Homemade Real Food For Pets Our Journey So Far

Two weeks ago I told you about starting Lyla on NomNomNow.

You can view that article here.

Since then we have had some changes in our lives.

My daughter and her pup Link moved back into the home with us.

Homemade Real Food for dogs by NomNomNow

Disclosure: This article is a sponsored post. I only write about products and brands I have used and believe in. All opinions expressed in this article are my own.

Now, not only is Lyla enjoying the fresh healthy NomNomNow experience, but Link is as well!

Homemade Real Food

Homemade Real Food by NomNomNow Healthy Dog Food Dogs Dream Of

We feed our family the best we can.

Our pets are part of our family.

When it comes to what I feed them I am learning a lot.

The experience with NomNomNow has been showing me what true quality dog food is all about.

I admit I do not make home cooked meals for my human family every day.

I do try not to serve them unhealthy meals.

We do not eat fast food very often and have as pure of a diet as possible.

I want the same for my pets.

Fresh dog food with all natural ingredients is the way to go!

I will also admit, I enjoy the dog food delivery!

What We Have Learned About Homemade Real Food

Homemade Real Food for dogs by NomNomNow Delivered!

Switching over is easy.

The dogs devour it!

It truly does not cost a fortune.

NomNomNow works with us in an honest way.

Our Lyla, for example, is on a special diet due to urinary issues in the past.

NomNomNow worked with us and our vet to be sure she was receiving the best meal plan for her special needs.

Her NomNomNow plan works with her special kibble diet.

Lyla still gets to enjoy the veterinarian formulated NomNomNow food that she prefers, along with her prescribed diet.

Link is sharing Lyla’s NomNomNow food right now but soon we will be selecting a meal plan specifically for him.

NomNomNow food looks and smells amazing and is made in the USA!

Plus, the NomNomNow kitchen meets all USDA/FDA standards.

I am sorry but not all dog foods are created equal.

Some of them smell horrible.

NomNomNow looks like real food because it is real food!

I won’t lie, I have been tempted to try it myself just to see how good it tastes.

No Denying Homemade Real Food Is Better

No Denying Homemade Real Food Is Better

Let’s face it. There has never been, and never will be anything better than a homemade meal.

When it comes to our pets, they deserve this as much as the humans in our family do.

Homemade Real Food is healthier, our dogs are more active as they have more energy.

Especially Lyla! She is considered a senior dog at 8 years old.

Lyla also has some mobility issues.

She gets excited about meal time now.

Changes In Lyla Since Starting Her On Homemade Real Food From NomNomNow

1. Lyla gets excited about meal time.

This is a big deal because her kibble would sit in her bowl untouched much of the time. We had to basically wait until she was starving to put her bowl down. Even then she was not excited to eat and acted like a finicky cat.

With NomNomNow we never have to worry about feeding time. She gobbles it up right away when we feed her. This means our feeding scheduled can actually be on a schedule. Better yet, our schedule, not hers when she has no other choice but to eat.

2. Lyla is more playful.

As I said above, Link moved in with us. This was a major concern because Lyla was never fond of Link. Since Lyla is older and has her mobility issues, we knew that having a puppy around would be difficult for her. Since starting NomNomNow, Lyla has a lot of energy and spunk. Granted, Link still irritates Lyla now and then but for the most part, Lyla has been more inclined to try playing with Link.

For those of you who have read my blog for awhile you also know Lyla has never cared for doggie toys. Lately, she has been taking an interest in toys!

This is exciting for us humans who love her. We always felt so sad that Lyla did not take joy in play time. Now we feel we have a whole new way to interact with her.

3. Lyla has lost weight!

She was never obese by any means but she was on the verge for her size. Her vet has reported that she has lost 1 pound which is a lot for Lyla and just the amount she needed to lose to be under that tipping point of concern about obesity!

Even her vet inquired about NomNomNow and of course, I gave him the website information.

4. No more paw nibbling.

Lyla always has nibbled one of her front paws. We have been told it could be a nervous condition along with a few other possibilities. I am not sure there is a connection to starting her on the NomNomNow homemade real food diet or not but it sure is interesting that after starting it, the nibbling stopped!

