Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

My husband and I love our home but there are aspects of it that are out of date.

One area that really bothered my husband was our entryway.

We have a lot of wood flooring in our home, which we love but at the entryway, three, totally different types of wood flooring intersected.

This looked like a cross-sector of confusion.

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

We have always wanted to replace the parquet style floor that greeted you as you entered our home.

Not only did we replace it, we replaced it with something amazing!

We made a Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway Thanks To Mozaico!Click To Tweet

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

Disclosure: This is a sponsored collaboration between myself and Mozaico. All opinions are my own and I only write about brands I have personally tested and trust.

My husband is really good at DIY projects.

I am getting good at them myself.

You do not have to be a tile expert to lay your own tile mosaic or tiles!

You do have to have some tools, however.

The one tool you may or may not have that is necessary is a tile cutter.

Of course, you need mortar and grout and a few other essential tools but the tile cutter is the most expensive.

We got an exceptional deal on ours and you can find them for less than $100.00 USD.

While my husband did do most of this work, I did learn to grout and did a fair share myself.

We were under a time crunch however so he decided to get it done himself, as he was faster at it.

Check out our process in the photos below:

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

You receive your Moziaco tile mosaic safely rolled up.

With it, you will also receive spare tiles just in case any of yours come loose.

We only had one tile missing which we easily fixed.

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

Tile nippers are a tool you may need to shape a replacement tile if necessary.

They are really easy to use.

We fixed our one missing tile with ease.

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

So what’s to do but tear up some old flooring!

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

EEK! What we found under our floor was interesting.

Fake brick anyone?

Then it’s time to lay out the concrete board.

This provides a good base to work off of and makes the floor stronger for the new heavier tiles we are using.

(Photobomb by Groot)

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

We laid out our moasic from Mozaico.

Our specific medallion is called Easternia.

It’s a stunning design that captures the beauty of geometry in natural stone.

Ours is 24″ diameter.

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

The next step was the most challenging.

We had to curve cut the tiles that would surround the mosaic.

We used an angle grinder with a 4-inch diamond blade to do this.

Sanding the edges is important.

Otherwise, they are as sharp as glass since we used porcelain tiles.

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

A purrfect fit Tibet says!

She had to inspect of course.

Once we had our surround tiles cut and placed the rest was just basic installation.

But first, we had to prepare the mortar!

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

I personally love jobs where I get a little messy!

Then we laid the tiles…

And grouted….

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

I found it was rather simple to grout and in a way fun, and relaxing.

I think I would enjoy doing it again now that I have some experience under my belt!

We did have to custom cut some pieces for the edges.

This is where a tile cutter comes into play.

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

The final step was grouting the mosaic itself.

To do this you want a non-sanded grout.

You can find step by step installation video instructions on the Mozaico site.

It’s simply gorgeous!

Before I show off our finished entryway I want to tell you a bit more about Mozaico.

Mozaico has everything you need when it comes to tile mosaics.

They have an enormous selection including geometric like we chose to scenery, signs, animals, nature, abstract, you name it! They have it!

It was really difficult to select which one we wanted!

They can also do custom designed mosaics for you!

Mosaics can be installed on a wall, as a backsplash, around a mirror, even underwater in a pool or shower.

The creative ways you can use them are endless.

My mother wants to get one now and I confess, I want to install more too!

I love the mosaic we selected but I also admit to having occasional mosaic envy when I see what others have come up with!

I would love to try designing my own!

Oh, and each mosaic comes with a Certificate of Authenticity!

Alright So For The Unveiling … My Mosaic Tile Entryway:

Create A Show-Stopping Mosaic Tile Entryway With Mozaico

We do have one final step but we are waiting 30 days for the grout in the mosaic to fully set.

That last step is to add sealer which will not only protect the grout and thus our mosaic for up to 20 years but will give it a nice shine as well.

I simply love my new entryway!

It is a nice contrast to the wood in the other rooms and hallway.

From a design aesthetic, it breaks up the monotony too.

My contribution to this DIY project was only about 30% but I loved learning a new skill!

Thanks to my husband for doing most all of the work and Mozaico for the awesome mosiac tile centerpiece.

I love Mozaico and encourage you to take a look at their mosaics for yourself!

Save 10% off your order at Moziaco by using code JoelySmith at check out!

I Would Truly Appreciate Your Share! Thank You!Click To Tweet

Do you have any plans for new home decor or DIY projects?

I would love to hear from you in the comments.

Let me know what your upcoming design plans are or tell me what you think about my new entryway!

1. candy
    October 18, 2017 / 11:03 am

Very ambitious project which turned out beautiful by the way. Way to go hubby he deserves a prize.

• October 18, 2017 / 1:44 pm

Thank you so much and yes he sure does! Not only did he install most all of it but taught me too do it too. I love how it turned out and Mozaico is awesome!

2. October 18, 2017 / 12:35 pm

This is gorgeous! I absolutely LOVE it! I’d want one for our home, but we’d pay someone to do it. My husband and I aren’t handy enough to make one this nice.

