Golf Fashion Is Fun 5 Tips For Looking and Feeling Great On The Course

I consider myself a novice when it comes to golf. Although a novice I may be, I am frequently on the course.

My husband and I golf about three times a week.

Outside of golfing itself, I enjoy golf fashion.

Golf Fashion Is Fun

Disclosure: An Amazon Affiliate link is used in this article. This article is not sponsored by Dicks nor Golf Galaxy.

While I only need a few outfits for golfing I will admit, buying the latest golf fashion styles can be addicting.

In order to stay within a budget and not get carried away, I look for sales.

So far I have found some great deals at local sporting goods stores.

Dicks and Academy Sports are two places I have shopped.

Golf Fashion Is Fun

You want to keep your eye on sales, especially around holidays.

I snagged this top and skirt in a buy one get one-half off special.

Since the skirt was more expensive than the top I bought two skirts and two tops getting half off on one of each.

To sweeten this deal I purchased from the clearance rack making the grand total very affordable.

This was the beginning to my golf fashion wardrobe.

The detail on the skirt is pretty.

There is an under layer in teal that shows through the dotted lines of the over skirt in royal blue.

Golf Fashion Fun Skirt

The fabric feels nice and is moisture wicking.

I call it a skirt but with golf skirts, they are really skorts.

This is obviously a good thing when it comes to golf fashion since there is a lot of bending in golf to set your tee and recover your ball.

Golf Fashion Is Fun Top

Golf fashion shirts have plenty of give and room in the shoulders and arms to allow a good swing.

They are also moisture wicking and feel breezy for golfing on hot summer days.

Both my skirt/skort and top are by Lady Hagen.

You can browse the Lady Hagen brand online at Dick’s Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy.

Both sites have similar sales and seem to keep up with what the other is doing and are competitive in prices and deals.

Golf Fashion Strut Your Style On The Course!

I have been through two pairs of golf shoes thus far and I have not yet found a pair I love.

My first pair were too narrow at the toe and hurt.

This pair I am wearing in these photos are super comfortable but do not give enough arch support.

I notice my left foot hurting after the second hole from not supporting my arch.

My foot wants to turn inward.

My hunt for the perfect golf shoe is still on.

Having great fitting golf shoes is important.

This is especially true when you walk the course like my husband and I do.

We do not rent a driving cart but rather use push carts for our golf bags.

I will tell you about these in another article in the future.

Golf Fashion Fun Carts

The issue is you really can’t tell how your golf shoes will feel until you have golfed in them a couple of times.

That means no returns!

Golf shoes are not inexpensive, even when they are on sale.

The shoes I am wearing are Sketchers.

I am sure they would be fine for many people.

Shoes are a very personal thing.

We all have different needs when it comes to shoes, especially sports specific shoes.

Golf Fashion Is Fun Course Shot

When on the course it is important to keep in mind these 5 Tips:

Stay Hydrated:

Be sure you have plenty of water with you.

Most all golf bags have a cooler pouch.

Our push carts have cooler pouches as well.

Remember that only water will truly hydrate you fully.

Sports drinks are fine and beer will dehydrate you but water is always best!

Use Sunscreen:

I can not stress how important this is even if you think you have tough skin or do not burn easily.

The sun is aging on your skin!

If you do not like wearing sunscreen on your face or neck check out this awesome product by Dermalogica!

Firming Sun Protection SPF 50 For Face and Neck by Dermalogica

Keep It Classy:

Even if you do not have golf specific clothing you want to be comfortable.

Wearing clothes that will not adversely affect your game is key.

Many golf courses require that your shirt has a collar. A polo is a great place to start your golf fashion collection.

Golf specific tops are moisture wicking and made with room for movement in the shoulders and arms.

If you are not wearing a golf specific top find a polo with a looser fit.

Shorts are fine to wear on the course but stay away from denim or cutoffs.

This is not only due to dress code on courses but also because you want some stretch in your shorts.

Fabrics with movement are important so you can play your best game.

Sunglasses:

Protecting your eyes from the sun’s rays is important too.

It’s not just our skin that needs protection.

I love sunglasses because they are another way we can look stylish when golfing.

I am wearing prescription sunglasses but you can also check out these timelessly stylish sunglasses from Eyelove.

Eyelove has classic styles for both him and her!

They also have excellent reviews on Amazon!

I Love These Sunglasses From Eye Love And You Will Too! Eye Love Cares About Eye Health, Eye Protection, And Your Dry Eyes

One more added way to protect yourself on the golf course from the sun is headwear.

This brings me to the last of the 5 Tips…

A Cute Cap:

You can usually find them at the course in the pro shop.

If not you can find them at any sporting goods store in the golf section.

Yes, it’s just a cap but it is essential to that extra layer of sun protection.

They also help keep your hair out of your face when trying to get that par!

Golf Fashion Fun Cap

A good golf cap can always be found for a fair price.

Shop Amazon for great deals on Titleist caps like mine!

Golf caps are also good for absorbing sweat because even the most stylish of us on the course sweat.

Let’s face it, they are also another way to accessorize our golf fashion look!

