Cat Respiratory Infection How To Protect Them

There is nothing scarier than when one of your furbabies gets sick.

Our cats seem to get colds a few times each year.

Yes, cats and dogs can get sick just like we humans do.

Cat Respiratory Infection: It Can Happen To Any Cat

Cat Respiratory Infection How To Protect Them

Disclosure: As a Chewy.com Ambassador I received free product and or payment to facilitate this article. I am highly selective on products for my pets and I would only showcase items I trust, from brands I trust.

With pets, it is no different than small children.

They can’t communicate what is wrong.

We feel sad for them, helpless, and sometimes panic.

Sometimes it is imperative we take our pets to the vet and this is not something we want to risk.

Cats can get respiratory infections that require veterinarian care.

Many of us wonder when we need to take our cats to the vet.

While I have a few tips, I am by no means a vet, so if in doubt, make an appointment.

Cat Respiratory Infection Symptoms:

Runny eyes or nose.

Loss of Appetite.

Sneezing.

Cough.

Fever.

Drooling or Gagging.

Not too different from humans.

As a general rule if your cat has symptoms for 3 days you should call your vet.

A mixture of symptoms, refusing to eat, or drink water could be more serious signs so don’t wait!

Being a diligent pet owner I did a lot of research when one of my cats was showing symptoms of a respiratory infection.

I learned that a vitamin called L-Lysine could help them.

Eager to help my poor kitty I rushed to the store and picked up a bottle of L-Lysine.

The trouble was the pills were huge.

I had to smash them up and sprinkle it on her cat food.

This worked, and I saw improvement almost right away!

The issue, the process was messy and took time.

Cat Respiratory Infection How To Protect Them

Then I learned about a product made especially for cats made by VetriScience.

I have used VetriScience products before and they have always been great for my pets.

VetriScience Vetri-Lysine Plus Immune Health Bite-Sized Cat Chews work to keep my cats respiratory health in check!

Vetri-Lysine Plus For Cat Respiratory Infection:

Lysine is an amino acid that cats are very responsive to.

It helps for added immune support, eye health, respiratory health support as well as skin and coat health.

Lysine is often recommended by vets when pets are being boarded or in multi-cat households.

Cat Respiratory Infection How To Protect ThemWith VetriScience Vetri-Lysine Plus Immune Health

I give my cats 2 Chews per day to stave away immune system issues and respiratory problems.

Available at Chewy.com, my favorite place to shop for pet supplies, supplements, toys, and more!

Nothing is worse than watching your furbabies suffer.

I have not had any issues with my kitties health since starting them on L-Lysine.

Yes, you can absolutely get the human supplements and mash them up, but VetriScience makes it much less of a chore to keep my pets healthy.

Cat Respiratory Infection Help

My Cats Thoughts On VetriScience For Cat Respiratory Infection:

My Tibet gobbles them up while Nub is a little hesitant toward them.

With Nub, I still put them in his food.

The fish shaped treats are so easy to break up.

I only need to break them into a few pieces each and put them in his food and he eats them with no problem.

A far cry less frustrating than those huge hard pills!

Even if your cat is not thrilled with the flavor, they are medicine, after all, breaking them up does the trick for most cats.

I personally think they smell like teriyaki jerky.

I can’t say how they taste but Tibet loves them.

If you are concerned about Cat Respiratory Infection give them a try!

I swear by them!

Purchase VetriScience Vetri-Lysine Plus Immune Health Bite-Sized Cat Chews Here.

Your kitties will thank you for it!

I would love to hear from you!

Are you a cat owner? Have you witnessed Cat Respiratory Infection symptoms in your cat?

Remember: Never hesitate to take your furbaby to their veterinarian if their symptoms are bad!

• September 11, 2017 / 6:27 pm

Indeed and I know that in the past without blog posts to help me I would not know many things. I love sharing what I learn through my own experiences. Thank you for checking it out!

• September 11, 2017 / 6:26 pm

Thank you! Just so you know Chewy also offers Lysine for dogs too! Yes it is crazy – our pets are so much like us they too get illnesses we do.

1. September 11, 2017 / 4:31 pm

I’ll be giving these to my cat, Peanut Butter, to protect her as fall weather hits Pennsylvania. I’m also going to see if they have a good immune booster for dogs as well, so that I can give them to my senior dog. As pets get older, they can become more susceptible to illnesses.

• September 11, 2017 / 6:24 pm

In fact, Chewy.com does offer products with Lysine for dogs as well! Great idea getting ahead of the weather!

2. Claudia Krusch
    September 11, 2017 / 6:43 pm

I will have to share this with my friend. She has three cats that she treats like children. I know she will want to know about this.

• September 11, 2017 / 8:51 pm

Awee so glad she is a great cat mama! Pets are family. Thank you so much for sharing this with her. Pet illness can be serious and I want to arm people with as much helpful info as I can.

