This is the pet profile of Tibet.

Tibet is our eldest cat, and known to all who adore her as “sloth kitty”.

The reason she is known as sloth kitty is that she allows us to drape her around our necks.

She will sloth into a downward position, with her head hanging below her feet.

She not only allows this way of holding her but prefers it.

When we try to hold her in a normal fashion, she will wiggle around until her body is in perfect sloth position.

Although Tibet is known as our sloth kitty she truly is at her core a dog kitty.

You will find out about the reasons we refer to her as both as you continue reading.

Pet Profile Tibet

Tibet joined our lives fourteen years ago.

She was the baby of a cat who is no longer with us.

Her mama’s name was Other.

She was first called Tid Bit because she was so tiny as a kitten.

Having long outgrown that name she became Tibit because when my kids were little that is how her name sounded when they spoke it.

To me, the most important thing about her is how in tune she is to the needs of the humans around her.

She is known as sloth kitty, but I call her the healer kitty.

When anyone in our home is sick she senses it.

Tibet will lay next to you, or on you, if you let her, directly on the area in which you have pain or a medical issue of any kind.

Tibet is not the most photogenic cat, but she is loving, sweet, and cares about her human family deeply.

I do worry about her, she is getting up there in age, but she is a tough ol’ gal, and I hope she is with us for many more years to come.

20 Facts About Tibet:

1. Tibet’s best friend in the world was Brandi, who passed away in July of 2015.

Brandy and Tibet cuddled constantly, and Tibet was by Brandi’s side as she slipped away from us.

Profile: Tibet, Cat, Dog, or Sloth?
R.I.P. Brandy July 2015
2. She loves sweets!

All of our pets try to get a lick in on salty things, such as chips, which are terrible for them.

Tibet goes crazy every time we have a dessert, cookies, cakes, you name it!

3. Tibet can not meow, but she can hiss, and when she purrs she sounds like a pigeon.

4. Like the sloth that she is, she sleeps all day, and most of the evening, on the sofa, on top of a specific blanket know as “the marshmallow”.

If you move the blanket, Tibet moves to where you relocated it.

We often have to move her marshmallow in order to sit where we want to on our sofa.

5. She loves getting into unusual places, from the shower to the dryer, Tibet is an explorer!

Profile: Tibet, Cat, Dog, or Sloth?

6. She takes on attributes of other pets after they pass.

When our sweet JubJub passed away, Tibet took on one of his very unique traits of waiting outside of the shower to lick our legs dry!

Tibet had never taken any interest in this bizarre behavior until after JubJub was no longer with us.

The day after his passing, Tibet was right there, where JubJub used to wait for whoever was in the shower, to get out so she could take up his leg licking routine.

Brandy used to be the one on the sofa with us all day and or evening, and Tibet, after Brandy’s passing, took over that spot to be with us.

7. Her other favorite place to rest is in the cubby portion of our seven-foot cat tree.

She claimed this space and all the other cats know she gets it when she wants it.

8. Tibet is a great mouser.

We do not have mice, but anytime Tibet finds anything remotely hunt worthy, she captures it and makes this strange sound alerting us to her capture.

She especially loves doing this with hair ties, and rubber bands.

9. Tibet loves doing photo shoots with me.

She does not like to be posed, but in many of my photos that I take inside, Tibet is the one always trying to sneak into the shot!

I have had to edit her out of so many of my pictures, I should just start leaving her in them!

Like I said she is not that photogenic, but then neither am I!

She does love getting into the photos though.

10. Tibet’s claws do not fully retract.

I have been told this is because she is part Siamese.

She does not mean to claw you, but she inevitably will.

11. She loves to go outside and lay on the hard cement patio to roll around and scratch.

She also scratches against our patio furniture.

12. Tibet has the most gorgeous blue eyes.

When caught in just the right lighting the depth of her blue really comes out, as do her markings, which are fading with age.

Isn’t that how it goes for all of us!

Profile: Tibet, Cat, Dog, or Sloth?
13. Like the dog she thinks she is, your food is never safe around her!

If she can’t jump up and sneak stealing something off your plate, or out of your bowl, she will be there, stalking, until you are done to lick up whatever remains!