• October 18, 2017 / 1:42 pm

If you ever decide to retile any rooms just visit Moziaco for your mosaic tile piece. They are so gorgeous!

3. October 18, 2017 / 12:46 pm

Love the mosaic tile. I am always up to the challenge when it comes to home DIY. We recently renovated our kitchen and next on the list are the bathrooms.

• October 18, 2017 / 1:40 pm

Oh Tomi I think a mosaic is in order for your bathrooms! They are such fun and come in various sizes for any size of room!

4. October 18, 2017 / 12:48 pm

Oh my gosh that is beautiful! Can I hire you to do my house LOL. Seriously that is gorgeous I love it. I did not realize it was that easy to make.

• October 18, 2017 / 1:40 pm

Thank you so much Jeanette! You know it was not too difficult to do honestly. The mosaic was already made and we just inlaid it. I would totally come do yours if you lived closed by!

5. robin rue
    October 18, 2017 / 1:16 pm

That came out soooo good. You must be SO happy with how it turned out. A lot of work, but totally worth it.

• October 18, 2017 / 1:39 pm

Thank you so very much Robin! We are so very happy and it really was not terribly difficult!

6. October 18, 2017 / 1:55 pm

I absolutely love this! We redid out entryway tile a few years ago, and now I wish we had thought of adding a mosaic!

• October 20, 2017 / 2:38 pm

Thank you so much Natalie! Maybe if you redo the kitchen or a bathroom. You can even create a mosaic tile mirror surrounding or use as a backsplash! So much you can do with them! So cool!

7. October 18, 2017 / 2:41 pm

Definitely a great way to make a statement in the entryway! We’re in the middle of remodeling and I’ve been looking at some ways that we can dress up our entryway. Switching up the flooring might be the change we need as well.

• October 20, 2017 / 2:40 pm

Oh please let me know if you decide to do this. I just love looking at all the gorgeous mosaics at Mosaico! They have EVERYTHING!

8. October 18, 2017 / 2:52 pm

That is so beautiful. Tiling is not as hard as one may think. I did the back splash for our kitchen and it was so simple! I love that the mosaic comes in one piece.

• October 20, 2017 / 2:41 pm

Teresa that is awesome! I love hearing when others do their own work too! I adore Mozaico! They have everything from floor tiles to mirror surrounds!

9. October 18, 2017 / 6:56 pm

Wow, that’s beautiful! I love that you can personalize it with your own colors and design ideas. It really made that space pop!

• October 20, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Thank you and yes you can actually even have a photograph made into a mosaic! Isn’t that awesome!

10. October 18, 2017 / 7:03 pm

Oh this is an amazing way to add some personality to your home. That tile design looks really pretty! Great work!

11. October 18, 2017 / 9:54 pm

Wow. What a transformation. It looks absolutely fabulous. Tell your hubby that he rocks, and he is very talented 🙂

• October 20, 2017 / 3:00 pm

Thank you so much Sapphire! I will do that! We are very pleased with how it turned out!

12. October 19, 2017 / 2:05 am

I think mosaic tile is so cool and I would love to have some in my home! what a great project!!

• October 20, 2017 / 3:01 pm

Thank you Ricci! Check them out! They have everything from back splashes to tiled mirror frames. I love Mozaico!

• October 20, 2017 / 3:02 pm

Thank you so much Nancy! We do love it and plan more projects with Mozaico soon!

13. October 19, 2017 / 8:06 am

Oh my goodness, that looks SO pretty! I wish I had the skill to pull something off like that.

• October 20, 2017 / 3:02 pm

Angie it really is not as hard as it seems. I promise. I would maybe start with a smaller project such as a mosaic tile on top of a table! That would be gorgeous and fun to learn on.

14. October 19, 2017 / 8:25 am

This is beautiful. It really makes our entryway dramatic and inviting. Your husband has some mad skills. Wow! congratulations on this!

• October 20, 2017 / 3:01 pm

Thank you so much Julee! He really does have mad skills and I love learning how to do cool things like this from him! It was such fun to do and we love it.

15. October 19, 2017 / 12:05 pm

That is gorgeous! He did an amazing job and the difference is completely amazing.

• October 20, 2017 / 3:04 pm

Thank you so very much Sissy! I loved learning how to do it myself although he did most of the work. We plan to do more mosaic projects soon and LOVE Mozaico!

16. October 19, 2017 / 2:10 pm

That is one gorgeous statement piece! I love how it’s really not too hard to do!

• October 20, 2017 / 3:17 pm

Thank you so much Kita! We are in love with Mozaico now and have more plans in the future to use their tile mosaics!

17. Tammy
    October 20, 2017 / 12:19 am

Gorgeous!!!

18. My Teen Guide
    October 20, 2017 / 5:27 am

The project turned out so pretty! You have a very nice entry way with that mosaic tile. Your husband really did a good job installing it.

19. October 21, 2017 / 5:46 am

You guys did a great job! I definitely have flooring in my home that needs to be replaced. I will have to check into this.

• October 21, 2017 / 11:48 am

Dawn you will love Mozaico! They have everything you can imagine – literally because if you don’t find what you want they can create it for you!