On Trend Embroidery And Olive What I Am Wearing Today

This year embroidery has made a comeback, and I love it!

Olive colored fashion is on-trend too!

In today’s What I Am Wearing Today article, I am wearing both!

I have always loved the earthy tone of olive.

Embroidery has not always been a favorite of mine, however.

This season I am feeling the love for it so I wanted to share how I styled the two together.

What I Am Wearing Today On-Trend Embroidery And Olive

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this article.

This look came to be due to purchases at several of my favorite shops.

The embroidered jeans are from Charlotte Russe, as are the boots.

I snagged them both in a sale.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

My jacket is from ModCloth and the Tee is from Onno Tees.

Keep reading for more details on each piece.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

Often I receive messages from fellow mid-life women that they do not know how to dress on-trend.

Most of the time the concern is being “age-appropriate” or not knowing where to shop for trendy fashion.

I also know some of you do not care for the ripped jean look.

One thing I want to discuss is dressing appropriately for our age.

I have blogged about this before and all I can tell you is if you feel you look good, you will exude that.

Wear what is comfortable for you.

I do not think age has any bearing on what we wear. Click To Tweet

What really matters is if it looks tasteful.

Some may not think wearing ripped jeans is tasteful and that is fine.

Personally, I do not feel it is appropriate for anyone to wear a short skirt that is crawling up their behind.

This goes for any age.

We all have different views of what is “appropriate” or not.

Fashion Has No Age Boundaries.

You Can Be On Trend At Any Age!

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

I used to think that embroidery was rather old-lady looking!

That was when I was in my 20’s.

Funny how it has come back with a vengeance this season and here I am, what some would call an “old lady”.

Not sure who the joke is on with this.

Yes, this season embroidery is a trend.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

I am personally very happy with olive being in style.

Neutral and earth tones are my favorites.

In fact, I had to get myself out of a rut a few years ago from only wearing greens, browns, and neutral colors.

Now my closet has many wonderful colors but I am glad that my favorites are back on trend again!

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

You may have noticed in a photo above the tail end of my assistant in training, Link.

The link above goes to Link’s Pet Profile.

Not confusing at all right?

Check him out if you love dogs.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

He thinks his Grandma is looking pretty fab in her olive and embroidery fashions.

So let’s talk about where you can get these pieces!

The jacket is from Mod-Cloth and has been featured on the blog before.

You can see more about it in the What I Am Wearing Today Summer To Fall Transition article.

I like to feature an item more than once because it helps you see different ways it can be worn.

Versatile clothing is important to me.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

It’s by BB Dakota and sadly ModCloth no longer is carrying it but they will give you similar items to shop if you click on the link.

Jackets like this are available at a lot of shops these days so finding one you love shouldn’t be difficult.

On-trend styles are always easy to find.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

My jeans are from Charlotte Russe.

They are called Machine Jeans Embroidered Destroyed Skinny Jeans.

Charlotte Russe has a lot of cute embroidery fashions.

My daughter just snagged the cutest jacket on sale from them!

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

I also bought my booties from Charlotte Russe as well.

At the time I am writing this article they have a killer sale: All shoes are $25 USD or less!

One thing I love about Charlotte Russe is their sales.

I would post what sales they have going on right now but they change frequently.

This can be a bad thing if you miss a great sales event.

The good thing is another one is always around the corner.

Usually, the very next day!

Oh and before I forget…

Onno Tees has some super stylish tee shirts that are truly fashion focused.

They are earth friendly, sustainable fashion statements.

I love them and you can read more about them in this feature article.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

I also love that these jeans have a button up style to them.

Who remembers button-up Levi’s?

I sure do!

It’s just another styling detail that sets these jeans apart from the everyday blue jean.

Another trend I am happy to see make a come back!

Here is a close-up view of the embroidery:

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

I want to share a secret with you…

While I have lost a bit of weight, I still look at my photos and feel I have a way to go.

When I dress fun and “young” I feel thinner!

When I feel thinner I act thinner, meaning I have more confidence.

Having confidence is important!

Even if it is a false sense of confidence.

Truly, not fishing for compliments it’s just a fact that sometimes we can lose weight and still look at ourselves and feel we had not accomplished much.

Yet at the time, when wearing fashion that makes me feel great, I come over to others as confident.

That type of feeling can open many doors for us and get us further in life.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

The reason I bring this up in a What I Am Wearing Today article is because I care about how we all feel about ourselves as much as I care about fashion.

Fashion is a window to our souls, an indication of what we think of ourselves.

Everyone can see it!

Therefore, if I look like I am dressing too young for my age so be it.

I refuse to get old in my heart and soul.

Dressing on trend will always bring a smile to my face and bring joy to my heart.

What I Am Wearing Today On Trend Embroidery And Olive

I encourage all of my mid-life readers to dress in a way that does the same for you!

I would love to hear from you in the comments below!

What styles do you enjoy wearing that make you feel confident and smile?

I would love it if you shared this post.

Shop The Featured Stores:

Charlotte Russe

ModCloth

Onno Tees

1. December 5, 2017 / 1:12 pm

Those jeans are glorious! I love that embroidery. It’s just so pretty!

