at the offer I still had to consider if I could take on the responsibility of being an Ambassador.

Could I be dependable in my emotional distraught?

Was I a good choice for them at this time?

I decided I was going to do it and I would put forth every ounce of effort and energy I had.

Putting my emotional problems on the back burner to be the best Ambassador I could be.

In doing so I have been able to stay busy and not solely focus on my separation.

I have felt productive in doing something I truly believe in and something that is completely worthwhile.

BlogPaws saved me by saving my sanity, giving me a newfound purpose, and allowing me to focus on the positive again.

BlogPaws Saved Me By Being Part Of My Family:

There is something amazing about the BlogPaws community.

They are not just a group of fellow bloggers, nor just amazingly connected pet lovers.

The people of BlogPaws are more than influencers.

Even though they are the best bloggers and influencers I know.

The individuals that participate in the BlogPaws Community are a family.

I have heard many people say that they like animals more than people.

The fact is, these are some of the most dedicated pet parents and animal advocates I have ever met.

Yet, they are still the people who have shown me the most kindness and care during one of the most trying times of my life.

Once I let my fellow BlogPaws members know that I was separated they showed so much love and support.

Truly, we are a family!

This is why every influencer who loves pets needs to be a part of BlogPaws and attend the conference.

BlogPaws is the perfect place to network with the community members.

Meeting each other gives us a chance to talk about our pets but also often bonds have formed that lead toward future collaborations with each other!

Members who have met at BlogPaws collaborate with each other in many ways.

From guest-posting on each other’s blogs to sharing research information, meeting your fellow bloggers is beneficial in immeasurable ways.

We Want You To Be A Part Of The BlogPaws Family Too!

BlogPaws Saved Me

BlogPaws saved me from my pain and anguish, yes, but they have also saved me in my blogging life too.

If you are a blogger or influencer you know how tough things can get at times.

From blogger burn-out to trying to understand SEO, there are times we have all felt like throwing in the towel.

When I feel this way I go directly to my BlogPaws community.

If you are a blogger or influencer on any level you need to attend the BlogPaws 2018 Conference.

The speaker line up is outstanding!

Two of the speakers I can’t wait to see are Kornell Samuels from Chewy and Jenny Guy, Marketing Associate with Meidavine.

Kornell is speaking on how to take the best images with our smartphones.

Since I do not own a professional camera and take all of my blog images with my cell phone I really can use his tips.

Jenny is going to teach us about working with brands and making stronger connections.

This is a topic any influencer or blogger is always striving for.

Visit the whole line up of amazing speakers and topics.

This is an event you will not want to miss.

Other BlogPaws Conference Not To Be Missed Events:

Every year at the BlogPaws Conferences there is a Cat Lounge but this year they pulled out all of the stops!

This is a very special event being the 10th Anniversary Conference.

Coryelle Kramer Cat Seer and Communicator will be in the lounge this year!

In addition, they will have some incredible cat furniture and other special goodies.

For the first year ever BlogPaws is incorporating some Experiential Areas in the Exhibit Hall.

There will be a patio area, a kitchen, a living room, and an office.

Each of these areas will have fun things to check out and brands to get to know.

And of course, there will be swag!

I am one of the people who will be stuffing these bags full of goodies for you and your pets and I am so excited to see what everyone is going to get!

BlogPaws Has Major Sponsors To Meet:

Meeting the faces behind a brand is a dream come true for any blogger or influencer.

We often are emailing back and forth with brands but putting a real face to the names means everything!

Even if you see photos of people online there is something about that in-person connection.

It just makes everything more “real”.

I am often writing about pet products and many of them come from Chewy.

Chewy is my favorite place to shop for my pets.

They carry everything at the best prices and the shipping is light speed!

BlogPaws is partnering with Chewy to make this 10th Anniversary Celebration extra-special with new experiences, influencers, and brands.

It is going to be so wonderful to meet the people I communicate with so often.

