Hey, It’s Okay … A post of Empowerment and Encouragement

I got this idea from a fellow blogger. She got the idea from Glamour Magazine.

Since I often blog about empowerment I wanted to jump in and do one of my own.

This post is about things that may not be perfect but is okay in this not so perfect world.

While the following statements are about myself, I bet some of you can relate!

Hey It's Okay! A post of empowerment and encouragement

Hey, It’s Okay…

… when I feel that I cannot do it all. Just stop, take a deep breath, do something for yourself, then dive back in. Take on one task at a time. You will get it all done.

… to be disorganized. My workspace is far from magazine photo material. My organization is by far not stupendous but I always find what I need when I need it.

… when I am not on my best performance. Every day is a new day for a new beginning. Let today go and start again tomorrow.

Hey, It’s Okay …

… to take one day at a time. Living with the “tomorrow may never come” mentality can be healthy for some but for me, it just adds to my stress.

… that I am a geek. Yes, I would rather watch Marvel movies, troll the Internet, and play video games than read a book, unless it’s a comic book, maybe.

… to not be as good at multitasking as I used to be. I remember the days where I could be on a conference call, balance my checkbook, and change a diaper all at the same time. Those days are long gone. Now, every task takes full focus.

Hey It's Okay

Hey, It’s Okay…

… that I have never seen the Titanic all the way through in one sitting. I am not into mainstream things and tend to vehemently stay away from anything everyone else is raving about. Especially when it comes to entertainment.

… I am still drinking coffee. I tried to give it up entirely but I have managed to cut down to 1 cup a day. Okay, maybe 2 if I am working late into the night.

… that I am still perfecting my blog. This is something that every blogger faces. It is literally the hardest career I have ever had. That is what I love about blogging though, it keeps me on my toes.

Hey, It’s Okay…

… that I am a night owl. I have always been one. Since I was a kid I hated going to bed at what others considered a “regular time”. Lucky for me as an adult I have a career where I can work my own hours! Evenings are lovely, the house is quiet, I can focus.

… to have not attended any of your high school reunions. I attended two different high schools. Both send me reunion invitations. I never truly felt close to anyone at either of them. While I did have a few great friends, I do not see the need to go to a reunion to see them. Something about reunions has always turned me off.

… that I like animals more than people. I love all things nature offers for us to enjoy. I refuse even to kill a spider unless it is a brown recluse! Then I ask someone else to do it. My pets mean the world to me. If you love pets please check out the Pet Profiles.

If you enjoyed this article, please read other articles from the Empowerment and Enlightenment category on the blog.

Thank you to Airing My Dirty Laundry for the inspiration on this post!

What are you okay with? Leave me a comment and share something about yourself that you are okay with!

1. September 28, 2017 / 1:43 pm

I’m okay with the fact that I’m not perfect. I sometimes allow my homeschooled children to stay in their pjs and we sometimes take mid-day ice cream breaks just to get out of the house and de-stress! I’m also okay with the fact that my house isn’t always clean, although I really do wish it would magically happen! Life is short…enjoy the moments. 🙂

• September 29, 2017 / 12:01 am

Heck yes! When I homeschooled we did those things often. That is what I love about homeschooling. You can take an everyday experience and put lessons into it – and some days, its just about the ice cream. Yet, if you wanted to learn about how ice cream is made you can do that too! Haha I need a few of those magical elves to come clean my house too 🙂

2. September 28, 2017 / 2:12 pm

I love this. I don’t strive for perfection because we will always come up short. I only try to be better than I was yesterday. Thanks for sharing this, it made my day!

• September 29, 2017 / 12:00 am

Thank you so much Sapphire! That was my intention and I am so glad it did that for you!

3. September 28, 2017 / 6:48 pm

It’s okay that I just ate a bowl of Count Chocula….it was good! It’s okay that my house looks nothing like a magazine! I’ve got pets and kids and stuff and that is more than okay! I love this idea 🙂
    Christy Maurer recently posted…Dogs Inspire Us to Do MoreMy Profile

• September 28, 2017 / 11:56 pm

That sounds good! I love Boo Berry myself lol I have parts of my home that are beautiful but that would be a cool light fixture or something, everything else, kinda a mess haha! Hey It’s Okay!! Thank you so much for a great comment Christy!

