Happiness Is… Baby Groot Carved From Wood

Yes, I am absolutely a Marvel’s Fan Girl.

My favorite Marvel’s movies are the Guardians of the Galaxy movies – both of them.

I was infatuated with both Rocket and Groot since the first movie.

Of course, I love baby Groot like crazy.

Baby Groot Image from https://marvel.com/guardians

Baby Groot Image from https://marvel.com/guardians

When the second movie came out – with that EPIC opening, I was overjoyed!

Seriously, if you have not seen it yet, it has the best movie opening of any movie of all time.

My husband and I were lucky enough to get to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 a day before it opened.

This is because my husband works for Mars Chocolate, and Mars has a connection to Marvels.

No, it was not a red carpet situation, but we had a ball.

It sure was special to me.

I decided that I wanted a baby Groot carved from wood.

My husband found the name of a person who does wood carvings and within two weeks, I had my Groot!

Some of you may know I have an affinity for trees as it is – so for me falling for Groot was natural.

Welcome Home Baby Groot

Having my own Groot carved from wood, priceless!

Next, Rocket!

Rocket Raccoon Image from https://marvel.com/guardians

Rocket Raccoon Image from  https://marvel.com/guardians

We adore the heck out of Rocket too.

My husband and I joke about how our pup Lyla reminds us of Rocket, or Rocket reminds us of Lyla, either way.

I know, I have no shame. An adult who simply turns to mush over these characters seems rather silly I know.

I suppose if I had a crush on Starlord it would be more understandable.

However, I know that I am not alone.

Who else out there melts when they hear Baby Groot say

“I am Groot.” ?

Yes, I will buy the movie when it comes out, and play it on a loop.

The two Guardians of the Galaxy movies are my favorites right up there with the Lord of the Rings movies.

While this is not a movie review I do want to state a few reasons why I love the Guardians movies so much.

*** NO SPOILERS ***

The soundtrack simply can not be beaten! If you are a millennial or upward you will truly appreciate the music throughout the movie.

Of course, there is great humor. I am particular when it comes to humor and I just love the type of comedy in the Guardians movies.

The feels – the emotional connections, the riffs, the nuisances are so true to real life. There are family dynamics played out through the movie, some that will surprise you.

I think one of my favorite things about the Guardians movies is the innate sense of innocence. It is truly one of the few films I have seen that makes me believe that we all have an inner child living within us.

There is non-stop action, you will certainly not be bored.

The cinematography is excellent as you can expect in any Marvels movie and I love how colorful the film is throughout.

For me today my happiness is my wood carved baby Groot.

Baby Groot Makes Me Happy

Thank you, Vicki, for your talent, and for creating my baby Groot!

If you live in the Topeka area and want some wood carving done, give me a holler I am happy to send you her way!

What makes you happy?

Please share your joy in the comments below. I love hearing from you.

If you enjoyed this article please subscribe below:

• May 23, 2017 / 1:53 pm

Thank you so much!! I have not yet decided if I can let him “live” outside or not. As of now he is in our entry way – greeting people when they arrive.

• May 23, 2017 / 4:54 pm

Me too Stacie! He was also the best part of the first movie as well I think. Big Groot that is.

1. Marcie W.
    May 23, 2017 / 6:28 pm

I have been hearing so many great things about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Baby Groot is totally the cutest. Glad you are making it a point to savor and share your happiness!

• May 23, 2017 / 9:47 pm

If you haven’t seen the first movie it is a must see first of course but you will LOVE Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 – the opening scene is amazing and it’s great all the way through. Thank you – I love the Happiness Is posts.

2. Claudia Krusch
    May 23, 2017 / 6:38 pm

I love the Guardians movies. Your Baby Groot is so adorable. I would love to have one as well.

• May 24, 2017 / 3:09 am

If you loved the first you will absolutely love the second. Thank you glad you like the wood Baby Groot!

3. May 24, 2017 / 4:30 am

It looks awesome! This is quite a skill you got! At least you don’t need to buy one, right?! I haven’t watched the movie yet, but Baby Groot is soooo cute!
    Zwitsal recently posted…Travel Essentials from Baby CompanyMy Profile

• May 24, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Groot is adorable and I love his character. Oh I can’t claim the skill unfortunately I am not that talented. I did have him made but he was not too expensive 60.00 – not bad!

4. Rebecca Swenor
    May 24, 2017 / 6:14 am

I too love baby Groot and Rocket. They are so cute. The wood carved baby Groot is amazing and Groot does really a great meaning behind him with the trees. We have yet to see the second movie and I can’t wait. Thanks for sharing your wood carved baby Groot.

• May 24, 2017 / 12:23 pm

Rebecca you are going to LOVE the second movie! Be sure you do not miss any of the opening – it is amazing! Yes I love the meaning behind Groot – so much more than just a cute character.

5. Kathy
    May 24, 2017 / 7:37 am

That is so cute! Baby groot is one of my favorite characters in this movie. I can’t wait to see the second one!

6. May 24, 2017 / 8:02 am

Groot is one of my daughter’s favorite movie characters! I am so impressed that you made this yourself, great job!

• May 24, 2017 / 12:22 pm

Thank you so much Jennifer. I can not take the credit for the carving, I am not talented in that way but we found someone to do it. I look at him every day when I need a smile.

7. May 24, 2017 / 11:52 am

Getting someone to carve you a baby Groot out of wood was pretty awesome! I would say that this would make my day as well. I haven’t seen the new Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but I am looking forward to it!

• May 24, 2017 / 12:20 pm

You will love it Dawn! I was surprised how easy it was to find someone to do the carving.

• May 24, 2017 / 12:19 pm

You do Melissa! Have you seen the first one yet? I would suggest you see that first but either way they are both excellent movies!

8. Victoria Heckstall
    May 24, 2017 / 8:50 pm

Baby groot is so cute. I love your idea of wood carved baby groot, awesome! I would love to have this…

• May 25, 2017 / 11:12 am

Thank you Victoria! I love looking at him every morning when I wake up and walk through my hallway.

9. Karlyn Cruz
    May 24, 2017 / 9:50 pm

My kid loves baby groot so much. I am pretty sure that she will excited to the next one.

10. May 25, 2017 / 6:21 am

I cannot wait to see this movie. I loved the first one. I have to admit I did cry a little when Groot sacrificed himself to save his friends. I am looking forward to meeting Baby Groot.

• May 25, 2017 / 11:09 am

ME TOO!!! More than a little probably haha. I am a crier though for sure. Chrishelle, you are going to absolutely LOVE this movie and the opening – it makes up for any tears in the last movie.

• May 27, 2017 / 6:55 pm

It’s alright – you may love the movies though! Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2