Happiness Is … Girl Time

I am so blessed to have my family close.

My mother lives literally around the corner from me and my daughter is back home for awhile.

We all enjoy spending time together.

It’s not that we do fancy holidays.

Nor that we do anything amazing.

It’s just having the ability to run an errand together.

Being able to go out to an event we just found out about moments before.

Or, just being silly together.

That’s why this month’s featured happiness article is all about Girl Time!

Happiness Is … Girl Time!

Happiness Is Girl Time

The above image is one of the tons of Snapchat filters my daughter and I enjoy.

I recently got my mother in on using filters too.

She has not downloaded Snapchat herself yet.

My mother just likes to play on mine.

I think my daughter and I look quite fetching with blue hair!

Happiness Is Girl Time

The above image is from one of the many grocery store runs I do with my mother.

Don’t you love it when you are accidentally twinning?!

That makes girl time even better!

Happiness Is Girl Time

My daughter and I spend girl time hitting the gym.

She is much more consistent with her workouts than I am.

Sometimes, when my work is done, I like to go with her at night.

Happiness Is Girl Time

Recently my mother, daughter, and I all had the chance to enjoy a free meal at a new local IHop that opened up!

Nothing better for those girl time moments than free food!

It was a madhouse for sure with a line going around the building!

We were lucky to get there early before the crowd came.

I do think by the time we were seated however we had all gone a bit crazy.

My mother is such a character and I get a lot of my zany personality from her.

It was totally an impromptu event.

My mother is going to kill me for posting these photos of her but it’s worth the risk!

Happiness Is Girl Time

Another impromptu girl time moment…

My daughter learned about a local event on Facebook and we had to go!

It was a Jazz music and food truck evening.

What fun!

Sadly we were only able to make it for the last hour but it was worth the adventure.

The music sounded great and we were able to grab some food too.

Last, one final girl time snap…

Happiness Is Girl Time

How sweet of my baby girl to say that!

We were out enjoying some 99 cent margaritas and Mexican food that night.

We love that an excellent Mexican restaurant opened up just 2 miles from our home!

Girl Time Brings Me Happiness!

Girl time with my mother, my daughter, or all three of us is even better!

It need not be a huge event for us to have fun together.

Sometimes those impromptu moments are the best moments.

What brings you happiness?

I would love to hear from you in the comments.

Let me know about a special moment you had with a loved one recently or anything that made you smile.

Spread A Little Happiness Today By Sharing. We need to focus on more happiness in our world today! Click To Tweet

Happiness Is Girl Time

1. November 1, 2017 / 12:13 pm

Girl times are the best times. I sure need more of it and don’t get nearly enough.

• November 1, 2017 / 8:53 pm

I know Heather, as we get older it seems we have less time or make less time for it. I hope you get more girl time in soon!

2. November 1, 2017 / 12:33 pm

That is so true! Some of the best memories of my life involve hanging with my daughter. We make such amazing memories when it’s just the two of us.

• November 1, 2017 / 8:53 pm

Aweee Stacie I love hearing that! Being silly together is priceless and some of our best times are just us goofing off.

3. November 1, 2017 / 2:31 pm

Happiness is definitely girl time. I love spending time with my mom, neither of us have tried snapchat yet. I do have the app I have just never used it or posted with it yet. I wonder if I can get my mom to try it?

• November 1, 2017 / 8:52 pm

Haha you should have some fun with her on it! We play around with the filters and you don’t have to really post anything. You can just try them out together and be silly and keep it between the two of you. We often just take a screen shot for ourselves.

4. November 1, 2017 / 4:41 pm

Sounds like you have been having a blast! That’s great you have a close relationship with your mom. It is so important to get out and have some me time with friends and family.

5. Ruth I.
    November 2, 2017 / 3:51 am

Those are lovely photos! I love girl time, spending time with my Mom is the best. I enjoy anything shopping with her because she always wants to pay the bill. lol!

• November 2, 2017 / 6:06 pm

Thank you so much Ruth! Haha that is so awesome! My mom does that sometimes as well. That’s the best!

6. November 2, 2017 / 3:55 am

I wish I had that! I’m surrounded by boys (hubby and our two boys), lol. I do have friends that I go out with though, so I guess that makes up for it. I think it’s awesome to spend girl time with the ladies that make you the most happy!

• November 2, 2017 / 6:07 pm

Oh boy lol no pun intended of course. Yeah getting out with friends makes up for it for sure.

7. Victoria Heckstall
    November 2, 2017 / 5:18 am

I agree with you that those impromptu moments or unplanned moments are the best! They become much more memorable that the ones planned. Those moments are the ones I want to cherish! And that make me happy! By the way, you look almost the same.

• November 2, 2017 / 6:08 pm

Thank you Victoria! You know you are so right! Often times the planned things take energy from us, or we get worried, stressed out, but the unplanned things – no worries at all just fun!

8. Jeanine
    November 2, 2017 / 8:33 am

I’ve recently started having girl time with my friend who lives an hour an a half away…. It has been so good for me, and I too believe, happiness is GIRL TIME!

• November 2, 2017 / 6:05 pm

That is so good to hear Jeanie!! Even the road trip to visit each other can be a time to relax and unwind! Enjoy!

9. November 2, 2017 / 11:33 am

You and your mother look SO much alike. Yes, having a sidekick through life makes it much nicer.

• November 2, 2017 / 6:16 pm

Haha yes even more so now that I am older. Thank you! And yes, a sidekick does make life go easier.

10. November 2, 2017 / 11:33 am

Awww, I really enjoy my girlfriends too. I don’t have many but I cherish every one of them.

• November 2, 2017 / 6:16 pm

I don’t think we need many friends really. Just a few great ones. Glad you have yours!

11. November 2, 2017 / 11:47 am

It looks like the three of you have a fantastic time together. It’s really so wonderful to be able to have that kind of relationship.

12. November 2, 2017 / 11:48 am

I love my girl time. It’s so great to be able to get together with my close friends and just have some time to hang out together.

• November 2, 2017 / 6:17 pm

It really is Randa. Those little moments are where the best memories are made.

13. November 3, 2017 / 9:37 am

This is how I was when Mom was alive. I don’t have children but I do have friends that I get together with and we just have fun. My Mom was a hoot and fun to travel with or like you said just go to the store. I miss her so very much! Everyone needs to be like this and just enjoy family and friends. Thanks for the memory!

• November 3, 2017 / 12:22 pm

Gisele I am so happy that your mother and you had great times together! I bet traveling with your mom was the best! I think it would be fun to take a trip with my mother – before we are both too old to enjoy it lol. I am sorry she is no longer with you. I am happy you have so many wonderful memories.

14. November 3, 2017 / 11:05 am

That’s so awesome you live so close. It seems you all have a strong relationship. I’m super close with my mom and sister. Although I don’t see them for weeks at a time, I talk to them daily. It’s better that way though. It seems we got closer after I moved out haha.

• November 3, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Thank you Allison. My mother and I were not always this close. We are actually very different people but over the years have found our connection. I agree that sometimes not being together so much helps!

15. November 3, 2017 / 7:09 pm

It never fails when I have this girl time with my sister, I end up caught up in the moment and forgetting things.

16. November 4, 2017 / 5:14 pm

So sweet! My sister and mom live 10,000 miles away from me so we just keep in touch almost daily through Facebook, chat or call. But we did have our girl time when we had our vacation there last summer.

• November 5, 2017 / 1:52 pm

Isn’t it great all of the ways we have to stay in touch these days! So glad you got to visit them this past Summer Lynndee!