My Rider: If I Were A Superstar

According to Wikipedia, a “rider” is:

In theater (and musical performance), a rider is a set of requests or demands that a performer sets as criteria for performance. Types of riders include hospitality and technical.

After stumbling upon another article about crazy celebrity requests in their riders I decided it would be fun to create one of my own.

My Rider If I Were a famous celeb

Building my own rider took some thought.

It was also a lot of fun!

At first, I was being very practical, trying to keep the list somewhat short.

Then I decided to go all out because it is for fun, and why not go crazy with it!?

So here are the items I would have on my rider – IF I were a famous celeb on tour …

Drinks:

Bottled water

High-quality coffee from a local roaster whole bean with grinder

Estancia Merlot

Martinelli’s Apple Juice in the 10 fluid ounce glass jars

Pure Leaf Green Tea Unsweetened

Real mugs and glassware as I do not like drinking out of plastic cups

Food:

Golden cherry tomatoes

Croissants

Brazil nuts

Cubed assorted cheese one has to be smoked

Assorted berries

Nectarines

Snacks:

Chocolate covered salted pretzels

Junior mints

Honey buns

Health and Wellness:

Magnesium

Multivitamins

Moisturizer and skin care products

Hand sanitizer

A small warm blanket to wrap up in

Slippers

Altoids

Miscellaneous Demands:

A recycling bin – all recyclables must be taken care of properly!

My room should have plenty of live plants and greenery

Now I am no musical superstar but I can carry a tune.

If I were to be a professional singer, I would want to be an R&B singer!

One of my favorite up-and-coming musical artists is JNote.

My Rider If I Were JNote

This lady is an amazing artist who produces beautiful tunes that I can really relate to.

She is very eclectic, something I love because I want to listen to music that goes with my current mood.

Her musical repertoire includes R&B, jazz, funk, soul, and gospel.

I asked Stephanie aka JNote what would the top 3 items on her rider would be.

Stephanie told me the following:

1. Something I am realizing now. A safety kit. I fell and hurt myself and had no aspirin or vaseline, alcohol to salvage my wound. Really important to have one. Not sure what happened to mine bc I thought I packed it but, very important to have.

2. Nail polish and polish remover because you will want to change and reapply after your old coat starts chipping and looking ugly. I guess you might carry this anyway in your makeup kit. Always good to carry some makeup. The stages, and spotlights and photos. Nice to have your face glowing pretty with just a little application of enhancement.

3. Good, moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, bath soap or shower gel, and lotion because air pressure leaves you very dry and the better the ingredients like aloe, shea butter, maybe olive oil, the better hydrated you will be able to keep your skin. Maybe even miniature bottles of water. Even more for me because I drink tons of coffee in transit for like literally 18 hours of a day. Good to stay hydrated.

I loved hearing her advice on what to include in a rider.

The fact is I would never have thought about a safety kit! It makes so much sense. We can not assume that stars are provided with the necessities and my thoughts instantly went toward less practical things!

Stephanie Jeannot’s “Finally JNote” is available on CDBaby.

Get your copy today!My Rider if I were a music star like Jnote

Facebook
Youtube
Twitter

I truly hope you will check this wonderful artist out.

She is also a very caring, sweet, and genuine person.

I am dying to know something though …

If YOU were a superstar what would be on your rider?

Please leave me a comment and let me know.

Don’t miss more articles like this sign up for the newsletter today, please.

Please Share

1. June 5, 2017 / 10:38 am

What an interesting thought, I have to admit I have no idea what I would have on my rider if I was famous. But I’m certainly going to be thinking about it now.
    Sarah Bailey recently posted…I am a BorderlinerMy Profile

• June 5, 2017 / 10:39 am

Glad you checked it out Sarah! I had to think about it quite a bit too and had fun doing it.

• June 5, 2017 / 12:46 pm

Haha indeed! You know the only reason I did not include that is my hubby is always bringing M&M’s home from work. Not bragging or anything. LOL

2. Dana Rodriguez
    June 5, 2017 / 1:59 pm

I never thought about it but great post. I guess dark chocolate and lot’s of it would start mine off.

3. June 5, 2017 / 2:19 pm

I love Croissants too Miss Fashionista and thank you for using me in this. Very cool post.

• June 5, 2017 / 3:03 pm

You make it even cooler! Thank you for allowing me to use you are live content. haha

4. June 5, 2017 / 3:55 pm

What a fun list! Coffee, movies, and bacon! Those are the things that I could not live without and would have to have with me everywhere I went.

5. Jennifer Van Huss
    June 5, 2017 / 4:25 pm

I had no clue what a Rider was before this post!! It is so much fun thinking about this and how I would do it!! What a fun post!

• June 5, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Isn’t it fun to just imagine! I did not know what a rider was either until recently.

6. Jennifer G
    June 5, 2017 / 6:49 pm

I swear you covered all the snacks that I would have on my rider as well! I mean, chocolate covered pretzels are BOSS. Sometimes I think it would be really neat to be able to ask for specific things and actually get them! Love this list.

