Calm Your Dog With Therabis: Relief From Storms, Fireworks, Sirens and More

My dog Lyla is terrified of lightening, storms, fireworks, sirens, and anything that makes loud noises.

I have tried everything to soothe her such special jackets, which helped, but only a little.

Then I started to do some deeper research.

My quest to help my Lyla lead me to study up on CBD oil.

Ironically I had also been looking into CBD oil for my daughter who suffers from many ailments.

Then I was given the opportunity to have Lyla try Therabis™!

This post is sponsored by Therabis™ and the BlogPaws® Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help share information about Therabis – Hemp wellness products to help your dog with itching, anxiety and joint mobility. Fashion Beyond Forty only shares information we feel is relevant to our readers. Therabis is not responsible for the content of this article.

Therabis

Therabis™ has three products in their line that can help your dog.

Stop the Itch, Up and Moving, and the product I tried out, Calm and Quiet.

Each of these products is a CBD Oil infused food additive.

These products are food additives in a powder form.

Now it is important to me that we dispel a myth that may surface about CBD Oil.

Your dog will not get high!

Gorge Washington knew that hemp was highly useful ( no pun intended ) and could be used for so many wonderful purposes!

Hemp is a wonderful natural resource!

Therabis has spent the last decade researching, developing and formulating hemp-based remedies that are fast acting and long lasting.

Therabis for your pet

You can trust Therabis to put their hearts into their product!

Besides being researched and developed by lifetime veterinarian Dr. Katz over the past decade, Therabis is currently undergoing clinical validation trials at the University of Pennsylvania College of Veterinary Medicine.

Therabis is an all natural product from an all natural resource. t is true that just

Now, it is true that just because something is natural does not mean it isn’t harmful.

We can all have allergies to nature but unlike with chemical medications if your dog misses a serving of Therabis there will be no symptoms or “withdrawal” episodes. Just get back on the program in the next feeding.

Therabis, however, is not recommended for dogs with diabetes or an allergy to shellfish. Pets with these allergies should not take Therabis. Also, if your dog is pregnant or intended for breeding we would recommend holding off until a later date.

There have been no reported issues with giving your dog an extra serving. Just be more careful next time.

Unlike THC (which comes from marijuana), CBD does not create a psychoactive effect.

You can read all the FAQ’s on their website.

Now that we have some helpful information out there I want to tell you about how my Lyla has been since starting on Therabis Calm and Quiet.

My life would not be complete without pets and my Lyla, sidekick and blog mascot is a major part of my life and my heart!

Our dogs give us so much. When they are not feeling good, upset, scared, or have other issues, our hearts break for them.

We feel so helpless and just want something we can trust to comfort them.

I do not like using chemicals myself, let alone with my pets.

Therabis has come to Lyla’s rescue!

We live in the country so people shoot off fireworks around here often, regardless of a holiday!

Living in Kansas, known as Tornado Alley we have storms constantly all year long.

It works because Therabis is enhanced with L-Theanine to increase alpha wave generation and lower anxiety.

Therabis even helps with separation anxiety.

Since Lyla has been on Therabis once daily in her food, she has been a lot happier!

A treat form of Therabis is also coming soon – in time for 4th of July!  Lyla has sampled it and LOVES it!

No, I have not seen her zone out, or become disinterested, in fact, she is peppier, and more playful!

She also does not totally freak out during storms.

Yes, she still wants a little extra attention, which is perfectly fine with me, but she no longer hides behind the door!

I realize the image below is horrible when it comes to photo quality but it is to show you what she used to do during a storm.

I also realize Lyla looks a mess and needed a grooming when this photo was taken.

Before Therabis Lyla Scared

Poor girl right!?

When your pup does something like this your heart just breaks!

Our pets are like our children and we do not want our babies suffering!

Like I said before I had been researching CBD oil for my daughter’s medical issues. I believe in its ability to help people and pets in so many ways.

I can tell you that from my experience using Therabis with Lyla that it does work!

What Therabis Has Done For Lyla:

From the first day I added the product to her food she was happier, had more energy, and the best part was she was more playful!

Some of you may already know from past articles that Lyla is not the most playful dog.

She is sweet and precious but she has never been one to chase a ball around the yard, even before her older age and joint issues.

After being on Therabis she has more pep in her step, tolerates longer walks, and is far less nervous.

Even on nice days where there are no storms I am noticing a difference in her behavior and doggie personality.

When we go out in the yard now, she is like a little rascal!

She initiates play!

Therabis For Your Dog

She just is happier and I am too.

Experience how hemp can bring relief to your dog and remember there are 3 different formulas depending on what your dog needs.

Please follow Therabis on Facebook and Twitter.

Stay up to date on important articles like this – subscribe below

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Therabis™. The opinions and text are all mine.

Please Share

• June 23, 2017 / 6:00 pm

Please do give it a try Stacie! While Lyla still gets nervous this helps calm her enough so that I can do other things to help her like get her interested in a toy, a treat, or give her a puppy massage. It works really well.