14. Tibet knows every sound in the kitchen.

She won’t waste her time running in for a treat when treat sounds are not specifically being made.

Our other pets may come running at the slightest movement in the kitchen, but Tibet knows which sounds are meant for her, and which is meant for us.

Granted, that won’t keep her from attempting to get at our food once at the table, but until the food is served, she will continue being lazy wherever she is at.

15. We have recently discovered that Tibet’s all-time favorite food to try stealing from us is string cheese.

She cannot be trusted around that stuff!

16. Tibet loves staring out the window, which I suppose is not such an uncommon trait, but she is specifically looking for squirrels.

Once again, Tibet thinks she is a dog!

Profile: Tibet, Cat, Dog, or Sloth?

17. Tibet gives a fair warning to the other cats, if they get within six inches of her personal space she opens her mouth and lets out an airy hiss.

She loved her brothers JubJub, and Vino, who she grew up with, but she was never fond of the newer arrivals.

Although she does tolerate Nub and has begun to allow him to snuggle up to her.

As long as they are not face to face!

I do not think she realizes their rumps are almost forming a heart.

I think the fact of the matter is, she does love Nub, he is the only male cat in the house now, and king of the pride, whether Tibet likes it or not.

Profile: Tibet, Cat, Dog, or Sloth?

18. Tibet is first in line in the pecking order when it comes to being fed.

Even our dog Lyla knows this!

She is also the one who will steal your food right out from under your nose.

The other cats step aside and allow this so I have to keep my eyes on them while they eat.

19. While she enjoys a good box like any cat, she prefers large paper bags, like those you would bring food home from a restaurant in.

She is particularly fond of those from Olive Garden.

20. And just to once again point out how dog like our Tibet is, she digs into the trash can if left exposed.

I do hope you enjoyed reading about our Tibet.

We love her dearly.

She is the epitome of what a cat is known to be, independent, stubborn, and a pain in the rear.Click To Tweet

Pet Profile Tibet

She is also intuitive, loving, and snuggly.

Cats are pawsome!

I would love to hear about your furkids, cats, dogs, fish, sloths, whatever they may be.

1. February 16, 2018 / 6:03 am

What a great cat/sloth! I love how she was besties with your dog. So sweet! I loved reading all about Tibet and I think she’s adorable. Our sweet cat passed away a few years ago and I won’t lie, I cried for days.

• February 17, 2018 / 12:09 am

Thank you so much Alli! I am so very sorry you lost your sweetie. I still miss all our pets who have passed over the years. They sure leave a paw print in our hearts don’t they!

2. candy
    February 16, 2018 / 6:44 am

We had cat and dog but now they are both gone. We miss them and loved their different personalities. Sloth kitty cracks me up. Our cat was names Search and our dog was Rescue.

• February 17, 2018 / 12:10 am

What cute names! I am so sorry they are both gone now. Our pets sure leave a paw print in our hearts. I miss every one that we have lost over the years too.

3. February 16, 2018 / 7:15 am

This is so interesting! I’m all about cats. We have two of them and yes they can be stubborn and a pain in the rear as well.

• February 17, 2018 / 12:12 am

Haha indeed they sure can Amber. They are such characters and so much fun too.

4. February 16, 2018 / 7:23 am

I loved reading about your cat. My cat, Bustopher passed away 6 years ago. He was “my” cat. He was my constant companion during my breast cancer year. He would put his cheek on my cheek when I rested. Isn’t that the sweetest thing?

• February 17, 2018 / 12:13 am

Aweee so Bustopher was also a healer kitty! I love that name. I am so sorry he is gone. I hope that he and my kitties who have passed are playing together over the rainbow bridge. Bustopher sounds like the sweetest kitty.

5. February 16, 2018 / 11:35 am

Our doggy is getting older now. He’s going on 12 years old. He’s getting a little hard of hearing here as of late but never fails to miss the pouring of fresh water into his water bowl or the rustling of a snack bag.

• February 17, 2018 / 12:15 am

Haha isn’t it funny that they are so human like in that way. My daughter can’t hear me ask for help around the house but you better believe she hears everything I don’t want her to LOL. Hugs to your doggy from me.

