20 Things About Me

I love reading About Me articles on other blogger’s blogs – (that sounds weird!), so I thought I would do one of my own.

Nothing here is too deep. If you want to get to know me better you can always check out my About page. There are also multiple articles under the heading Behind The Blogger that are somewhat revealing.

So here we go …

20 Things About Me

20 Things About Me:

1. I Microwave food way too long.
  2. Lord of the Rings movies and the Hobbit play on my television regularly.
  3. I really love frozen pot pies.
  4. I used to own and operate a party planning and event business.
  5. In high school, I was a debate champion and won awards for public speaking.
  6. When eating, I nearly always spill food on my shirt!
  7. Once awake, I have to get right to work. I have panic attacks if I attempt to get more sleep.
  8. Some of my best ideas come to me while I am showering.
  9. I was blonde as a child and into my early 30’s. My hair started turning darker in my late 30’s so went auburn.
  10. Seattle and Oregon are two places in the USA I would love to visit.
  11. I have vertigo and can not deal with heights if I am standing on my feet. I can, however, handle being up high if I am in something.
  12. My middle name is Ann.
  13. I dislike coming across posts about politics on Facebook. I skip them all.
  14. While I love blogging about all the topics on Fashion Beyond Forty, if I had to narrow it down to just one, it would be the Empowerment section.
  15. My favorite scent is Amber. I wear the essential oil or resins straight and love perfumes with Amber in them.
  16. I sometimes fear not being able to keep up with technology.
  17. My favorite social media currently is Instagram.
  18. My favorite area of a grocery store is the produce section, followed by the cheese section at the deli.
  19. My perfect Sunday would be sitting at home with a great bottle of wine, and a cheese board spread, watching documentaries.
  20. If I were not blogging I would probably go back into sales of some kind. I like being independent. Perhaps I would get a real estate license. I like a good challenge!

So there you have it, 20 things about me.

I love getting to know my readers too! Please share in the comments a few things about yourself. You do not have to do a list of 20 things. Just share whatever you feel like sharing! I would love to get to know you.

1. March 3, 2017 / 12:19 pm

I love this, we have 1, 4, 7, 8, 11 and 13 in common 🙂 number 1 drives my husband insane!!! hahaha he always burns himself when I hand him food that has been microwaved for like 8 minutes ahhaha

• March 3, 2017 / 2:31 pm

WOW! We have A LOT in common! You also ran a party planning business? HOW COOL! I think I was too far ahead of my time when I did it haha. I am that way with a lot of things. People think I am crazy then 10 years later everyone is doing it! LOL my husband gets the hot hands too! You would think THEY would learn right? HAHAHA Have a great weekend Julia 🙂

2. March 3, 2017 / 3:21 pm

6, 14, 19. I can totally relate. About me posts always remind me of the fun fact ice breakers I use in training classes.

• March 3, 2017 / 3:40 pm

We have some pretty awesome things in common Aija! I love your name! My best and most long time friend’s mother is named Aija – Latvian name correct? Fun facts make great ice breakers! 🙂

3. March 3, 2017 / 6:56 pm

OMG I had no idea you were a debater! Me too! 😀

• March 3, 2017 / 7:08 pm

You too? I was a MASTER Debater HAHAHAH Another thing we have in common !

4. March 4, 2017 / 8:07 pm

I microwave food for too long too, partially because I like crunchy/burnt things and partially because of my germaphobia haha.

• June 19, 2017 / 9:25 pm

Hi Anne so sorry I missed your comment but yes I like things crispy and crunchy too!!

5. March 4, 2017 / 8:12 pm

That’s a great list of 20 things to know. I’m trying to think what I would put on my list. Certainly I agree with all things political. They annoy me on the net. I do have opinions but it’s just a bunch of people with biases talking past each other. My hair changed color as well. Just not so late in life. As a child I had platinum blonde hair. But it darkened by the time I turned 10.

• March 4, 2017 / 10:29 pm

Right! I agree 100% – its not a lack of interest just do not need to hear everyone bleating about it lol. Ah yes I guess that is fairly normal for white haired kids to go darker. I have no idea what my “natural” color is now lol

6. March 4, 2017 / 8:30 pm

You and me have a lot in common. I totally would get back into sales or get a real estate license – I actually love real estate!

7. March 5, 2017 / 9:13 am

It’s nice to get to know you. I like these type of posts. 🙂 IT gives me an idea how others are living and about their characters. (Ps: I spill food while eating too, my husband calls me miss piggy for that >.<)

• March 5, 2017 / 1:59 pm

Haha too cute! My husband rolls his eyes at me and says “that’s my wife!” as if they are without their quirks lol. Glad you enjoyed the article about me. It was fun to write and even a little challenging!

8. March 5, 2017 / 3:07 pm

I love reading these. I’ve actually been meaning to do one of these because I have hard time sharing personal stuff. Reading this might be the swift kick I need to get this done, thanks!
    shannon recently posted…Slow Cooker GumboMy Profile

• March 5, 2017 / 3:09 pm

haha I am glad I could inspire you to do one. They are fun. It was a little challenging to think of 20 things believe it or not but I enjoyed writing it. I just went through my day and added things as they came up or as I thought of them.

9. March 6, 2017 / 7:26 pm

Great post. My info is I am a huge daredevil, I love to read, I have takin horse back riding lessons, I have a masters degree.

• March 6, 2017 / 7:37 pm

Oh having a Masters is so impressive! Go you!! What is your masters in? I used to ride and train horse wayyy back in the day. I would LOVE to own a horse again! What type of books do you like? I need to make more time for reading.

10. March 8, 2017 / 10:35 am

I also alway spill something while I eat, my hubby says its a struggle, but if it takes him another 21 years he will teach me how to eat. My middle name is also Ann, I love LOTR and politics. I really love politics, I just don’t write about it on my social media as much because I have a couple trolls, but I comment and follow a few of my likeminded friends. My favorite and least favorite blogging topics are travel and fashion, respectively. I never know what to comment on fashion blogs because I have only a basic interest in fashion– I can’t go around naked and make-up– I generally only wear mascara and lip gloss.

• March 8, 2017 / 11:43 am

haha that is too cute. I wish your hubby the best on “teaching” you lol. Sounds like we have a lot in common! I enjoy travel blogs but only because I do not get to travel myself haha so I can live vicariously. Sometimes however they are TOO informative and I get lost in the info I can not relate to. I hope that my fashion articles are a little easier for you to comment on. Most of the time I stick with down to earth fashion for the everyday woman. Sometimes I like to do fashion articles with more flair, as I DO love to dress up. It’s just that most of the time I need to dress practically. Thank you for the great comment!

11. March 10, 2017 / 10:43 am

At first, I was not comfortable having an “about Me” section on my blog but now I am getting used to it 😉

• March 10, 2017 / 12:43 pm

I think people really want to know the writer behind the blog. It’s pretty much a necessity. I am glad you are getting used to it.