• June 23, 2017 / 5:59 pm

Thank you so much! It does help – she still gets nervous but this gets her relaxed enough so that I can give her a massage or get her interested in something to distract her.

1. June 23, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Poor Lyla! I’m glad that Therabis has seemed to help her, that’s wonderful! Great info and review. I hope she does well on the 4th!

• June 23, 2017 / 5:59 pm

Thank you! I know she will still be anxious but this calms her enough for me to help her with distraction, redirection, and puppy massage.

• June 23, 2017 / 5:58 pm

Exactly Jeni! Thank you for reading my post! Therabis is such a wonderful product for pets.

2. Shayla
    June 23, 2017 / 11:18 pm

We have an old man that’s pretty stressed about fireworks, and I’m hoping these help him out this year! Thanks for the review!

• June 24, 2017 / 2:30 pm

Thank you for checking into Therabis for your guy! Nothing worse than seeing our pets afraid. Let me know how Therabis works for him please.

3. June 24, 2017 / 1:25 am

Instead of going for something like a food or oil, I tend to go for other options first. We like to use a weighted dog coat. It’s similar to a weighted blanket but made for dogs and it worked wonders. Glad you found something that worked for you!

• June 24, 2017 / 2:26 pm

Hi Tatanisha, Lyla does have a weighted jacket and we have also tried other comforting jackets too. The problem is nothing works for more than a week or two, as if she gets used to it or something. The Therabis is the only thing we have tried thus far that works on a day to day basis. Now yes, she does still get anxious but not to the point of me fearing she will have a heart attack. I call that a win. Thank you so much for sharing your tip on the coat wish it had worked for us longer than it did.

4. Rebecca Swenor
    June 24, 2017 / 6:54 am

Therabis sounds amazing for calming dogs. My sister’s dog is so afraid of thunderstorms and a lot of other things that make loud noises this product would be perfect for him. I will have to share this post with her. Thanks for sharing a great review.

• June 24, 2017 / 2:23 pm

Thank you for sharing the info with her Rebecca. Therabis helps so much with Lyla and I hate for any animal to feel afraid or suffer.

5. June 24, 2017 / 7:31 am

Hemp (and CBD specifically) has so many healing properties. It can make such a huge difference in anxiety in both dogs and people too. I’m so glad that Therabis is really helping to calm Lyla’s fears.

• June 24, 2017 / 2:08 pm

Thank you it does help. I am also looking into a CBD oil product for my daughter.

6. Victoria Heckstall
    June 24, 2017 / 8:02 am

This is something that my dogs should have! I will have to check t his out and get some for my dogs!!

• June 24, 2017 / 2:08 pm

So happy to share the info Victoria. Let me know how it works for your pups please.

7. June 24, 2017 / 9:57 am

Aw, Lyla! I’m so glad this product worked wonders for her!

8. June 24, 2017 / 1:40 pm

Therabis sounds like a wonderful product. I have personally found CBD to be incredibly effective and a wonderful, all natural alternative to chemical anxiety relief for my dog.

• June 24, 2017 / 2:07 pm

I am so glad to have learned more about it. I am looking into CBD for my daughter as well!

• June 24, 2017 / 4:16 pm

Thank you so much. She is much better now – and at least I have something to help calm her this coming 4th! I hope your niece gets some for her pup.

9. June 24, 2017 / 4:21 pm

Awe Lyla sounds like a fun little fur baby. Our dog is terrified of thunder storms as well. I would like to check that out, it might help our dogs calm a bit.
    chubskulit recently posted…#Birthday: 44 and Lovin ItMy Profile

• June 26, 2017 / 11:25 am

I love adding the CBD treatment to Lyla’s food every morning because I know no matter what comes – such as an unexpected storm – she is already protected from freaking out!

• June 26, 2017 / 11:26 am

Haha well Jana I have been looking into CBD oil treatments for my daughter and myself as well! I agree we will do anything for our pets! I am so glad that Therabis is safe and trusted because it helps my Lyla so much!

10. June 24, 2017 / 7:39 pm

I could use this for one of my dogs who is so neurotic. She gets scared at the slightest sound. And when fireworks start, lookout! She really needs the relief.

11. June 24, 2017 / 8:10 pm

Happy to learn Lyla is doing well after using this product. Happy quality of life make for a happy dog and happy mum! I have a few friends that may find this product useful for their dogs too. Will share! Thanks for sharing your testimony.

• June 26, 2017 / 11:29 am

Thank you! Thank you also so much for sharing with the dog moms you know! I appreciate that !!

12. June 24, 2017 / 9:53 pm

That is awesome that you foumd something to help your furbaby. I bet this supplement would be great for pets with arthritis too.

My dog has allergies so I don’t think this is an option. He is fairly chill expect when it comes to barking at strangers. 🙂
    uprunforlife recently posted…Top 10 Best Home Remedies to Ease Arthritis SymptomsMy Profile

• June 26, 2017 / 11:28 am

It would be worth checking with your vet if the ingredients are safe for your pup. Therabis has a hip and joint supplement that would help a lot!
      Lyla could benefit from all three of their formulas but I selected the one I felt most important for her especially with the 4th of July coming soon.
      Haha yes I think barking at strangers is a positive though – Lyla does that too and I figure it’s just one of those life’s joys for dogs to get to bark. 🙂

• June 26, 2017 / 11:30 am

Thank you so much I am so relieved too! Lyla is much happier with Therabis in her life.