2. December 5, 2017 / 1:13 pm

I’m a huge fan of embroidery. I’m glad it’s making a comeback! There was a time when you had to be a grandmother to rock embroidery.

• December 5, 2017 / 6:51 pm

Right! You are so correct! Then it was popular in the 80’s and then it was not again lol things come and go. I am glad this is back I am loving it now.

3. December 5, 2017 / 2:35 pm

No that looks like something I could wear. I love that green jacket. I’m always looking for something that looks really neat and classy at the same time. Those jeans are incredible.

• December 5, 2017 / 6:52 pm

Thank you Jeanette! This jacket really can be dressed up or down nicely. I love how this look is casual but yet has pretty elements too.

4. December 5, 2017 / 3:40 pm

I love the look of those embroidered jeans! I used to have a pair as a kid, I find it so neat that this trend has made a comeback!

5. December 5, 2017 / 6:49 pm

I like olive too and I think it’s really good for my eye, skin and hair color too. I’ll have to consider buying olive apparel in the future. This color looks really good on you.

• December 5, 2017 / 6:54 pm

Oh DO buy some! Not just because it’s on-trend but because you love it!

6. December 5, 2017 / 8:40 pm

I am so thrilled to read that your gaining more confidence with your weight loss, that’s only 1/2 of what you gain when you get to a healthier weight!!! 🙂 I am cheering you on!

7. December 5, 2017 / 8:44 pm

Your jeans are very nice! I like the olive jacket. That color looks nice on you.

8. December 5, 2017 / 8:59 pm

Love your outfit! And the embroidery on the jeans really brings a little something extra to the outfit. All the pieces go together so well, you look fantastic.

• December 6, 2017 / 11:18 pm

Thank you Marysa! I love how with the embroidery I don’t have to worry much about accessories!

9. December 5, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Ha! I sure remember the button-up Levi’s. They were in everyone’s closet!! I love the embroidery on the jeans it feels so retro to me. BTW love that little dog too.

• December 6, 2017 / 11:19 pm

LOL indeed they were! Wish I still had a pair! Thank you for giving attention to Link! He loves to be noticed.

10. Tomi C
    December 5, 2017 / 9:39 pm

First of all I LOVE LOVE LOVE those jeans and secondly you’re right wear what makes YOU feel comfortable. I rock my ripped jeans all the time and guess what I LOVE IT! I’m not trying to be young or anything I just love those jeans and I think I look pretty darn cute in them. Fashion forward.

• December 6, 2017 / 11:20 pm

Thank you so much Tomi! So glad you rock your ripped jeans too! Fashion knows no age limits! I am sure you look amazing in yours!

11. December 5, 2017 / 10:12 pm

Love the jeans! I shop Charlotte Russe often, even though they ask me if Im waiting on someone in the dressing room when really Im waiting on them to unlock the door for me. Hahaha. Im almost 50 and I love ripped jeans with white tshirts and 20.00 booties! I refuse to dress my age!
    Lisa

• December 6, 2017 / 11:20 pm

Haha you know the girls who work there are so young probably their first job or so. Let them see what their future holds if they stay fearless like us!

12. December 6, 2017 / 12:57 am

I LOVE any and everything olive colored these days! I love your whole outfit!

• December 6, 2017 / 11:21 pm

Me too Ricci! I think olive and maroon are my fav colors for this season!

13. Kathy
    December 6, 2017 / 8:38 am

I love the outfit today! Looks so well put together. I have to say those jeans are very stylish! I love the embroidery on them.

• December 6, 2017 / 11:43 pm

Thank you so much Kathy! I am embracing the embroidery fashions entirely!

14. December 6, 2017 / 9:49 am

I too love embroidery jeans. It looks great on you.

15. December 6, 2017 / 12:55 pm

Those jeans are adorable. I saw some like this in Belk and thought they were cute. But I just didn’t think I could pull off wearing them since I was over 40.

• December 6, 2017 / 11:41 pm

You can! Go for it! A lot of 40 PLUS ladies are saying they wear them and love them. Have fun, life is too short to wear boring clothing.

16. December 6, 2017 / 4:29 pm

First of all, that colour is so pretty and looks fabulous on you. Now, as to the jeans! YAY! I’m so happy seeing another over 40 woman embracing them. I don’t know why I love the look so much but I do and my whole family rolls their eyes when they see me in ripped jeans. I don’t care. It’s all about making myself happy.

• December 6, 2017 / 11:40 pm

That’s right Cyn! When we FEEL good we look good and that is all that matters, that we love the way we feel and look! I am so happy to hear from more women my age who love them!

17. December 7, 2017 / 1:07 am

Loving the embellishment on the denim. That olive jacket is my color! You can’t go wrong with those boots either!

• December 7, 2017 / 6:53 pm

Thank you Nichole!! Isn’t olive a great color! haha indeed the booties from Charlotte Russe are a steal!

18. Victoria Heckstall
    December 7, 2017 / 6:13 pm

I absolutely love your embroidery top! It’s really stylish and looks comfy.

19. December 10, 2017 / 6:40 pm

I love the embroidery on those jeans! Olive is a great color for us redheads. 🙂 Also Link is a cutie!