Law of Attraction: The “I Am” Versus the “I Will Be” Mentality

Many of you are aware of the fact that I have been a professional life coach for over two decades.

Empowerment is an important topic to me.

It’s something I infuse into my blog articles often.

Today I wanted to focus on empowerment a little.

Some of you may be familiar with the Law of Attraction and some of you may not.

To break it down quite simply, the Law of Attraction (LOA) states that what we put out we get back.

Law of Attraction- The “I Am” Versus the “I Will Be” Mentality

How To Put The Law Of Attraction Into Practice:

One of the simplest ways to put the Law of Attraction into daily practice is to pay attention to how you speak and think.

If your dream is to be a published novelist, instead of saying “I will be a published author” say “I am an excellent writer.”

If your goal is for your pawn shop to be successful instead of saying “I want my pawn shop to be successful” say “I have a very successful pawn shop.”

Law of Attraction Is All About Attitude

No one wants to get on a bandwagon that is headed to the seedy part of town.

People are attracted to successful, sharp thinking and exciting people.

When you present yourself as someone who is up and coming, or better yet, someone who has already “arrived”,  you will find others flock to you and you will be in the limelight you desire to be in.

Don’t sell yourself short, because if you do not believe in what you have to offer, why should anyone else.

Present yourself as an authority on what it is you have a passion for.

That does not mean you have to be a “know it all” nor act like one.

You can always show excitement for what others ask of you.

However, don’t shortchange yourself in your area of knowledge or your ability.

Law of Attraction Means Keeping Some Things To Yourself

Show your best side at all times.

Keep your frustrations close to you showing them only to those you know you can trust.

Venting your fears about your ability to succeed to those you need and want to impress is a downward spiral.

However, we all do need to vent.

Keeping things pent up isn’t healthy either.

Save your frustrations for only your most trusted friends.

Lack of self-awareness, esteem, and confidence is your worst enemy.

Direct positive energy outward in order to attract positive outcomes.

When you believe in yourself others will believe in you too.

Putting Law of Attraction Into Practice:

If your dream is to open a bakery let everyone you speak to know about your ambitions.

Law of Attraction

Use the Law of Attraction by stating “I am going to open a bakery!”

Gain awareness and interest of like-minded people.

Like-minded people will also admire your gusto and commitment.

Some may even offer to help you make your dreams a reality.

It may seem a little inappropriate or even slightly cocky starting out with this new attitude.

Some people may even think you’re a little “out there”.

However, the people who really matter and can catapult you toward your dreams and goals will not find you to be overzealous at all.

In fact, they will understand true greatness comes from a core belief that you are in fact “all that!”

Law Of Attraction Is Only An Added Benefit

Granted there is a lot more that goes into success than using the Law of Attraction.

If in the case of opening a business you will want to build good credit.

Having a strong business plan is key as well, among other things.

When it comes to Law of Attraction, however, it can be an added benefit to many aspects of our lives.

From speaking to a child’s teacher on a touchy topic, to dealing with in-laws using LOA can help.

We all know that we want to be around positive people.

Perhaps with the exception of when we want to vent to a friend.

Try using LOA in your day to day life and see how it works for you!

See more articles on Empowerment and Enlightenment on the blog.

I would love to hear your thoughts on LOA.

Do you use it? Has it worked for you? Is this your first time hearing about it? Let me know in the comments please.

1. October 2, 2017 / 12:33 pm

I try to assess my personal self at least a few times a week. For personal and professional reasons, I think it’s important to remain focused on bettering myself. I workout 5-6 days per week, and I think to myself, I’m better today than I was yesterday, simply because I am in the gym, working to lose weight. Your post is inspiring! Thank you for sharing this!

• October 2, 2017 / 7:10 pm

Thank you so much Roger! Sounds like you are doing a great job of manifesting positive in your life!

• October 2, 2017 / 7:11 pm

Thank you Joanna! Positive thinking produces more positive actions in our lives.

2. October 2, 2017 / 5:31 pm

Great post and one I needed to read right now. I keep “planning” what I want to do with ‘I will be’ but I’m not achieving it today! I think I need to change my mantra!

• October 2, 2017 / 7:12 pm

Thank you Jennifer I am so glad you read this at the right time for you. I think we often find what we need in our lives happens our way as long as we are ready to embrace it. More positive thought will lead to more positive action.

3. adriana
    October 2, 2017 / 9:41 pm

The law of attraction is SO real!! Could not agree more. This is such a great post and was so powerful and great to read! It’s so important to take into account what you want to do and realize how you can get there sooner or later.

• October 3, 2017 / 1:09 pm

Thank you so very much Adriana! It makes me so happy you believe in LOA and use it! As you said it DOES work.

4. October 3, 2017 / 1:04 am

That makes a lot of sense and it’s definitely something that you can use towards achieving your goals. I think it’s amazing! It’s a really good motivation.

5. October 3, 2017 / 1:44 am

I have to say that even though this post is different from your fashion posts (which I have come to expect and LOVE) I love this!! This is such powerful midst that we should all adopt!! Thank you for this wonderful message.

• October 3, 2017 / 1:06 pm

I am so glad you enjoyed it Ricci! Also thank you for the lovely compliment on my fashion posts! I do enjoy writing about empowerment because it’s very important we take care of ourselves.

6. October 3, 2017 / 9:52 am

I have been thinking about this kind of thing a lot lately. I really need to put it into action, I have been very negative and quite a bummer lately.

• October 3, 2017 / 1:07 pm

Melissa we all get into those modes. I am glad the article helped inspire you to get back on a positive path.

7. October 3, 2017 / 11:45 am

I always want to have a little business in the retail industry but I never really have the courage to do it. Thanks for this motivation.

• October 3, 2017 / 1:07 pm

I am so glad the article helped motivate you! I know it is scary to start a new path but you never know what you are missing out on if you do not give it a try!

8. October 3, 2017 / 1:21 pm

Sounds like a great frame of mind to have. It can be tough to stay positive and keep goals when there are so many challenges out there. Have to believe in yourself!

9. October 3, 2017 / 2:13 pm

This is a great post! I never really thought about the difference between the two thoughts, but it really is a different mindset and can/will set the tone for how you approach things.

• October 3, 2017 / 10:23 pm

Absolutely Leah! It may seem only a slight difference but it makes all the difference in the outcomes we achieve.

10. rika
    October 4, 2017 / 12:50 am

This is a beautiful post. I agree with you, we need to show our best side at all times, do not focus on the bad ones. I try to think and do something positive on rough times.

• October 4, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Thank you so very much Rika! That is the way I function too. There is always a silver lining.

11. October 4, 2017 / 8:09 am

What an interesting post and I enjoyed reading it, learn few things too. Nver thought about the difference between “I am” and “I will be”, thanks for the information.

12. October 4, 2017 / 10:59 am

I’ve heard about LOA many times. One of my friends preaches about it a lot. She believes in it big time and so do I. I always think positive thoughts and choose to surround myself with positive people.

• October 4, 2017 / 8:07 pm

You and your friend are wise to use LOA in your daily life. I also agree about surrounding yourself with positive people! It just feels better!

13. October 4, 2017 / 11:24 am

I think sometimes I use these rules without realizing it. I am generally quite the opposite. I like to set goals and then achieve them, and pat myself on the back. I also love self directed criticism, it allows me to work on self-improvement. Overall, I need to work on my confidence levels. Great post you have got to be a reminder of that!

• October 4, 2017 / 8:08 pm

Thank you so much. I would love to think most of us are positive go getters! Sure life can throw us curve balls but knowing how to dodge them with humor and grace is key!