I accredit it to how there are no additives to NomNomNow and that it is all real gently cooked food. Whereas other foods have ingredients in them I can’t even read on the label.

I do have a concern with what I am feeding my pets. When I can’t pronounce what’s on the label I worry! That goes for human food and pet food.

Food should be just that – FOOD.

I enjoy feeding my pets real food that makes sense. When I cook at home for my family I use whole foods. Not processed, or foods with preservatives.

That is what you get with NomNomNow real homemade food.

5. Lyla is less anxious about loud noises and storms!

This is amazing friends! We had Lyla on a special supplement for her anxiety. Now, I am not saying she is not still a naturally anxious dog. I think it comes down somewhat to her breed. However, her anxiety is nothing like it was before. In fact, I am wondering if I need to even bother to reorder her supplement!

No one wants an upset dog. We love our pets, so we do not want them to be shaking from fear!

We all know we are what we eat. What we consume can cause or create all sorts of issues for us when it comes to our mood, emotions, and health.

Check Out Homemade Real Food For Your Dog:

NomNomNow offers 5 recipes.  I selected Heartland Beef Mash for Lyla based on their recommendations due to her health issues as suggested by NomNomNow via information I provided them.

NomNomNow Heartland Beef Mash Contains:

Ground beef: Protein, vitamins & minerals for strong bones
Potatoes: Energy producing & potassium packed
Carrots: Vitamin A – and more – for keeping eyes healthy
Peas: Fiber, Vitamin A, C, K & B6, and minerals galore
Egg: Exactly the protein, calcium, iron & zinc dogs need
NomNomNutrient Mix**: Expertly formulated nutrition blend
Fish oil: Omega Fatty Acids for a healthy coat

It just does not get more healthy than that!

Homemade Real Food Simply Is The Best For Your Furkids

It’s the difference between us humans eating a home-cooked meal versus eating fast food daily.

Sure, I love fast food as much as the next person.

I also know that it isn’t good for me!

I think we all know in the long run spending a little more on a healthy diet saves us money.

When we eat poorly or feed our pets poorly, we pay the price in health care.

Be that more frequent visits to your doctor, or the vet!

Save 50% off the NomNomNow homemade real food program for your dog.

Use the link above for the special savings.

I would love to hear from you! Are you going to make the switch? Let me know by leaving a comment, please. Thank you!

1. August 21, 2017 / 12:06 pm

I have never heard of this food! It’s kind of exciting to see that we are treating her animals with the correct nutrition that they need. In my mind that means that you’re treating them like members of the family.
    Jeanette recently posted…Bathroom Remodel Ideas & InspirationMy Profile

2. August 21, 2017 / 1:23 pm

Link and your daughter are both adorable! I’m going to be feeding my dogs NomNomNow soon, I am excited to see if it will help my dogs. My oldest dog is ten and she has a lot of allergies. She also spends too much time nibbling on her toes.
    Beth Patterson recently posted…Adopt Me: Out of the Box Boxer RescueMy Profile

• August 21, 2017 / 6:18 pm

Awee thank you so much Beth! Please come back and let me know how your dogs like it! I am sure it will help your dogs so much! Remember to use the 50% off your first box link!

• August 21, 2017 / 6:17 pm

It truly does Lisa. Really pets are no different than us, what we or they eat matters. I am so happy you checked it out thank you!

3. August 21, 2017 / 6:41 pm

This does look like fabulous and healthy food for pets! I’m so glad your doggy is doing better. I’ll have to look into this for my cats if they have it!
    Amber Myers recently posted…Things You Must Do In Gettysburg, PAMy Profile

• August 22, 2017 / 12:58 am

Thank you Amber. Currently they do not offer it for cats but they may in the future and I sure hope that they do!

• August 22, 2017 / 12:57 am

Exactly! When you think it smells and looks good enough to eat yourself you know your dog is going to LOVE it!

4. August 21, 2017 / 8:09 pm

This sounds like a really great product and service to have. Our family members make homemade dog food and it is a lot of work, with fruits, veggies, and raw meats. I imagine this would really simplify all the work.
    Marysa recently posted…Gift Ideas for Second Time MomsMy Profile

• August 22, 2017 / 12:56 am

I totally commend your family for doing that! I wish I had the time, know how, and patience but alas I do not. Thankfully we have a great option like this. Fresh food is always best indeed!