• June 5, 2017 / 8:18 pm

How cool is that Jennifer!? I love it! Thank you I am so happy you enjoyed this article.

7. June 5, 2017 / 7:55 pm

I’ve never been able to carry a tune or memorize lyrics very well. I wish had been more interested in music class and choir in my younger years now that I’m an adult.

• June 5, 2017 / 8:18 pm

Awee well if you want to get better you can still take lessons as an adult. It may be fun!

8. June 5, 2017 / 7:58 pm

I have not thought about what I would want in my rider. Yours has some healthier options as far as food goes. Good for you! I guess I would want water and salad on mine to start with. I would have to think about it after that.

• June 5, 2017 / 8:17 pm

Salad and water are two great choices! Thank you for reading and commenting.

• June 5, 2017 / 11:17 pm

That is a darn good thing to include! Thanks for playing my game with me haha.

9. June 6, 2017 / 1:42 am

I have seen some crazy riders leaked online and I think some of these celebs just have too much time on their hands to make such odd requests. All that being said I would definitely have lots of water and fried chicken on my rider. HA!
    ricci recently posted…Summer Skincare Essentials ft IT CosmeticsMy Profile

• June 6, 2017 / 10:20 am

Haha! Nice! That sounds like a fun request! Yeah some of the requests are rather silly indeed!

• June 6, 2017 / 10:19 am

That is not too fussy at all Lian. You would be a dream performer for most venues!

10. June 6, 2017 / 7:51 am

I’m a type of person loves to explore and listen to different music .. different generation type of music. I am not familiar to the singer but I am so interested to know her more. I’m sure her album is available in youtube right?

• June 6, 2017 / 10:19 am

Farah – She does have a youtube and her album is also linked toward the bottom of the article as well. I too love discovering new talent and different types of music. Enjoy!

11. June 6, 2017 / 9:16 am

If I had a rider, it would be filled with things like Taco Bell, Energy drinks, Coffee and a fluffy, overstuffed chair to nap in!
    Echo recently posted…Why We Love The Fitbit Charge 2!My Profile

• June 6, 2017 / 10:18 am

Haha! That sounds pretty good to me! I know you could not do without the coffee!

12. Kathy
    June 6, 2017 / 10:08 am

I honestly don’t think I’d ever want to be famous. There is just to much that I wouldn’t like about it. I’m completely happy how things turned out for my family and I now.

13. June 6, 2017 / 1:53 pm

ha that would be fun to create a Rider… I might do this on some spare time! I used to sing in a gospel choir and I loved it and I miss it tons! My friends were all mad at me when I stopped singing, but Life was too demanding and I had a huge health scare. So when the time is right I might get back into signing. I love R&B music!
    great list you came up with : )
    Eloise recently posted…Shhh! Your Body Is Trying To Tell You Something…My Profile

• June 6, 2017 / 1:56 pm

You and your health must come first! I am glad you took a break. You will know when it is time to get back in there! I am sure you do miss it though. Thank you for reading and commenting Eloise!

14. June 6, 2017 / 2:56 pm

I never knew that there was a particular word for it! My special requests would be bottled Eternal spring water, watermelon slices, bottles of sparkling green matcha tea by Motto, and a beautifully scented Voluspa candle.

• June 6, 2017 / 11:37 pm

I have to find this sparkling matcha by Motto! I have SO MUCH matcha in my home but never had have it sparkling! Thanks for the tip on that! I am also going to look up the Voluspa candles. The others sound wonderful too. LOVE your choices!

• June 6, 2017 / 11:36 pm

Isn’t she wonderful. Thank you Alicia for mentioning her. She does have a fun sense of style and she just makes me smile every time I see her face on social media.

15. June 6, 2017 / 9:29 pm

My rider would include books, chocolate, and wine. And fresh fruit.

16. Karlyn Cruz
    June 7, 2017 / 1:58 am

I’ve never been thinking about that I would be a famous but if I would be, I would love to include dark chocolate in my rider.

• June 7, 2017 / 4:22 pm

Can’t miss with Dark Chocolate! Healthy too so you can have all that you want!

17. Victoria Heckstall
    June 7, 2017 / 2:06 am

my rider are chocolate, books, strawberries in my rider! I totally love her, I’ve heard a lot of things about her.

18. June 7, 2017 / 3:08 am

Those are already awesome choices when you’re going on tour. I think Stephanie has a point about the safety kit. It’s really important that you have that even when you’re already very famous.
    Carol Cassara recently posted…Kindness grenadeMy Profile

• June 7, 2017 / 4:21 pm

Absolutely Stephanie made an excellent point! You just never know if where you are at is going to have one!

• June 8, 2017 / 11:12 am

Thank you so much Bethany! Feel free to use the idea and do one of your own. It’s fun!

19. June 8, 2017 / 6:34 am

Hmm, now you got me into thinking what I want on my Rider. Well, lots of good food!. I love food so for as long as there are delish food all the time, then I’m fine. LOL.
    Lynndee recently posted…A Walk in the Botanical Gardens of AshevilleMy Profile