Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

We have made some major updates to our home decor lately.

Recently we made a DIY light fixture for our bedroom and installed a gorgeous mosaic tile inlay with new floor tiles in our entryway.

Today I want to share with you a simple decor update we did that has made all the difference.

Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

Disclosure: This is a sponsored article between myself and Photowall. I only write about products and brands I have personally tested and trust.

We have a hallway that leads to all of our bedrooms, with the laundry area on one side.

Don’t even get me started on the ugly laundry area.

This is yet another project I hope to take on soon.

Yet, at the end of our hallway was the most outdated looking wall.

Clearly, you could not go into our hallway without seeing it.

I kept our new look in a similar color theme since it works with other features in our home but the new look is fresh, updated, and cool!

Thanks to Photowall for offering so many unique wallpapers!

A Simple Decor Update Can Make All The Difference!

First, let’s take a look at the before…

Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

Okay, I know all the clothes hanging there does not help with the aesthetics.

Nor does our fire extinguisher but hey, I like to be safe.

Lyla, however, does make the image so much prettier!

Let’s check out this outdated wallpaper up close…

Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

It’s dingy, yellowed, and simply not current.

I mean it’s not terrible, it could be paisley or calico, but I’m certainly not wowed by it!

Honestly, I was never going to consider wallpaper.

We usually paint when we want to refresh or update a wall.

To me, wallpapering was something I did in the 1980’s and 90’s.

Photowall renewed my interest in wallpaper!

Photowall has so many unique, artistic, and creative designs!

The quality of their wallpaper and paste is nothing like it was back in the day.

It is so much better!

I am so glad that I had the chance to try out Photowall.

For My Decor Update I Selected Iceland Concrete Warm:

Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

The Iceland Concrete Warm style was the perfect choice for us.

It worked well with other style elements in our home such as our entryway tiles

Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

And our pellet stove pedestal…

Let’s Check Out The Decor Update:

Up a little closer:

Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

I had just enough wallpaper left to cover the light switch plate!

Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

Photowall has an amazing selection.

If you can’t find something you love, you can upload your own design or image.

With my wallpaper panels, I also received the paste needed for the area I was covering.

For only an additional $20.00 I was able to get a wallpaper kit that had everything I needed for the task at hand.

Wallpaper Kit:

Includes a brush for applying glue, a seam roller for making the seams invisible, a paperhanging brush for smoothing the strips, a knife and cutting guide for trimming excess wallpaper, plus a bubble level, a pencil, and a tape measure.

The kit is available to add to your cart at check out.

The kit is very impressive!

Do Your Decor Update With A Company That Cares:

Photowall is a Swedish company with a passion for design and quality. Their wall murals and canvas prints are environmentally friendly, fire-retardant in accordance with Swedish standards and do not fade in sunlight. All of their motifs are selected with care.

I personally love that their wallpapers are environmentally friendly!

One final look at before and after my decor update:

Simple Decor Update Brings On The Wow With Photowall

Now all I need to do is add some pretty decor to the wall and perhaps insert puppy and the look is complete!

I will have to find a new home for my great-grandmother’s starfish that has been in my family forever.

It just does not go along with the look I am going for.

I am thinking I will just add some subtle accent pieces such as a small group of decorative items.

Perhaps a small slender table with a small lamp on it for those times someone needs to get up in the middle of the night.

I Would Love It If You Shared! Click To Tweet

Have you considered a fresh new look for your walls?

Would you use wallpaper?

Please Check Out Photowall and leave me a comment below.

1. October 25, 2017 / 10:26 am

That is so beautiful! This is miles beyond any wall-coverings we had when I was a kid. It’s so great!

• October 25, 2017 / 5:34 pm

Right!? I agree! I have not considered wallpaper in over a decade OR MORE! I am loving photowall’s selections! They have so much to look through and you can even make your own! I can’t wait to wallpaper MORE!

2. October 25, 2017 / 10:29 am

That is so amazing! I love the look of it. It’s so simple to do, which I think is awesome!

• October 26, 2017 / 5:37 pm

Thank you so much Danielle! It was super fun and easy to do. I love how the simple things can bring a whole new life to things!

3. October 25, 2017 / 7:29 pm

This is a great way to upgrade the look of a space without spending a lot of money. I need to update some areas in my home.

• October 26, 2017 / 5:13 pm

Exactly! It is so nice to make those small changes that make such a big difference.

4. October 25, 2017 / 8:14 pm

Wow, what a nice update! I love when something so simple can make such a big difference! We do a lot of DIY projects and I’m always excited to share my before and after pics. 🙂

• October 26, 2017 / 5:14 pm

Thank you so much Mandee! I agree it’s amazing how the easiest change can make all the difference! I love seeing before and after pics too!

5. October 26, 2017 / 5:19 am

Love what you did! Looks very cozy and warm in there now.

• October 26, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Thank you so much Steph!! I just love the change. It is a small space but I have to look at it so many times each day it is nice to have it looking modern now.

6. October 26, 2017 / 5:23 am

This is a really nice way to make a statement wall. I love the variety that they offer and it is amazing how far wallpaper has come. It looks really good.

• October 26, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Their selections are endless Gwendolyn! It is amazing and I love that you can even make your own design if you are up to that. I wasn’t lol. Thank you for the compliments! It is so refreshing to look at now.

7. October 26, 2017 / 8:27 am

I like the idea of making a wall a focal point especially in the hallway. This is a nice addition to yours, I will have to see what I can do with mine!