5. August 21, 2017 / 9:29 pm

I’ve never heard of this box before. I’m all about feeding my fur babies healthy and nutritious food. I will check this out.
    Dogvills recently posted…Can Dogs Eat Selenium?My Profile

• August 22, 2017 / 12:55 am

Please do! You will be very impressed I am positive! Remember also you can try it for 50% off with the special link in the post!

6. August 22, 2017 / 6:48 am

My family and I are into healthy diet as lately. And we want our fur baby do the same way. Though preparing food for everyone really takes time and energy. So to find ways to make it enjoyable and easy is a plus. I learn a lot on this post. By the way your dog is so cute 🙂

• August 22, 2017 / 7:00 pm

Thank you so much Farrah and yes I agree it is nice to have the delivery right to our door!

• August 22, 2017 / 6:59 pm

I would love for you to give their 50% off deal a try you will be so happy you did. Yes indeed love that it is delivered too!

• August 22, 2017 / 6:59 pm

Awee I am sorry for your kitty. NomNomNow does not create cat foods YET but I am hoping they do soon.

• August 22, 2017 / 7:00 pm

Exactly Crystal. It really does make things easier when it is delivered right to the door.

7. Victoria Heckstall
    August 22, 2017 / 8:17 pm

This is a good idea. It is more practical and wise way to feed our pets. Awesome!

• August 23, 2017 / 1:17 am

Absolutely and NomNomNow takes all the guess work out of how much to feed, what meats to use, etc. I admit to loving the delivery to my door too!

• August 23, 2017 / 1:16 am

Ricci what I love most about NomNomNow is that it is just as healthy for my pups as homemade but I do not personally have to make it. I love their delivery service. Plus to be honest, if I made the food myself, I would not know exactly what nutriants my pups need, or how much to feed them. I really love that NomNomNow takes all that guess work out of it for me. Be sure to use the link for 50% off for your Sophie.

8. Adaleta
    August 22, 2017 / 10:39 pm

Dogs are family they deserve some quality food too! So cool

• August 23, 2017 / 5:28 pm

Thank you for reading and indeed when you have another pup they will LOVE this so much.

9. August 23, 2017 / 7:54 am

It’s really great to know that there are already a lot of healthy options for the dogs now. And imagine that, homemade?! Gotta love that!

• August 23, 2017 / 5:27 pm

Indeed Lynndee! I am so happy to have my dogs eating a food that is not only excellent for them but one they LOVE to eat!

10. August 23, 2017 / 9:07 am

Never heard of this NomNomNow before but I’m glad your dog is doing much better. Natural homemade food for your dog really is better for them.
    Angela Ricardo Bethea recently posted…BabyLetto Lolly CribMy Profile

• August 23, 2017 / 5:27 pm

Indeed it sure is Angela and I am glad to have introduced you to them!

• August 23, 2017 / 3:52 pm

Thank you for checking them out Dorothy and don’t forget to use the special 50% off deal! Your huskies are going to go nuts over this!

11. August 23, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Wow this looks healthier than some of the meals we prepare for our family. What a nice way to make sure your pet is being taken care of.

• August 23, 2017 / 3:51 pm

haha RIGHT!? I agree! Thank you so much Tim I am happy you checked it out!

12. August 23, 2017 / 2:50 pm

Goodness, I wish we had something like this here in Slovenia. As soon as we get it, I’ll be the first in line to purchase. I have cooked for my dogs in the past and to me that is the ideal diet for them. They have both responded so well to it. We were forced to switch to cold-pressed pellets recently, but as soon as I move somewhere with more fridge & freezer space, we’ll go back to homemade!

• August 23, 2017 / 3:50 pm

Hi Luna! Yes homemade is always best indeed! I think it is great that you cook for your pets yourself but the delivery of freshly made dog food is sure nice. I also hope you get it in your area soon!

