This is my Granddog Link and his Pet Profile.

You can see all of our furkids profiles here.

Pets are a major part of our lives.

They are not just pets but they are our family.

Animals are also a big part of Fashion Beyond Forty.

That is why each of our beloved furkids has their own profile.

Pet Profile Link

I think it is obvious that I adore our Link.

Link is my daughter’s pup.

He was born on Christmas and what a gift he is.

My daughter had just moved into her own apartment and was feeling quite lonely without being around animals since she grew up in a home full of pets.

A home is not truly a home if you do not have soft things to cuddle!

So she, and her boyfriend set out to find the perfect pet to make their apartment a home.

Pet Profile: Link My Grand-Dog, The Christmas Dachshund
I am lucky to get frequent snaps of my handsome grand-dog.

My daughter has a couple serious medical conditions.

A therapy dog was not only helpful to her, but she found out that if your pet is a therapy pet you do not have to pay extra rent, nor a deposit for them!

Be sure if you are renting and have a pet, along with any medical condition that you check into that in your city or state!

Let’s get to know him better …

20 Facts About Link:

1. He was the runt of the litter, at least half the size of his siblings.

2. His color is a chocolate based red.

3. Like most pets, he has a ton of nicknames, from Lincoln, Link-a-doodle, Linkster, Sausage, Linky, and Slink.

4. Link is crate trained. Don’t let the face fool you, he loves it in there. He gets to play with and focus only on his toys when he is in the crate. Link feels very safe in his crate and only HE can get in it.

Pet Profile: Link My Grand-Dog, The Christmas Dachshund

5. Link is super cuddly and loves being close to those he loves, but it does take him a bit of time to settle down as he is very high energy.

Keep Reading For More Facts About Link

6. Sometimes honestly I am afraid I will drop him since he is so small and he is very squirmy!

7. Link has a heating pillow that is filled with rice. His mama and papa heat it up for him in the microwave then he will lay with it to keep warm. They call it his “Ricey”.

Pet Profile: Link My Grand-Dog, The Christmas Dachshund

8. Unlike our Lyla, Link loves to play with toys. Unfortunately, toys only last about one day with Link!

Pet Profile: Link My Grand-Dog, The Christmas Dachshund

9. Some of his favorite toys are the squeaky kind.

10. Link is a very social dog and loves to go places and meet new people. This may be partially due to his mama having worked at a dog grooming facility where link often went with her when he was just a tiny thing.

Link Is An Energetic Ball Of Love!

11. He loves to lick, people, things, places. He just has to put his tongue on everything!

12. His ears often get flipped inside out when he is excited! It’s just too cute!

13. Link’s eyes change color from an amber to green color sometimes. You never know what color you will catch his eyes being on any given day!

14. Fashion is something he is into like his Grandma! Link has plenty of handsome sweaters, and jackets to keep him warm.

Pet Profile: Link My Grand-Dog, The Christmas Dachshund

15. Link is a mini dachshund and when he is walked you almost can’t see him, especially if the grass is tall.

16. I would describe his personality as Playful, Cuddly, Sociable, and Curious.

Link Would Love For You To Share His ProfileClick To Tweet

Pet Profile Link

17. Cats are not something he is very experienced with as of yet. When he comes to Grandma’s place our cats hide, I do not believe he has ever noticed them.

18. Sit, and Speak are the two commands he knows well.

19. When Link wants to play he will bring ALL of his toys to his mama’s feet! He is not subtle haha!

20. Link is very loved by his pet parents, as well as all of his grandparents. He is a little spoiled, very well cared for, and cuddled constantly. He serves his mama well in comforting her when she needs him and is a very good pup.

I hope that you enjoyed meeting my Granddog.

If you would like to read more Pet Profiles you can find them all here.

If you enjoy reading about pets you should subscribe to my newsletter!
Pets are a frequently covered topic on Fashion Beyond Forty!

1. November 28, 2017 / 5:14 pm

Link is adorable. I used to work with a girl that had a dachshund and that dog was so spoiled. Hey, if you can’t spoil them, why have them.

• November 29, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Thank you so much Gisele! Hahaha Link is spoiled ROTTEN too but I love him so much. I agree though, gotta give them all the love and toys!

2. February 9, 2018 / 1:22 pm

Link is so cute. I’m happy to see he is crate trained. When we had dachshunds they would do nothing but bark (and mess) in the crate when we were gone. Someday I’ll have dog grandbabies, until then I guess 11 human children will have to do…

3. February 9, 2018 / 2:49 pm

Oh my, Link is soo adorable! It’s so great that they don’t have to pay extra rent for a therapy dog, I had no idea that possibility exists – definitely good to know.