• October 26, 2017 / 5:18 pm

Thank you so much!! It is so much better now and updated. I have to look at that wall so many times a day going down that hall LOL I was always complaining about it so I am happy to have found Photowall! I can’t wait to hear what you do with yours if you decide to do it!

• October 26, 2017 / 5:19 pm

Thank you so much! I am so happy we did this! Photowall is amazing I am so happy to have connected with them!

8. October 26, 2017 / 4:32 pm

This looks so beautiful. You always have the best decorative projects 🙂

• October 26, 2017 / 5:20 pm

Awee thank you so much lovely! I so enjoy DIY projects and with the colder weather now – and snow coming soon, I hope to have a lot more to share!

9. October 26, 2017 / 6:41 pm

Wow. That really made such a difference. I’ve never seen anything like this (I still picture wallpaper as being that velvet flocked stuff my mom had in our living room! lol).

• October 27, 2017 / 12:27 am

Me too before finding Photowall anyway! I can’t believe what they can do with wallpaper! I love this change too. Thank you Cyn!

10. October 26, 2017 / 7:21 pm

It definitely looks more updated and I like the pattern that you picked! I’d love to have our updated without hassle, this was easy to install and it looks gorgeous!

• October 27, 2017 / 12:26 am

Thank you so much! I love the new updated look of this wall. It may be a small wall but I had to look at it so often it drove me nuts before lol

11. October 26, 2017 / 11:25 pm

I’m loving this concept. I definitely need to redo my bedroom and these panels look like they would be the perfect way to update it without breaking my budget.

• October 27, 2017 / 12:28 am

Indeed and the good thing about using wallpaper is that you do not have to worry about moving furniture clear out of the room to protect it from wet paint!

12. October 26, 2017 / 11:40 pm

I love your before and afters!! I also love how quick and easy it was to change up the whole look of your hallway!!

• October 27, 2017 / 12:29 am

Thank you so much Ricci! Indeed it was so hassle free! I remember way back in the day we had to dip wallpaper into water to get it to stick. Half the time it fell right off lol. This uses a really good strong paste. I loved putting it up!

13. October 27, 2017 / 8:58 am

I haven’t used wallpaper in 20 years but this Photowall wallpaper looks awesome! I’m in the middle of painting/redecorating my house (it’s dark paneling). Anyway, I’ve painted my dining room and need to start on my living room but after seeing this I may forgo the paint and see if this will work. Also, what is your flooring in the hallway? It’s beautiful! I’m looking to replace some of my carpets with wood-look flooring. And your dog is precious!!

• October 28, 2017 / 1:17 am

Right! Me either Gisele! I am so happy to have found Photowall! They have so many gorgeous selections but one day I would like to try my hand at creating my own design too!
      I hope you have fun redecorating your home! One thing I love about the wallpaper is no worries of getting paint on everything. I am so messy with paint lol.
      In the hallway we have a laminate floor. Check into laminates they are really nice because they seem to handle a lot of wear and tear. We scoot furniture on ours and it does not scratch! Some of it is also water-resistant. Now Laminate as a rule is not as water-resistant as vinyal by any means but these days you can find somewhat water-resistant. Anyway LOL I could go on forever. If you want more detailed info though my husband may know more (he is asleep now) he used to sell flooring lol. Send me an email – on toolbar About then Contact and we can chat as much about redecorating as you want. I love talking home decor!
      Oh and thank you so much that is my precious Lyla in the hallway before photo.

• October 29, 2017 / 12:02 pm

Thank you so much for the information, Joely! I wondered if it was laminate or not. I put a white oak wood floor in my kitchen and I don’t want to go through that again. lol Jericho did it and had to seal it twice because the first time there were dog hairs sealed onto the wood. I had three dogs then, I lost one to cancer in May so now it’s just two. It was a mess! I like my carpet but want a different floor in my entryway and dining room. I will definitely look into the laminate and check out Photowall too.

Thanks!!

• October 29, 2017 / 12:16 pm

Vinyl Planking that looks like wood is the water-resistant flooring. The hall is laminate but in living room we have engineered hardwood. Benefits of each – Laminate is more durable than hardwood – A LOT more durable and is scratch resistant. Vinyl planking is best of both worlds looks like wood but is water-resistant, and engineered hardwood is actual wood so it has a more realistic look to it but I think all three look like real wood. So my previous info about laminate being somewhat water-resistant was actually wrong. Sorry about that. If water would get into the cracks of laminate it would swell. I am SO sorry about the loss of your pup. I find with pets carpet is so hard to keep clean. All I know is all the crud I sweep up every day from my solid floors and if I had carpet I would never get it all out.

14. October 27, 2017 / 11:31 am

I love the new look. I think the new wallpaper makes the area look much brighter. The style that you chose was perfect. Good job!

• October 28, 2017 / 1:11 am

Thank you so much Lynndee! I am still loving it! The old wallpaper was so yellowed.

15. October 28, 2017 / 3:34 am

That is a really interesting updating. I think it’s important to have a home that you feel comfortable in and that is aesthetically pleasing. Great job and seems much easier than painting!

• October 28, 2017 / 5:04 pm

Thank you so much Debra! Oh heck yes it was soo much easier than painting and far less messy too!

16. Adaleta
    October 28, 2017 / 11:22 am

Wow this looks really cool! I am so for some cool wallpaper, it is a really cool look and having a kit to put it up is always helpful!!

17. November 2, 2017 / 1:35 pm

This is such a simple and effective method. Funny I haven’t thought about using wall paper in a really long time. I will give this a try.

• November 2, 2017 / 6:15 pm

Thanks for checking it out! Photowall really has some gorgeous wallpapers that are totally on-trend!