13. August 23, 2017 / 3:25 pm

So glad that you guys are enjoying NomNomNow! I noticed a big difference in playful energy as well. My house is chaos and the dogs are loving every minute. One thing to think about is that paw nibbling can be a sign of allergies. Often their paws will itch. Moving to a non-allergenic diet like these recipes can only help! And Link is incredibly cute too.

• August 23, 2017 / 3:47 pm

Thank you so much Heather! Yes indeed the paw nibbling is partly from allergies as well as stress. I do feel the diet has helped her so much and haha yes that Link, he sure is a cutie.

14. August 23, 2017 / 5:53 pm

This is my favorite line in your article: “Food should be just that – FOOD.” So much of what people and animals eat these days is full of chemicals, which research says is harmful to our bodies. The saddest is that by the time we realize it, a lot of damage has already been done.

• August 24, 2017 / 5:30 pm

RIGHT! Thank you! And you are so right – the additives, the chemicals – the damage they do! Just like Lyla not being as anxious these days since starting NomNomNow – granted – Lyla is wired that way to some degree but who knows what was in her kibble that was making it worse!

15. August 23, 2017 / 5:58 pm

How wonderful this food is working for you. I was surprised that the fear with storms had decreased with the food. It’s always so hard to make sure we are feeding our fur children the best food for them.
    Sweet Purrfections recently posted…Remembering BeignetMy Profile

• August 24, 2017 / 5:29 pm

I know and the fear really is WHAT WAS IN THE OTHER FOOD CAUSING IT? I mean yes she has and always will be an anxious pup – that is just how she was made – BUT when I see all the additives in these dry kibbles I cringe. Just like human foods – they can and do cause behavior and health issues! I know you know all of this lol just nice to talk about it. So impressed with this fresh food delivery from NomNomNow! Since I do not have the knowledge or time to make our own dog foods I am so glad this is a viable option.

16. August 23, 2017 / 7:34 pm

We are trying The Farmer’s Dog, another fresh subscription dog food, with Ruby and have noticed many of the same improvements – more energy, lost weight, and less anxious. It’s pretty amazing what great food can do. I admit I haven’t tried to make my own food for Ruby so this is a real treat for her.

• August 24, 2017 / 5:27 pm

Fresh is always best for sure. I am convinced and so happy your Ruby is enjoying a fresh food as well. I have not tried making our own either honestly I would not know where to start to do it CORRECTLY and I just do not have the time in my life. I am so glad we have these awesome fresh food options!

17. August 23, 2017 / 8:49 pm

I’m happy to hear you could welcome Link to your home with yummy Nom Nom Now food! He is such a cutie! It’s good to hear that Lyla has more energy now that she is eating Nom Nom Now! Thanks for sharing.

• August 24, 2017 / 5:25 pm

Thank you so much – they are learning to enjoy each other some – as long as lil Link does not push Lyla too much. She can become a crabby ol lil lady haha. They are both loving the NomNomNow very much!

18. August 23, 2017 / 9:47 pm

So glad the dogs are enjoying the food and you are seeing such positive changes. Simba will be trying this food soon and I hope he enjoys it as well. Sounds like a very good food as I’ve been hearing great things about it.

• August 24, 2017 / 5:21 pm

Thank you so much and I am excited for sweet Simba to get started! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts about it!

• August 24, 2017 / 5:20 pm

That is awesome she does that Marielle! That truly is the best way to go. For those of us who do not have the time or know how, NomNomNow fits the bill for sure.

19. August 24, 2017 / 7:36 am

It’s amazing that Lyla stopped nibbling her paws and is less anxious, that’s so unexpected just from a change in diet! I’m glad she is doing so well on this new food, it’s great when you find something that is wholesome and works well for your pet.
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them
    Cathy Armato recently posted…A Dog’s Ode To SummerMy Profile

• August 24, 2017 / 1:23 pm

Indeed Cathy! NomNomNow is a wonderful food our pups truly ENJOY eating too. I love seeing them so excited and happy for meal time.

20. August 25, 2017 / 1:00 pm

Wow, this is so cool! I think this needs to come to South Africa too! 😛 Brillant idea, wish it existed years ago already.

• August 25, 2017 / 1:20 pm

Me too Shaney and I hope it does come to other locations like your own.