Happiness Is… Flowers and Chocolates

November was actually a pretty intense month.

Between being sick, and the holidays, I was feeling grumpy, to say the least.

If I’m being honest, there were a lot of other things going on that had me about ready to give up.

I was worn down, feeling defeated, and just tired.

This isn’t sounding too happy, is it?

Bear with me because sometimes, little glimmers of love and light come out of the blue.

Happiness Is… Flowers and Chocolates

Happiness Is... Flowers and Chocolates

Just this past week I received two delightful gifts.

Both came from unexpected places, or I should say, people.

First I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from a friend of my daughter’s.

He also brought her flowers as well.

Happiness Is... Flowers and Chocolates

Just the next day my sister-in-law brought me chocolates!

My sister-in-law is from Lithuania.

While out shopping she found chocolates from her country!

I am so thankful she thought of me and gifted me some.

Happiness Is... Flowers and Chocolates

Flowers and Chocolate won’t solve all my problems but they sure do help!

Happiness Is... Flowers and Chocolates

Flowers and Chocolate won't solve all my problems but they sure do help! Click To Tweet

There is something to be said for taking a moment to smell the flowers.

When I am getting a little too overwhelmed that is what I do.

I like to try to keep flowers in the house at all times.

This past month I just did not have the time to think about doing so.

Receiving these was so refreshing and has reminded me it really is all about the little moments.

Exotic chocolates are always a welcomed gift!

These little morsels allow me to indulge just a bit.

I am always preaching about taking “me time”.

The chocolates were a reminder to do that!

I still have several uphill battles ahead of me, such as dealing with insurance on medical claims.

Surely many of you know how that is.

I pause and remind myself to take in the pleasures of those little surprises along the way.

Thank you to my sister-in-law, and my daughter’s friend, who is like a son to me, for these precious gifts.

So today, Happiness Is… Flowers and Chocolates.

See more Happiness Is… articles.

What little things in life kick you in the hind end, reminding you life isn’t all that bad?

I would love to hear about them in the comments.

1. December 4, 2017 / 4:10 pm

I hope and pray you are on the road to recovery! So thoughtful of them both to send you flowers and chocolate candy. To me that’s a girls best friend having them both on hand especially when you’re sick. I just received flowers from Teleflora and I must say I often walk by them just to smell the fresh aroma from the flowers. I think we all need to readjust and learn to take some me time, I know I sure need it!

2. December 4, 2017 / 9:31 pm

I hope you are feeling better now….it is always nice to get a little pampering like this. Over the years, even in our worst health years, there was always some kind of reminder that everything could be so different and much worse. We found ways to be thankful – it is good to have reminders like this.

3. December 5, 2017 / 1:47 am

I’ve lived in Denmark for over seven years and have travelled all over Europe, but chocolate is still one of the things I must look for and try in pretty much every country I visit. I can’t believe the quality of even supermarket chocolate over here. I was back in the US for the first time in over six years a few months ago and it’s safe to say that I’ve been spoiled by European chocolate!

• December 5, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Oh indeed I think wine, cheese, and chocolate are things I would want to try everywhere I go! I bet you have been spoiled by European chocolate! The real stuff that is not the USA chocolate made there!

4. December 5, 2017 / 9:13 am

Wow that is so awesome that you have so many great people in your life that love you. Getting chocolates or flowers or really anything is a nice surprise. I love being able to surprise someone and of course getting something like this feels great too! Heres to better days ahead!

• December 5, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Indeed Melissa! I am usually the one doing the surprising so this was really special.

5. December 5, 2017 / 3:38 pm

Flower and chocolates are a classic gift. But it makes you fell so important, especially when don’t expect it! I wish you to have mamy many pleasant moments like that!

6. December 6, 2017 / 2:50 am

Happiness IS flowers and chocolate. You are so blessed to have such amazing people in your life that pour love into you. I hope you’re starting to feel better and the chocolate hit the spot!

• December 6, 2017 / 11:21 pm

Thank you so much and indeed I am lucky for sure. I am feeling better and the chocolate – GONE lol