Get My Look:

Lady Hagen Women’s New Essentials Golf Polo

Lady Hagen Women’s Calypso Perforated Overlay Golf Skort

Skechers Women’s GOwalk 2 Backswing Golf Shoes

Are you into sports fashion?

What is your favorite sport?

Please leave a comment! I love hearing from my readers.

Don’t miss future articles like this!

Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive 2 FREE gifts when you do!

• July 10, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Thank you – your friend is right – there is a lot of fun fashion for golf out there.

• July 10, 2017 / 5:06 pm

It is fun and it’s okay if you stink at it – most days I do too haha!

1. robin rue
    July 10, 2017 / 3:42 pm

I don’t play golf and was actually a little shocked recently when I found out there was a dress code to play (at least around here). I had no idea.

• July 10, 2017 / 5:05 pm

Yup some courses do have dress codes. Most around our area do not thankfully lol

2. July 10, 2017 / 6:12 pm

You look way too fabulous to be playing golf, laugh. That outfit is amazing. I could definitely see myself wearing something like this for a variety of purposes. I love the color too!
    Jeni recently posted…DynaTrap – Have A Bug-Less Summer!My Profile

3. Claudia Krusch
    July 10, 2017 / 6:36 pm

I have been playing more golf this year. I love this outfit. It would be perfect for a day on the golf course.

• July 10, 2017 / 8:02 pm

Thank you Claudia! It is super comfy. Glad you are playing golf too! It’s a great way to get some exercise without killing ourselves! This heat lately though uggg

4. July 10, 2017 / 7:26 pm

I am so jealous that you get out golfing several times a week. I love your golf outfit! That skirt is so cute! I bet it is very comfortable to play in!!

• July 10, 2017 / 8:01 pm

Thank you so much. Now that it is getting into the high 90’s I am not going AS often because I do not get time in the late afternoon when the sun is not RIGHT overhead. I just can’t handle this heat lately!

• July 10, 2017 / 10:29 pm

Thank you – I wish I had captured it in the photos as cute as it really is in person.

5. July 10, 2017 / 10:10 pm

What a cute outfit! I love it! I actually have never golfed (outside of mini golf of course) but my boyfriend loves it and said he needs to teach me!

• July 10, 2017 / 10:28 pm

Oh you should go with him and try it out! I do love mini golf too though. Plus if you end up loving it there is a great reason for NEW CLOTHES!

• July 11, 2017 / 1:29 am

Yes this style of shirt is much like a bowling shirt! I spent many many years in the bowling alley when I was younger haha I remember them well. Was on a league a couple years too. I need to go bowling again soon!

6. July 11, 2017 / 7:42 am

Golf is one of those sports I haven’t tried. But it looks like it would be fun, and some good sports gear doesn’t hurt. You look great in your golf outfit!
    Marysa recently posted…Greek Chickpea SaladMy Profile

• July 11, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Thank you! Yes I do love golfing – it’s more laid back and a great social activity for sure. Plus – haha as you said – there is fashion to consider which is fun.

7. July 11, 2017 / 10:35 am

It’s been a long time since I last went golfing with my husband and our friends! It’s an awesome sport though, really fun and I always liked the outfits, lol. This is really adorable!
    Carol Cassara recently posted…How to manage the hassles of air travelMy Profile

• July 11, 2017 / 6:00 pm

Thank you so much Carol. Golfing is so much fun and a great social activity. Maybe it’s time for you to give it another go.

8. Kathy
    July 11, 2017 / 10:41 am

I think that’s a great golfing outfit. I don’t really golf though. The only golf I usually do is mini golfing with my family.

• July 11, 2017 / 5:59 pm

Thank you so much Jocelyn! You totally should give it a try! It is challenging but I really enjoy it.

9. July 11, 2017 / 12:11 pm

Your gold outfit really looks great on you. I love the color combination you have a great taste on clothing. I like playing golf as well we are like 5 mins away from the golf course.

• July 11, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Awee thank you SO MUCH Farrah! Lucky lady living so close to the course you are!

10. Jilly Spellman
    July 11, 2017 / 9:30 pm

I don’t play golf, but all these cute outfits and ideas have me wanting to play, I want to take the kiddos mini golfing soon.

• July 11, 2017 / 9:47 pm

Mini golf is so much fun especially for a family. Thank you Jilly I am glad that you love the styles even if you do not play golf.

11. July 12, 2017 / 9:13 am

well that skirt is awesome! You look like a golfing pro in that outfit! I would like to try a round of golf sometime, I’ve been to the driving range and that’s always fun! thanks for the fashion forward golfing gear, love the fun colors!
    Eloise recently posted…What’s Your Intention?My Profile

• July 12, 2017 / 4:26 pm

Well thank you Eloise! Oh if you like the driving range you must give the game a try.

12. July 12, 2017 / 10:29 am

You look cute, I would have a blast buying golf clothes. Shopping sales are always best, especially with athletic apparel. My Mom is into golfing and I’ve gone with her to shop for looks.
    Mimi Green recently posted…I Made It To Wynwood, Miami For The First TimeMy Profile