Happiness Is … Puppies and Football!

Today in the Happiness Is … series – a regular series on Fashion Beyond Forty:

Puppies and Football!

Every year my family eagerly awaits football season. Right now it is preseason but we all full

Right now it is preseason but we all full-on football in our home!

That includes my grand-dog Link!

Link loves football, well truth be told, Link loves any kind of ball.

Happiness Is Puppies and Football

Personally, I find this ball a little cruel.

It’s clearly too large to ever fit his tiny mouth around!

Yet, Link enjoys it so that makes me happy.

Happiness Is Puppies and Football

Us hoomans however, we prefer a different kind of ball.

Link loves to be involved in that as well…

Happiness Is Puppies and Football

Link loves to try to get in on the game.

He does a pretty good job!

Sometimes he even intercepts!

Happiness Is Puppies and Football

He isn’t the best at being a quarterback though.

It’s difficult for him to carry the ball downfield!

Happiness Is Puppies and Football

Perhaps basketball would be a better sport for Link.

He has quite the jump on him!

Happiness Is Puppies and Football

We Are Crazy For Puppies and Football

Happiness Is Puppies and Football

My daughter is already busy snapping pre-season game photos.

Happiness Is Puppies and Football

I am sure you will find us tailgating again this year just as we did last year.

As well as enjoying the game in the stands.

Happiness is Puppies and Football

While I love going to the games my favorite way to watch the game is from home.

With a puppy snoozing on my lap after a day of play.

Happiness is Puppies and Football Link Snoozing

Yes, for me, Happiness Is Puppies and Football.

Combining two of my favorite things is awesome!

It’s even better when I watch my family playing football with their pup.

These are the memories happiness is made of.

I would love to hear from you!

What makes you happy?

Please leave me a comment.

I find happiness is catching! The more we share what makes us happy the happier we can make others!

The more we share what makes us happy the happier we can make others!

Share a happy moment below.

Please Share

1. September 4, 2017 / 2:54 pm

For me, happiness is spending time with my family, enjoying the outdoors, especially hiking. I also feel quite happy drinking a cup of coffee and reading a good book.
    That is an adorable puppy, and I agree, that ball is too big for his poor little mouth!

• September 4, 2017 / 6:49 pm

Oh Jamie we have a lot in common! I love nature, hiking, and next year – Kayaking! Don’t worry Link has plenty of toys that are the right size for him – he just thinks he is a big dog lol

2. September 4, 2017 / 4:12 pm

Who doesn’t love puppies and football?! Thanks for sharing the pics of your little cutie, Link. It’s pretty cute that most of the balls are too big for his mouth. 🙂 I have to agree with you that my favorite way to watch football is from the comfort of my own home (with some snacks)!!

• September 4, 2017 / 6:48 pm

Right!? Haha thank you Jamie. Oh yes always plenty of snacks are needed for football!

3. September 4, 2017 / 4:47 pm

Yes, I could get behind Puppies and Football – and staying home with your little furry pal on your lap snoring away is a good memory for all. Love your fun images of Link and you all at the game 🙂

• September 4, 2017 / 6:47 pm

Thank you so much for stopping by and enjoying the post and for your comment! Indeed cuddling up is the best thing. Going to do more of that here soon!

4. Kimberly @ Berly's Kitchen
    September 4, 2017 / 4:53 pm

You have the cutest little dog! He reminds me of the dog, Zoola, we had before moving. Dogs that size are super fun to play with and have a ton of personality. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures. 🙂

• September 4, 2017 / 6:47 pm

Thank you so very much! Zoola is such a cool name! Thank you for reading my post and commenting today!

5. September 4, 2017 / 5:53 pm

Oh my gosh your little Link is adorable. We have two rescue dogs in our home and they are very spoiled so I understand making your pets part of your family traditions. He looks so happy with his ball, even if it doesn’t fit in his mouth. So funny, but I love it.

• September 4, 2017 / 6:46 pm

Thank you so much and thank you for being a rescuer! Haha yes he has so many toys he loves them all.

6. September 5, 2017 / 4:39 am

Oh my goodness, that puppy is adorable!!! My ‘pup’ is now 13 years old but I vividly remember those days when he was a tiny pup! He’s still pretty peppy for being a senior 😉

• September 5, 2017 / 7:24 pm

Thank you so much! Link is the little guy – and our Lyla is 8 years old with mobility issues. It is nice to have Link around and he does seem to get Lyla more active which is nice. I am glad your pup is still peppy at 13 and I hope he has a long wonderful life!

7. September 6, 2017 / 8:31 pm

I admit – this made me cry. We just lost our one-year old lab. She was hit by a car and didn’t make it. So looking at your pictures had me emotional. Link is so cute (and teensy)! We did adopt two pups, though, so having them to redirect our love to is making us as happy as we can be in this situation.

• September 7, 2017 / 3:14 pm

Tiffany I am SO VERY sorry for your loss. The impact a pet has our on lives and hearts is immense! It is even worse to lose a pet in such a tragic way. I am glad you adopted two pups. It does help ease the pain although I know nothing can replace the love you had for your sweetie. Each pet is so special in their own way.