Not only will Chewy be there but since Chewy represents thousands of brands we will be sure to meet and connect with some of them as well!

Are You Nervous About Attending BlogPaws?

Do not worry, we have a Newbies Group that is live in the BlogPaws SLC (Social Learning Community).

You will find everything you need from practical to actionable tips and information about attending the conference.

BlogPaws Saved Me And Now I Want To See All My Pet People There:

I speak to so many of you over social media, through commenting on each other’s blogs, and via email.

Now it’s time for us to meet in person and I hope to also meet some of your pets!

BlogPaws is absolutely pet-friendly and well-behaved pets of all types are welcome.

This is not just exclusive to cats and dogs either!

You can bring your iguana, your feathered friend, pot-bellied pigs, you name it!

The Epic 10th Anniversary BlogPaws Conference Details:

Dates: April 18 – 20, 2018
Venue: The Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center Hotel
Location: Kansas Cty, MO

Use my discount code when registering for 10% off: BP18-Amb-10off

This discount code is only valid on Network, Blogger, and Small Business Rate.

We all need something to look forward to.

Blogging can be a very lonely career where we can easily feel secluded.

For me, the opportunity to network with brands and my fellow community members means everything!

The idea of connecting on a real level – not just some random face behind a screen.

Getting to meet them and talk to them directly forging bonds that can lead to professional relationships is exciting!

At BlogPaws you can build a strong community of like-minded friends and colleagues.

We must invest in our careers by investing in ourselves.

BlogPaws is the #1 way in which I am investing in my future, personal and business wise.

BlogPaws saved me and now I am saving myself by putting my best paw forward and immersing myself into all BlogPaws has to offer.

It is going to be an amazing, delightful, educational, and fun experience!

Learn more about the BlogPaws 2018 Conference in Kansas City, MO right here!

Will you join us?

I am so excited and truly hope you will come so don’t be shy!

Leave me a comment or ask any questions you may have about the conference.

Please Share With Your Followers. Thank You! Click To Tweet

BlogPaws Saved Me

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of BlogPaws. The opinions and text are all mine.

1. February 27, 2018 / 10:53 am

I am so sorry that this happened to you but it looks like it made you a stronger person and so much more independent. I am glad that you could find something like BlogPaws to help you through such a hard time.

• February 27, 2018 / 5:58 pm

Indeed Jeanette. We grow through such things for sure. I am so thankful for the Ambassador position. I would have felt horrible not being there.

2. February 27, 2018 / 10:54 am

I’m so glad BlogPaws came at the purrfect time for you. I’m so looking forward to working with you in KC, and finally getting to meet you in person. You’re a remarkable person, don’t forget that.

• February 27, 2018 / 6:13 pm

Me too! I can’t wait to meet you as well – it is going to be such fun! Thank you for the sweet encouraging words as well. See you at BlogPaws!

3. February 27, 2018 / 10:57 am

BlogPaws sounds like a great community. It seems like a perfect fit for me. I mean, I’m a blogger, and a huge animal lover. Heck, I have two dogs.

• February 27, 2018 / 6:14 pm

Stacie – I really would love to see you in the Facebook group, and at the conference! Honestly I meant every word I said. BlogPaws people are the absolute best – so much support, SO MUCH information when it comes to blogging. I could not do without it. You do not have to be a full time pet blogger by any means – I mean look at me 🙂 Come join us! You are awesome and I would love for you to be a part of it all!

4. February 27, 2018 / 12:29 pm

I must say that you are really strong. Don’t worry everything will be fine soon. I am glad that you accepted the offer. Stay happy and motivated. Every thing happens for a reason.

• February 27, 2018 / 6:16 pm

Thank you Sandy! Yes everything really happens for a reason. Even if it takes awhile to figure out that reason. I agree 100% and indeed I am very lucky I was offered the Ambassador position and grateful! Purrfect timing!

5. February 27, 2018 / 12:35 pm

Aw yay this is so amazing. BlogPaws always sounds like such a great even for those in the US as well! I would love to go myself.