• February 9, 2018 / 11:26 pm

Indeed if anyone you know ever has a therapy dog tell them to check the rules and laws in their area.

4. February 9, 2018 / 3:57 pm

Mr. N’s ears get flipped a lot too. I feel like I spend a lot of time flipping them back! Link looks very cozy in his sweater. Does he like clothes?

• February 9, 2018 / 11:27 pm

Haha I can totally relate! He is “okay” with clothing but he just seems to squirm out of them eventually. He does enjoy the warmth as he is always cold but as he gets older he seems to like them less.

5. February 9, 2018 / 8:53 pm

Love his profile and he is just adorable. That rice pillow sounds amazing, have never heard of that. I love the way you call him your GrandPup as my Mom does the same with Layla when they Skype together

• February 9, 2018 / 11:28 pm

Thank you so much Ruth! Aweee Layla is lucky to have a great GrandMom! Oh yes Ricey is awesome! Can’t really wash them – well if one was more talented than my daughter or I – a zip off cover could easily be made. Ours tend to fall apart around the time they need to be tossed anyway. We just make a new one. I really need to learn to sew on a zipper lol

6. February 10, 2018 / 6:40 am

Ah Link is so cute and so lovely that he is a therapy dog to your daughter. I love the photo of him in his jumper, he’s a dashing dachshund 😍

• February 11, 2018 / 11:15 pm

I love that “dashing dachshund” so cute! Thank you Link is adorbs we love him so much!

7. February 10, 2018 / 11:38 am

I love this. Nice to meet your granddog Link! He is such a cutie pie and based on what you pointed out, he’s the sweetest. Thanks for sharing your candid moments with us.

• February 11, 2018 / 11:16 pm

Thank you he really is a true sweetie. I love how he lays his little face over mine when I am trying to sleep. He loves the warm breath on his face and ears.

8. February 11, 2018 / 7:25 am

Oh my goodness, Link is so cute! I can’t handle that adorable little sweater. We have a bunch of toy destroyers in our house too, so we totally feel your daughter’s pain. LOL

• February 11, 2018 / 11:20 pm

Thank you! Haha yes Link recently chewed the corner of my table because he could not find his main chewable. Luckily I caught him before he destroyed it and gave him his chewy toy.

9. February 11, 2018 / 11:30 am

Awwww, so adorable to have such a lovely granddog. I actually have a couple too; never though of it that way 🙂

10. February 11, 2018 / 2:40 pm

Link is so cute and I love a punny name! I’m glad that he is there for your daughter and gives her the aid she needs.

• February 11, 2018 / 11:22 pm

Haha thank you! He really does and lately he has been here for me in a time of need too.

11. February 12, 2018 / 1:46 am

Link is such a cutie pie! He reminds me so much of my cousin Kimberly’s dog. That fur color is so warm and beautiful. I guess if he is the sort that kills toys all of the time, then he is just going to need more toys! It’s tough being a puppy. 🙂

• February 12, 2018 / 7:34 pm

LOL exactly! He does just need more toys! 🙂
      He deserves them too.

12. February 12, 2018 / 7:44 am

Oh how sweet!! Link is super cute, what a delightful little dog. Thanks for sharing his personality with us Grandma!
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

• February 12, 2018 / 7:34 pm

Thank you so much and thank you for taking the time to read about our Link and commenting! You’re the best Cathy!

13. February 12, 2018 / 7:53 am

OMD – Link is precious! So glad her made your daughter’s apartment feel like home; he was the missing link.
    Those photos are highly amusing – especially, the one with the stuffing everywhere and Link looking so proud lol.

• February 12, 2018 / 7:35 pm

Aweee he WAS the missing Link! LOL yeah he was sure proud of himself. Thank you Sadie XOX

14. February 12, 2018 / 8:29 am

It’s good to know that our family wasn’t the only on with furry grandkids. Link sounds like a typical Dachshund and has so much in common with Dolly. Especially destroying the toys in one day! Thanks for sharing Link with us! Sandra and Dolly

• February 12, 2018 / 7:35 pm

Aweee well if Link has a lot in common with Dolly that is pawsome because Dolly is AMAZING! Give cuddles to Dolly for me please.

15. February 12, 2018 / 10:49 am

Link looks absolutely adorable. Such a sweet face, now wonder he comforts your daughter when she needs it. I love the look with the destroyed toy LOL. Kilo loves getting stuffing out of things too.

• February 12, 2018 / 7:39 pm

LOL isn’t that photo the cutest! Thank you Link is so sweet and since he moved back home with me ( as did my daughter ) he has been a big comfort to me too.

16. February 12, 2018 / 12:32 pm

Link is such a cutie! He reminds me of my parents’ dog, Bandit. Bandit can destroy a toy in a matter of minutes, too.