Happiness Is: Chocolate and Being Part of the Family

As I mention in my bio and about me page, my husband works for a chocolate company.

He works for Mars Chocolate North America and is a line manager/line lead.

One should not take for granted having a job, let alone one they love and are proud of.

So for the next in my Happiness Is Series we have …

Happiness Is: Chocolate

I want to note that this article is not sponsored. This is just something I wanted to write about.

My husband’s career is a central part of our lives.

He takes great pride in his career and is very good at it.

There are also some perks for me too!

Having your husband bring home chocolate is always a treat.

I am lucky to be practically showered in it!

Why Chocolate Makes Me Happy

For starters, the obvious, it tastes fantastic!

Especially when you are enjoying quality chocolate like Dove!

Mars Chocolate treats their employees very well when it comes to benefits.

Being a part of a dynamic company like Mars makes my husband happy. This, in turn, makes me happy.

Chocolate can lower your health risks when eaten within reason.

Sometimes we attend chocolate Galas.

Mars Chocolate Gala

The Mars Chocolate Gala above was on behalf of our local plant opening up the Caramel M&M’s line.

It was a fun event but the highlight for me was the entrance.

We all walked through the plane which was very cool looking inside.

It was a plane like that of Elvis Presley, equipped with comfortable leather seating and a full-service bar.

Very posh!

We then exited onto the red carpet to be photographed.

Perhaps not our best photo, those lights were bright. I can understand how movie stars must feel. It takes a learned technique not to squint when staring into those lights!

My husband is not in this video since he does not work on the M&M’s line.

He was there when they filmed it however.

Another thing I am loving about Mars that makes me happy is their messaging.

Dove Chocolate Has Their Messenging On Point!

Dove is a Mars brand chocolate.

This is the wrapper message I received last night upon enjoying a piece:

Happiness Is Chocolate

Indeed I am and I hope you are proud of your age too!

We are also proud to be a part of the Mars Chocolate family.

Being Part Of The Mars Family:

When people hear that my husband is a line manager at a chocolate plant they often ask questions.

The main question I am asked is if I get a lot of free chocolate.

My answer is yes which is always met with a big sigh or squeal.

I do realize how lucky I am.

It is not something my husband or I take for granted and we always share.

The company hands out loads of coupons and chocolate before holidays.

Especially Halloween. We make sure to spread the love.

Some of the candy and product my husband brings home includes:

Skittles, Peanut M&Ms, Altoids, Gum, and animal treats.

Not all of these things are made at my husband’s plant.

Each plant makes different products.

I am however absolutely thrilled that my husband’s plant will be making Twix soon.

I swoon for Twix!

My husband is going to kill me and this is not his best photo but this is him at work.

Happiness Is Chocolate

He sent me a selfie one day and this was it.

My husband works long hours. Sometimes seven days a week but he loves his job.

He is very good at it too and I am proud of him.

We are both very happy to be a part of the Mars Chocolate family.

Both of us are thankful that he has a career in which he can grow.

That he belongs to a family that wants to see him build on and learn new skills.

Mars is truly a wonderful company to work with.

I hope each of you has a job that you love.

If you are looking you should find your local Mars plant and apply!

So that is it for today’s Happiness Is. Thank you so much for reading and getting to know more about myself and my husband today.

I would love for you to subscribe. I only send out one update per week, on Fridays. You also receive 2 FREE gifts when you subscribe.

• August 24, 2017 / 1:11 pm

Thank you and indeed it is a wonderful job we both love that he works there.

• August 24, 2017 / 11:51 pm

Thank you Felicita! The gala was a lot of fun for sure. The perks are nice – granted he works hard for them but he does love his job. Thank you so much for reading and commenting.

1. August 24, 2017 / 9:25 pm

Caramel M&Ms are my favorite right now. YUM!! I love that you have shared your joy with us. Happiness in life is so important. This year my husband and I have learned a lot about that…we changed a lot of things in our budget and jobs in order to be happy!
    Censie Sawyer recently posted…Jambalaya Made Easy!My Profile

• August 24, 2017 / 11:45 pm

They are good aren’t they! Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on this post. Oh indeed sometimes we have to just take a good hard look at things and decide what sacrifices we can make to make things better. I hope you and your husband found the happiness you were seeking!

2. Chasity L Boatman
    August 25, 2017 / 8:43 am

Dark chocolate is my absolute favorite type of chocolate! I’m glad that your husband was able to get a job that he enjoys. Hopefully he’ll be much happier.

• August 25, 2017 / 1:26 pm

I am luck that I am married to a man that is pretty much always happy. He just has a great energy about him even before Mars but yes he sure takes pride in what he does. Oh and dark chocolate is the best!

3. August 25, 2017 / 12:01 pm

Oh man now I want some chocolate! I love this though, finding a job that you enjoy is so so important! They say if you love what you do you’ll never work a day in your life. I am finding that more true each day!

• August 25, 2017 / 1:25 pm

So true Amanda. When we love what we do it’s so much better! I know I love what YOU do so keep up the great work over on your blog!

• August 25, 2017 / 1:24 pm

Haha Aileen we have tested the theory and the fact is one CAN get tried of eating TOO MUCH. That does not mean we do not enjoy our fair share lol. I am fearful however of when the Twix line opens – I may put on a few pounds then!

4. August 25, 2017 / 12:24 pm

THAT IS AWESOME! I would love to work for a chocolate company, simply because chocolate is life. It’s definitely one of the things that I enjoy more than I’d love to admit. It’s so cool that you get to have free chocolate but what I like more is that you share your blessings as well.

• August 25, 2017 / 1:23 pm

Haha indeed Jocelyn! Chocolate is life! So true getting some free chocolate is lovely of course but I sure do love making my friends, family, and neighbors happy with it as well.

5. August 25, 2017 / 12:47 pm

How fun that your husband loves his job and his company. I love when good companies have fun parties that show their employees some love and chocolate is definitely love in my book!!

6. Tammy Mentzer
    August 25, 2017 / 5:09 pm

Great article and pictures!! Mars is a great company!! I want my (insert MTV) coffee M&M’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• August 25, 2017 / 8:20 pm

Hi Mom! Thank you – It really is and I know you enjoy the candy too! Sorry I do not have more coffee M&M’s for you. Haha MTV!

7. August 26, 2017 / 3:19 pm

I have visited the Hersheys plant but I would love to go out and visit the Mars Company. They do some amazing chocolate for sure. I am totally down for Twix candy bars. They are amazing. Thanks for showing off all the great things Mars does.
    David Elliott recently posted…Halloween 2017 – Ten Great Things To Do Near YouMy Profile

• August 28, 2017 / 12:19 am

Thank you for checking out the post David and I hope you get to visit a Mars plant soon!

8. Dana Rodriguez