• February 27, 2018 / 6:19 pm

Sarah it is such a great conference! I keep looking at the speaker line up and get SO excited! I can’t wait to learn more about blogging and get some deep insights on what I may be missing!
      We have people coming in from all over the world to go to the conference.
      Even those who are not specifically pet bloggers like myself.
      I would love to see you there! You would love it!

6. February 27, 2018 / 1:08 pm

Blog Paws is an awesome community!! I’m so glad that this opportunity popped up when it did. It truly sounds like it saved you!!! I hope you have a great time!

• February 27, 2018 / 5:56 pm

It truly is such a strong supportive community isn’t it! I know I will have a blast and I am thankful that I was asked to be an Ambassador. I would have hated to miss it. Thank you Jennifer!

7. February 27, 2018 / 4:40 pm

I AM SO SO SO SO SO happy you found BLOG PAWS! Feeling like you have a purpose in life in the most important thing!

• February 27, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Thank you GiGi! It is key to feel you have purpose in your life – I agree!
      I am so thankful for my Ambassador position. I would have hated to miss this EPIC event!

8. February 27, 2018 / 8:35 pm

BlogPaws sounds like such an awesome organization! I joined and have taken some of the online classes. I hate it, but I can’t come to the conference. I will be in New Orleans that week and this is a trip that has been planned for a year. I’m so glad they gave you the support you need. You are such a sweet person! You deserve the best!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:09 pm

I am so glad you joined up Gisele! Their online courses are awesome and I love that they provide them free!!
      I wish you could come to the conference but NOLA is amazing – I hope you have a wonderful time!
      Thank you for your kind words! I am sure we will get to meet one of these days at a BlogPaws conference.

9. February 27, 2018 / 8:52 pm

I have had very little interaction with Blogpaws, but get a lot of their emails. I think this is so amazing that you got to be an ambassador and they helped you out in this way! What a great company!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:15 pm

Indeed Karissa – they are absolutely awesome Check out some of their courses in the Social Learning Community- they are free and great for all types of bloggers!

10. February 27, 2018 / 10:18 pm

Joely, I have enjoyed getting to know you and your blog through our BlogPaws connection! I am so very sorry for everything you’ve been going through this year! I am also excited to get to meet you in Kansas City! Many cyber hugs until there are real hugs at BlogPaws 10th Anniversary 2018!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:16 pm

Thank you so much Denise that is so sweet to hear. I can’t wait to meet you too and thank you for the cyber hugs! 🙂 See you at the conference SOON!

11. February 27, 2018 / 10:43 pm

I have never heard of this. I’m so glad they were there when you needed them the most!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:21 pm

Thank you Heather. I would love for you to check them out! They have a social learning community with free courses that are so helpful for any type of blogger.

12. February 28, 2018 / 4:43 am

I am so sorry. It breaks my heart to hear what happened to such a wonderful person like you, Joely. I am so glad that Blowpaws call came through with that ambassadorship offer. It couldn’t have happened to a nicer person! I truly believe animals and those that love animals have extra compassion almost sort of have a second sense when it comes to people that brings them together.

By the way, how much does it cost to go to one of these BlogPaw conferences?

• March 2, 2018 / 1:23 pm

Thank you so much Mary.
      That is truly so very sweet of you to say.
      I agree with what you said 100% about people who love animals.
      There is a link to the tickets in the post – ticket prices do vary depending on what type you want, and if you are a blogpaws member, or if you are a vendor and so forth.
      I hope you check it out!
      I would love to meet you there!

13. Victoria Heckstall
    February 28, 2018 / 9:54 am

Wow, Congratulations for being an Ambassador of BlogPaws. you are truly an inspiration. I am Happy for you that you found BlogPaws in your life.

• March 2, 2018 / 1:24 pm

Thank you so very much Victoria! I am happy to be a part of BlogPaws too.