6. Pam Wattenbarger
    February 16, 2018 / 1:34 pm

Tibet sounds like a cat with a lot of personality! Love the photo of Tibet in the dryer. My cats always get in weird places too. We always have to check for them when we are doing anything.

• February 17, 2018 / 12:18 am

She sure does have a huge personality. She is obsessed with the dryer. Even if it’s not warm! Give your kitties some love from us. LOL I know they can sure disappear in to the strangest places can’t they!

7. February 16, 2018 / 1:50 pm

I have a dryer pic just like that of my kitty. He’s part sloth too, I think!

• February 17, 2018 / 12:19 am

LOL that is so cool Heather! Tibet does not even care if it is warm inside or not. She is just obsessed. Cheers to sloth kitties!

8. February 16, 2018 / 7:15 pm

That is such a sweet cat and it was wonderful to learn more about her. My daughters would love to get a cat. Maybe one day soon we will surprise them.

9. February 16, 2018 / 7:24 pm

It was so nice learning about Tibet! I actually miss having cats or dogs at home. Our lovely Riley passed away last December. Tibet sounds like a sweetie that you can’t help but fall in love with.

• February 17, 2018 / 12:25 am

Thank you Carol. I am so very sorry about Riley. Truly I know he meant the world to you and was more than just a pet. I have lost many pets over the years and each and ever one has left a paw print on my heart and I think of each of them every day. There is simply no greater love than that of a furbaby.
      Tibet is getting older but still doing well.
      Truly a sweetie. Thank you for reading her profile!

10. February 16, 2018 / 11:25 pm

Awe, what a sweet kitty! My daughter would love that she mimics a sloth, since that’s her favorite animal. We have 3 dogs, one of which swears he’s a cat!

• February 17, 2018 / 12:11 am

Thank you so much Joanna. The sloth is my daughter’s favorite non pet type animal too. Sloths are rather cute and cool. That is so funny that your dog thinks he is a cat. I would love to hear more abou that!

11. February 17, 2018 / 9:29 pm

Thank you for sharing your pets. We don’t have any (yet) but I really hope to get one soon!

• February 17, 2018 / 11:05 pm

I really hope that when you are all ready you get a sweet loving pet too. Animals sure do make life better. Thank you for reading about Tibet!

12. February 18, 2018 / 1:44 am

Aww she sounds like a wonderful pet. We adopted our Boxer, Hank from the shelter almost 2 years ago, and he is the sweetest thing. I can’t imagine life without him, and he’s a leg licker after the shower, too

13. February 18, 2018 / 2:01 pm

I love reading about animals, we have 3 dogs! This remimds me of jax, he thinks hes a lap dog, and enjoys being loved on. He follows the kids around everywhere just to get more loving.

• February 19, 2018 / 5:20 pm

Haha Jax – great name! I love pet names they are the most fun! He sounds like a real lover boy!

14. Our Family World
    February 18, 2018 / 10:08 pm

No doubt your Tibet is photogenic! I love how he strikes a pose. Other cats would be startled and just run away, but not your cat! He is so cute and those eyes are so expressive. I wish we had a cat, but our dog is extremely protective of us. I am afraid introducing a cat would not be a good idea.

• February 19, 2018 / 5:23 pm

Awee thank you so much. Tibet does like the camera.
      One of our dogs LOVES the cats.
      Cuddles up with them.
      The other tolerates them – does not hurt them at all but snarls a warning if they get too close to HER territory.

15. February 19, 2018 / 12:13 am

I love that you do pet profiles on each of your pets! Tibet sounds like my kind of cat, selective of who she likes and laying around on everything. LOL!

16. Silvia
    February 19, 2018 / 9:23 pm

I’ve been thinking about adopting a kitty and I love reading how others interact with them! Tibet sounds like such a fun cat!

• February 20, 2018 / 1:33 pm

Thank you Silvia! I know the perfect kitty for you will find you soon!

17. February 20, 2018 / 9:07 am

Reading this gives a smile on my face. I am more of dogs but I love how you manage them both. Sadly, we can never have them for such a very long time.

• February 20, 2018 / 1:40 pm

Thank you so much Anosa! I am so sorry you have not been able to have any pets for so long. I hope that changes for you!