13. June 25, 2017 / 4:03 pm

Layla with her age is becoming afraid of everything and what I have found that helps is keeping a bed in the shower as that is where she goes to lie down, I also on stormy nights put a snug t-shirt on her which calms her. I found by just doing that it works wonders. Thanks for the great article as yes it is so sad to see how babies suffering

• June 26, 2017 / 11:33 am

It is sad. I am so glad Therabis has helped Lyla so much. I love that you have a bed in the shower for Layla! I know my Lyla would like that as she seems to want to go into the bathroom when scared but with her leg, hip, and knee issues she could not get in and out herself. The only way I could do that is if I sat there with her the whole time. Not that I wouldn’t if there were a storm of course. Therabis really has helped relax her though.

14. June 25, 2017 / 8:11 pm

That is awesome that it is helping Lyla’s fear of thunderstorms. My dogs aren’t afraid of loud noises, but I am considering trying the Stop The Itch for my little allergic dog.

• June 26, 2017 / 11:34 am

Thank you! I am glad yours are not afraid of loud noises! Especially with the 4th coming! I think Lyla also FEELS the storms as much as she is afraid of the noises. Let me know how Stop the Itch works for your pup with allergies please.

15. June 25, 2017 / 8:42 pm

Poor Lyla. I’m happy to hear the Therabis appears to be helping. I definitely need to get some of this for my mom’s dog. He has a fit during thunderstorms (which we have a lot in the South) and his anxiety is getting worse as he gets older.

• June 26, 2017 / 11:34 am

Awee I am so sorry to hear your mom’s pup deals with this too. Thank you for letting her know about Therabis!

16. June 25, 2017 / 8:43 pm

Kilo has a few anxieties so I am keen to try CBD therapies like Therabis. I want to try for me for arthritis too.

• June 26, 2017 / 11:35 am

Oh me too – I have been looking into CBD oil treatments for myself and my daughter as well. Let me know if you find something you love for humans. Glad to have found Therabis for our pups!

17. June 26, 2017 / 12:22 am

It’s awesome that your pets are seeing some relief for their anxiety! Anxiety is so paralyzing. I can only imagine what fireworks must sound like to our pets (who hear better than we do). Fireworks can give me a headache! I can’t blame you for not wanting to use chemicals with your pets. There are so many chemicals out there that it is easy to overburden our pets without intending to do it.

• June 26, 2017 / 11:37 am

Exactly Robin – I mean I am all for “modern medicine” but I prefer trying the very herbs, oils, and natural treatments most modern medicine comes from in the first place! Natural without the added chemicals!
      You are right! Fireworks can scare the heck out of ME and our dogs do hear so much more than we do!
      We our in the country so we can get those random books that sound like a bomb anytime out of no where. I have jumped out of my own skin a few times!

• June 26, 2017 / 11:17 am

Happy to share the info. Yeah we usually dread it too – it’s just too much for Lyla. I know Therabis is going to help take the edge off so that we can use other comforting techniques. Before there was absolutely nothing we could do but be with her. Let me know how it works for Dolly.

• June 26, 2017 / 2:36 pm

Aweee poor Mr. N! Let me know how it works for him. Lyla is happier these days after starting on it. I just took photos of her rolling around in the grass outside! She has never done that before!

18. June 26, 2017 / 3:19 pm

I’m glad the Therabis is helping! Thanks for helping educate pet owners about CBD products. No, they won’t get your dog high, but they will help your dog feel better and not be as anxious!
    Karen recently posted…The Cat Brain: What Do They Remember?My Profile

19. June 26, 2017 / 7:35 pm

I’ve been hearing so much about the health benefits of cannabis products lately! I’m glad to know that so much research is being done and that an all-natural solution like this has been found for so many issues. Therabis sounds like a great product for animals that suffer from anxiety. Thanks for sharing
    Kitty Cat Chronicles recently posted…Happy Anniversary to Sampson & Astrid!My Profile

• June 26, 2017 / 7:55 pm

I agree fully! I am also looking into CBD oil treatments for myself and my daughter and am even more excited about it after seeing how well it works for Lyla.

• June 28, 2017 / 10:08 pm

I know and it is so very sad! I know I will be keeping my eyes open for pets the days after for sure.

20. July 12, 2017 / 4:47 am

Wow! It is good to know that Therabis works with dogs with separation anxiety. I’ve read that Maltese dogs usually have separation anxiety, that’s why our little dog is always sad and down every time we leave the house for work. I think this is worth trying. Thank you for sharing this one good news! 🙂

• July 12, 2017 / 4:28 pm

Aweee bless his heart! Please come back and let me know how it works for your dogs! It sure works for our Lyla. We swear by it!