• September 11, 2017 / 8:51 pm

Congrats to your friend on her new family addition! Indeed they sure do get sick just like we do. Thank you for sharing this with her!

3. September 11, 2017 / 7:45 pm

This is great to know!! We just added a new kitten to our family. I haven’t had one in years so its great to learn about helpful products before I need them!

4. September 12, 2017 / 12:48 am

I remember when my cat got the flu when I was a child..it was really scary and sad! You feel helpless and they seem so miserable. Glad to know there are things around to help now!

• September 12, 2017 / 8:47 pm

I am so glad that so many wonderful products are now available for our precious kitties!

5. September 12, 2017 / 3:38 am

This is a great post on caring for your sick kitties. I don’t have any cats but I do have dogs and I HATE when she gets sick or feels bad.
    ricci recently posted…Scape Brunch in St. LouisMy Profile

6. September 12, 2017 / 3:53 am

Oscar hasn’t experienced this before which makes me feel very fortunate. I wouldn’t want him to go through the stress but it’s nice to know that there are ways to deal with it that will help make your cat’s life easier.

• September 12, 2017 / 8:49 pm

I am so glad to hear Oscar has not experienced respiratory infection before! I give my kitties the Lysine each day to prevent it because they have had it before.

7. Kathy
    September 12, 2017 / 7:26 am

It’s nice to know more about this. I have three cats, so I’m glad I was able to see this. It certainly isn’t fun when pets get sick either.

• September 12, 2017 / 8:56 pm

It isn’t plus vet bills are not fun. I give my cats these every day to help prevent illness.

• September 12, 2017 / 8:55 pm

You are a great pet mama Jennifer! Yes this keeps them from getting sick, granted nothing can be 100% but I give it to my cats daily even if they are not sick to help protect them.

• September 12, 2017 / 8:54 pm

Absolutely happy to share Angela! Also it helps to give it to them daily before they are sick so they do not GET sick. Hope you get a kitty soon!

8. September 12, 2017 / 11:36 am

I could have used this when I lived on the farm and had 20 barn cats that I took care of. Very useful for the cats!

• September 12, 2017 / 8:54 pm

Oh yes April! I imagine with that many living outside in a barn they could have used it. Thank you for taking care of them! We used to have some barn cats too! They can be fast and tricky to catch lol

9. September 12, 2017 / 3:43 pm

This was good information. My kids are wanting some cats and know if I we get one I’ll be prepared!

• September 12, 2017 / 8:52 pm

Thank you Amanda! I love sharing helpful information. No one knows everything starting out. I hope your kiddos get some kitties!

10. adriana
    September 12, 2017 / 3:43 pm

These are such great tips for cat owners! It’s so important to know about your pets’ health for them to stay healthy and in shape. Have to share this with some of my friends who have cats!

11. Adaleta
    September 12, 2017 / 6:15 pm

How smart, this is very smart to keep your kitty healthy, I didn’t know this so this is something new to me!

• September 12, 2017 / 8:46 pm

So happy to share helpful information! I love that I can give it to my cats daily and get ahead of any cold they may get!

12. September 13, 2017 / 6:46 am

We used to have cats and I agree, it’s sad to watch them suffer. We might get us another cat soon so it’s so good to know about this product. And thanks for all the info.

• September 13, 2017 / 8:44 pm

It sure is. The poor dears can’t even tell us what is wrong. I really appreciate having Lysine. I give it to my cats daily so they do not get infected.

13. September 14, 2017 / 9:13 am

I’m all for prevention and quick treatments so this is great! I’m def going to be checking this out for my Phoebe.

• September 15, 2017 / 9:38 pm

Thanks for looking into it Amber. It is almost scary how many things it has protected us from already!

14. September 14, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Awe this makes me so happy to read about pet owners who actually take care of their sick pets. I on;y have dogs, but I can imagine this to be a similar problem. Hopefully my dogs never have to get sick on me.
    Allison recently posted…How to Make Instagram Your Personal Travel GuideMy Profile

• September 15, 2017 / 9:34 pm

Allison Chewy also sells the same type of product for pups as well. I hope your babies stay healthy and happy forever.

15. Gabriel Bregg
    September 16, 2017 / 1:26 pm

I’ve never noticed any of these symptoms in our cat, but he’s an outdoor pet so it’s possible I just haven’t been diligent enough.

• September 17, 2017 / 3:26 pm

Gabriel – outdoor cats are even more susceptible to infections so if you do notice any signs you will want to get right on it. I agree though with outdoor cats it is harder to notice.

16. October 6, 2017 / 2:52 pm

Wow! Informative! Cats should be cared for after all they are our favourite little buddies!

17. October 23, 2017 / 3:42 pm

Thank you for the great information! My cat, Mia, need some relief!