4. September 29, 2017 / 9:48 am

We are all not perfect. Everyone has flaws and it’s normal. It is important to be ourselves ad better.

5. September 29, 2017 / 11:32 am

I think this is such a fabulous idea! What a great way to empower yourself to be positive. I really enjoy reading posts like this and their responses.

• September 29, 2017 / 12:10 pm

I agree and was totally inspired by the idea as well. I love reading articles like this as well.

• September 29, 2017 / 3:10 pm

Isn’t that the truth Marielle! I totally agree! I have thought the same thing myself.

6. September 29, 2017 / 3:12 pm

I agree with all of these and can relate to many. I recently made the decision to work for myself and I have an online store. I have to stay positive and not get stressed with everything I need to do. My dear friend is an empath and she says that whatever you put out there stays with you. So if you say negative things you will get negative results. I’m working hard on being positive. We can’t be perfect but we can be positive.

• September 29, 2017 / 3:14 pm

Your friend is totally correct! As an empath and spiritual advisor and life coach for over 20 years myself, everything she says is 100% true!! In fact be sure to come back on Monday! I have an article that will be up about Law of Attraction! It is not always easy to be positive, trust me I know lol. You WILL be successful Gisele!

7. September 29, 2017 / 9:46 pm

For me, its okay not to keep my kitchen clean while I am cooking. I see no reason it should look like no one is in there while I am trying to create. It is so stressful and disruptive to my creativity.

• September 29, 2017 / 9:52 pm

I so agree with this! I love pretty foodie blogs as much as the next person but when I tried to do foodie blog posts my kitchen looked like a tornado blew through it lol. I am messy by nature anyway! No one needs to worry about that when being creative. Good for you!

• September 30, 2017 / 3:44 pm

Thank you Ricci and indeed, absolutely! We are human and have flaws but overall we are pretty amazing!

8. September 30, 2017 / 9:04 am

Being self aware and accepting your own flaws and imperfections is so vital for a healthy mind and body! Everyone needs a reminder that perfection is overrated and happiness is about being content! 🙂 Great motivational post! 🙂
    Kelli A recently posted…Dunky Cups ~ Cookies & Milk Mug Giveaway!My Profile

• September 30, 2017 / 3:42 pm

Thank you so very much! I totally agree with everything you just said!

9. September 30, 2017 / 7:39 pm

I tell myself almost every day – hey, it’s okay that you didn’t finish everything on your to-do list – you spent quality time with your babies today, and that’s what counts!

• October 1, 2017 / 11:44 pm

Exactly Kristen!! I feel good each time I cross something off my list and take pleasure in what I do get done. Your family is far more important.

10. October 1, 2017 / 3:08 am

I have always been a perfectionist, even a child. So, telling myself it’s okay is always so hard. But, I try to do it every day so I don’t put too much pressure on myself.

11. Heather
    October 1, 2017 / 11:00 am

I love seeing my friends succeed and be perfectly perfect. But I also love knowing that they’re just like me & have limitations. It’s okay that we may not have it all figured out or are still a work in progress.

12. Adaleta
    October 1, 2017 / 9:03 pm

What a great reminder, too often do we feel like the world is ending but really it isn’t

13. TColeman
    October 2, 2017 / 9:36 am

This is such a great post theme. I am also okay with the fact that I like to stay up late and work. Most people don’t get it.

• October 2, 2017 / 7:07 pm

We are of the same mind there aren’t we! Nighttime is best for peace and quiet and the ability for clear thought!

14. October 4, 2017 / 1:13 am

I love this post. I sometimes need to be reminded that mothering does not means doing things perfectly. Thank you for posting this.

15. October 8, 2017 / 7:08 pm

It’s okay to not be perfect & accidentally make mistakes & learn from it. This post always reminds me of that

• October 9, 2017 / 7:31 pm

Exactly Oyinkan! I love what you said – we absolutely can learn from every “mistake”!