14. February 28, 2018 / 10:36 am

Well, you can rest assured that you are doing a great job as their Ambassador. I didn’t even know about the conference until I read about it on your blog. And I since have spread the word.

• March 2, 2018 / 1:29 pm

Cherri thank you so much! That is so sweet of you to say and wonderful to hear.
      I am so glad that you know of it now and thank you SO MUCH for spreading the word!
      I really appreciate that!

15. February 28, 2018 / 12:49 pm

It sounds like your Ambassadorship arrived at really, the perfect time. The start of bigger and BETTER things to come! PURRS.

16. February 28, 2018 / 2:04 pm

I am so SO sorry for all you are going through! But also so happy that you were chosen as an ambassador and will be attending BlogPaws. Sometimes things happen at the right time and it sounds like BlogPaws was one of those things for you! I look forward to meeting you in Kansas City!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:32 pm

Thank you so much.
      I always felt everything happens for a reason – even the bad stuff but I am so thankful for the good.
      Cant’ wait to meet you at BlogPaws!

17. February 28, 2018 / 3:20 pm

It sounds like you were going through quite a rough patch. Things that like are not easy to handle. However, it sounds like you found something that truly lifted your spirits and that’s wonderful!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:34 pm

Indeed Marissa but everything happens for a reason. I believe in that. I am thankful for the good things for sure.

18. February 28, 2018 / 3:43 pm

Joely, I’m so sorry about the difficulties you have been facing, I’m sorry I didn’t know what you’ve been going through. You definitely are a strong, capable woman and a great blogger – you will get through this! What perfect timing. Being asked to be an Ambassador was meant to be, I’m sure of it! You’ll love being an Ambassador and I know you’ll do a great job – Congratulations on being selected! Enjoy the experience.
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

• March 2, 2018 / 1:35 pm

Thank you so very much Cahty.
      It sure was perfect timing indeed!
      It was the positive lift I needed.
      Your words mean a lot to me – thank you and big hugs!

19. February 28, 2018 / 8:57 pm

Unfortunately I won’t be attending this years conference as I hoped due to conflict with existing plans and unexpected “Life events’ BUT I will be following along online. Blogpaws Community has definitely been a blessing in my life. From meeting people online, the support both emotionally and education wise has been supreme. Blog paws is really a blessing. Wish you well at the conference.

• March 2, 2018 / 1:41 pm

I am sorry you can not make it this year Kamira. I will miss not getting to meet you in person.
      I am sure we will meet at another conference in the future though.
      It is great how BlogPaws and other bloggers share during the events for those who can not make it!
      Indeed BlogPaws is truly a blessing.

20. February 28, 2018 / 9:40 pm

I’m glad that you found strength from your situation through BlogPaws. They are a great group of people and I plan on attending my fourth conference in Kansas City! I look forward to seeing you there!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:42 pm

Thank you so very much Sandy.
      They truly are a wonderful group!
      I can’t want to meet you at the conference!
      It’s going to be a blast!

21. February 28, 2018 / 10:32 pm

I’m sorry you’re going through a turbulent period of your life! I hope things get better. It sounds like the ambassadorship came at just the right time. Enjoy the conference!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:43 pm

Thank you so much.
      I know everything happens for a reason – even if it is hard to see that reason at the time,
      I really appreciate your kind words and support.

22. February 28, 2018 / 11:09 pm

Sounds like the ambassadorship timing was perfect. Good karma coming back around to you! I’m going to BlogPaws as a newbie, and I’m definitely looking forward to meeting you. I can’t even remember how I came across BlogPaws. After I felt like my book blog was getting a little old, I was looking into starting a pet blog. Somehow I found BlogPaws and thought I’d join. I had no idea that months later many of my conversations would start with, “So , one of my pet blogger people friends, was writing about …” However I found BlogPaws doesn’t really matter. I’m just glad I found this community!

