Self-Employed? Celebrate Like A Boss On National Bosses Day

So it’s national bosses day today.

I am going to treat my boss like a Queen today!

That’s right, I am going to take her out for lunch, maybe even buy her a gift or two.

Why? Because my boss is me!

I have been self-employed for more than two decades.

I could never imagine going back to working for someone else.

So for all of you who work from home, or have your own small business.

Happy National Bosses Day!

Self-Employed Celebrate Like A Boss National Bosses Day

Being your own boss can be challenging in many ways.

There is no one to make sure you get everything done.

You have many hats to wear, and tasks to juggle.

For those like myself, when you have no employees, everything is on you!

On the other hand, there are many perks.

From setting your own hours to having a day off anytime you want to take it.

That is as long as you have all of your work caught up.

Truth is, I can be rather hard on myself.

I guess one could say “my boss” is a bit tough on me.

That is why it is important to treat ourselves on days like this.

How To Celebrate National Bosses Day When You Are The Boss! Self-Employed- Celebrate Like A Boss On National Bosses Day

Self-Employed? Celebrate Like A Boss On National Bosses DayClick To Tweet

How To Treat Yourself On National Bosses Day:

Take yourself out for a nice lunch.

All too often we skip meals or snack on junk to get through the day. Eat a healthy delicious meal today.

Buy yourself a new outfit or something you have longed for.

You work hard and deserve a treat now and then. Consider something not related to work such as an evening out outfit.

Take more breaks. You deserve it!

We know we can be really hard on ourselves. Pushing it to the limits. It is okay to take breaks now and then.

Take the entire day off.

What truly is the point in working for ourselves if we are not allowed a skip day?

Meet up with friends.

Working for ourselves can be alienating at times. Get together with a friend or two for a drink, a coffee, or a relaxing lunch.

Acknowledge your success.

Those who own their own business, or work from home can truly be hard on themselves. Take a moment to write down your successes and accomplishments.

Throw an office party!

If you own a business don’t wait for your team to throw a celebration. Throw one yourself and treat them to helping you reach your goals. If you work from home like I do, invite friends and neighbors over to celebrate with you!

It’s so easy to get caught up in goals we have not yet achieved.

Easy to let getting the next task done keep us from sitting back and embracing what we have accomplished.

Use today as a day to do these things for yourself, or your team.

Personally, I am going to try to do as many of the above ideas as I can today and over the week ahead.

After all, I do not need to do them all today, I am the boss I can call the whole week National Bosses Week if I want.

So cheers to all my fellow self-employed friends out there.

Happy National Bosses Day!

How do you plan to celebrate?

1. October 16, 2017 / 12:39 pm

Word! If you’re your own boss, celebrate yourself! You took the leap. You took on the stress. Celebrate yourself sometime!

• October 16, 2017 / 11:41 pm

Love your comment and yes indeed WORD! We work hard and can be hard on ourselves. We deserve a break!

2. October 16, 2017 / 5:43 pm

Happy Bosses Day! I didn’t know it was National Bosses Day and I’m glad my hubby didn’t know either. Shhhh….He is my boss. He has a small practice and I work for him. But, I am the boss of my little blog and my household, so maybe I’ll call it a day early and treat myself to Netflix tonight! 😉

• October 16, 2017 / 11:43 pm

Haha Nancy I won’t tell him…promise! I hope you did call it an early day and enjoyed some down time. You deserve it!

3. October 16, 2017 / 7:19 pm

I had no idea there was a National Boss’s Day! How cool is that! Can I claim to be the boss of the house and gift myself something fun? hahaha!

• October 16, 2017 / 11:45 pm

Heck yeah you can! Heck just based on your blog and how awesome it is you deserve a day off! Go gift yourself crazy!

4. October 16, 2017 / 9:06 pm

Happy bosses day! These are all great ideas! I would totally take the day off, go out to lunch and probably to a movie. There are so many movies I am dying to see right now.

• October 16, 2017 / 11:46 pm

Oh a movie sounds nice! I have not been out to one in ages it feels like! I hope if you did not get to take Bosses Day off you make one for yourself!

5. October 16, 2017 / 9:46 pm

I totally knew it was bosses day, but never thought about celebrating for myself! That’s just smart. I’m a little late now as it’s almost over, maybe next year!

• October 16, 2017 / 11:47 pm

Oh heck don’t wait for next year just make your own Bosses Day and enjoy!

6. October 17, 2017 / 12:30 am

I totally forgot to celebrate myself on National Bosses Day! Looks like I might need to treat myself soon…LOL!!

• October 20, 2017 / 2:35 pm

That’s the best thing about being your own boss. YOU decide when Bosses Day really is!

7. October 17, 2017 / 12:49 am

Working at home is not a walk in the park and days like this definitely makes you look forward to what you’re doing. I think it’s awesome to have some me-time and just celebrate this day!

• October 20, 2017 / 2:36 pm

Me too Jocelyn and yes you are right – working for yourself especially from home is super challenging. I hope you took or will take some time to celebrate YOU!

8. Victoria Heckstall
    October 17, 2017 / 6:53 am

Happy Bosses Day! Cheers.. I think I need to treat myself for bosses day. Maybe next year.

• October 20, 2017 / 2:37 pm

You don’t have to wait till next year Victoria! Just proclaim any day you want and make it happen!

9. October 17, 2017 / 7:17 am

I didn’t know there’s even such a celebration! It’s okay to indulge in life’s precious breaks once in a while and treat yourself to relieve stress.

10. October 17, 2017 / 7:52 am

Is it so nice that you handle your own time and work on your own phase? It’s been almost 6 yrs now since I become a travel blogger. Hopefully someday I will be comfortably quit my full time job and enjoy travelling.

• October 18, 2017 / 1:46 pm

I look forward to the day that you get to do that too Farrah and you WILL!

11. October 17, 2017 / 10:36 am

That is a great reminder to enjoy things like this, I never know when thees days are. I need to start paying attention!

• October 18, 2017 / 1:46 pm

Melissa I find those days far more enjoyable when done with intention. I know you deserve it!

12. Kathy
    October 17, 2017 / 11:43 am

I honestly didn’t even know about national boss day. Great to know now! I think it’s nice to treat yourself every now and then. We all need it.

13. October 17, 2017 / 7:35 pm

You deserve a celebration. I don’t think I’ve ever celebrated Boss’ Day but I should start.

• October 18, 2017 / 1:50 pm

I hope that you do Mimi! Even though bosses day is “over” since we are our own bosses we can celebrate any day we choose!

14. October 18, 2017 / 12:17 am

I think next year I’m going to plan a massive party for all my boss friends 😀

• October 18, 2017 / 1:48 pm

That sounds awesome Kathy! In the mean time you can always take a YOU day anytime you wish!

15. October 18, 2017 / 10:01 am

My boss is me too! 🙂 Too bad, I missed celebrating it. I didn’t know there is National Bosses Day. Until next year for me then. 🙂

• October 18, 2017 / 1:49 pm

Lynndee the best part of being your own boss… YOU decide when bosses day IS haha still time to celebrate anytime YOU want to!

16. October 18, 2017 / 8:15 pm

I love the freedom and flexibility that comes with being my own boss. Not to mention the success I’ve created for our family!