• March 2, 2018 / 1:46 pm

I am so happy that you are going to be there too Irene!
      So exciting and I can’t wait to meet you!
      I am so happy that you found BlogPaws!
      Having been a part of BlogPaws has been a lifesaver in so many ways!
      When I have any type of blogging question the BlogPaws community and Social Learning Center is the first place I go to get answers and more often than not the only place I need to go to get them!
      See you in April!

23. February 28, 2018 / 11:42 pm

You’re a great ambassador for BlogPaws! I went last year for the first time, and despite being very shy, I managed to have some wonderful conversations with pet bloggers and met a couple of new to me brands. It was especially fun to see some familiar faces and meet the dogs that I’ve admired so long. I felt fangirlish meeting a few of the dogs…(and their people.)

• March 2, 2018 / 1:47 pm

Aweee thank you so much Beth!
      Truly so kind of you to say!
      Pet people are the easiest to talk to in my opinion.
      I can’t wait to meet all the people and pets in person!
      Haha totally get the fangirl feeling!

24. March 1, 2018 / 7:53 am

What an honest and heart felt post. You are a brave and courageous woman. I’m so glad you found unexpected support at the conference. Reading your post makes me feel that even as a brand new member of the community, perhaps I should attend. Thanks you for sharing such a personal experience. I’ll look to meet you if I decide to come. Cheers. Christine

• March 2, 2018 / 4:25 pm

Thank you Christine.
      Truly BlogPaws is a wonderful group to call a blogger home.
      I go to the BlogPaws group and Social Leaning Community before Google anymore when it comes to needing blogging insight.
      The free SLC courses are amazing.
      I hope you join up and check it out and I do hope to meet you at the conference.
      You would totally feel at home with this group.

25. March 1, 2018 / 12:21 pm

I’m sorry to hear about your separation, but I’m glad that you are going to be an ambassador this year. Being an ambassador is a great experience. Hopefully, I will get to see you at BlogPaws! It is still up in the air whether I will be able to make it this year as I have been experiencing marital/financial issues of my own. It is a great time every year and I imagine it will be this year too!

• March 2, 2018 / 4:40 pm

Thank you Robin.
      I do hope to see you at BlogPaws and I am so sorry you are going through some hard times yourself. I really hope things get better for you.
      Indeed being an Ambassador has already been so much fun and such a wonderful experience so far.

26. March 1, 2018 / 1:54 pm

Congratulations! I’d love to be a part of the conference. I’m in the community and really enjoy the content and opportunities. We have a Siberian Husky, two cats, a hedgehog and turtle – definitely an animal family here!

• March 2, 2018 / 4:44 pm

Thank you Heather and I really would love to meet you there!
      I love Huskies and of course kitties.
      I have always been a fan of reptiles and wish I could take time for a hedgehog they are SO cute!!
      If you come which, if any of them would you bring?
      I hope you do make it – it’s going to be the best conference ever with some really cool surprises this year since it is the 10th Anniversary! I can’t wait!

27. ellen beck
    March 2, 2018 / 11:06 pm

I am so happy you get to go! I visit so many of the folks involved with BlogPaws and they always sound like such amazing people. I am so sorry that you are going through an emotional roller coaster, but you know, a door closes, a window opens, It couldnt happen to a nicer person.
    I have done TNR for 25+ years and socialize kittens, this is one conference I would someday love to see. I would also love to me some of the bloggers behind the pages, really, you all are great!

Have fun, enjoy the experience!

• March 4, 2018 / 11:59 am

Ellen first of all thank you so much. Yes you are right – when a door closes a window opens! I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason. Even if that reason is impossible to see at the time.

Thank you so much for doing TNR!!
      I truly wish you could join us at BlowPaws this year!

Indeed I will absolutely enjoy the experience and soak it all in!

28. March 9, 2018 / 9:15 am

I’m glad that you found strength through community during such a difficult time and that the BlogPaws Ambassadorship came along at the right moment in your life. I’m looking forward to meeting you at the conference!

• March 10, 2018 / 1:47 pm

Thank you so much It sure did!! I can’t wait to meet you there too 🙂