Wordless Wednesday Kansas

So I hear that Kansas is a banned hashtag on Instagram. Go figure!

The only explanation for this provided by Instagram (found on the interwebz) was this:

“Recent posts from #kansas are currently hidden because the community has reported some content that may not meet Instagram’s community guidelines,”

So for today, my Wordless ( not so ) Wednesday, will be photos I have taken here in my good ol’ home state of Kansas.

Enjoy:

Kansas Sky

Ahhh, look at those clouds! Beautiful!

Pods In Autumn

One thing I love about Kansas, we have all four seasons!

Kansas Morning Fog

Morning Fog. Beautiful or gloomy, your call.

Kansas Train

I have always loved trains. I grew up to the sounds of them lulling me to sleep.

Kansas Trees

We have some of the most beautiful tree species.

Kansas Airbase

We live close to an airbase. Sometimes I am able to get a cool photo of a plane in flight.

Kansas Stormy Country Sky

There is nothing more breathtaking than the view of a country road covered by a stormy sky!

Kansas Amazing Painted Sky

Okay, maybe one thing more amazing, the colors of the Kansas Sunset! Just WOW!

Have you ever been here? Maybe just drove through? Do you think you would ever like to visit?

• April 26, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Right!? I promise it is only slightly edited to make it a little lighter since it was sort of dark outside at the time but all the colors are the real deal. Taken on a simple cell phone too. One of my all time favorite pics.

• April 26, 2017 / 8:22 pm

Right? I would just be happy to visit a few more places here in the states. Oregon and Seattle being two I would love to check out!

• May 3, 2017 / 12:32 pm

I’ve always wanted to see the rest of the USA first. Many states are bigger than some other countries, and the scenery is different in each region.

• May 3, 2017 / 10:43 pm

Yeah it makes travel in the USA harder because it is so far to go to get from one place to another.

1. April 26, 2017 / 1:21 pm

You take incredible photos, I love them all! My brother and sister in law met in Kansas (fun fact…lol) I’ve been there a few times in my life and it seems to be a friendly great state to visit… I hope they change things back to normal on Instagram for your sake!
    Eloise recently posted…Compromise (The Ultimate Way To Get Along With Someone!)My Profile

• April 26, 2017 / 8:21 pm

Thank you I hope so too Eloise. That is so cool your brother and sis in law met here! It is a friendly place for the most part indeed. Thank you for the compliments on the photos. All taken on the cell phone. I do want a real camera though some day lol

• April 26, 2017 / 8:20 pm

TRUE! Although the weather here has been so strange the past few years. Less cold and more warm although more storms too!

2. April 26, 2017 / 2:39 pm

What some absolutely beautiful photos, i still can take her my head around some of the banned hashtags.

• April 26, 2017 / 8:19 pm

Right? Crazy isn’t it! LOL Thank you for the compliments on the photos!

3. Marcie Wahrer
    April 26, 2017 / 4:44 pm

So many gorgeous shots of your state! The purples and pinks in that sunset totally have me swooning!

• April 26, 2017 / 8:19 pm

That is only edited a little too – not for color but I lightened it up a bit since it was dark outside. All the real deal though. It was one of the prettiest skies I have seen in a long time, Anywhere!

• April 26, 2017 / 8:18 pm

LOL most people do think of it like that. I think that is true about Ohio and Kansas!

4. Claudia Krusch
    April 26, 2017 / 6:50 pm

These are fantastic photos. I love the first one of the clouds. I need to get some photos of my home town.

• April 26, 2017 / 8:10 pm

Thank you so much! Would love to see pics of your hometown too Claudia!

• April 26, 2017 / 8:08 pm

Haha your daughter has a great question! It seems so unfair and I would love to know the real reason why it got banned!

• April 26, 2017 / 8:07 pm

Thank you! Actually I am in Kansas which is about an hour or so from Kansas City but we are like sister cities.

5. April 26, 2017 / 9:10 pm

I have never been to Kansas but I wish someday I can travel there. Such beautiful and breathtaking photos. Love them all.
    MARS recently posted…Mt. Gulugod Baboy DayhikeMy Profile

• April 26, 2017 / 11:05 pm

Thank you Amanda! Yeah Instagram is ruled by the rich and famous but we can have our little corner of it LOL

6. Karlyn Cruz
    April 26, 2017 / 9:15 pm

All photos are great and awesome! I like the shots of every each. That’s really wonderful!

7. April 26, 2017 / 9:51 pm

I was so distressed by that Instagram banned hashtag list. What in the heck is up with some of them, especially Kansas? I love these images and thanks for speaking out on this, too.
    Carol Bryant recently posted…How to Get Your Dog to Drink More WaterMy Profile

• April 26, 2017 / 11:04 pm

I know right?! It is just crazy! Easter!! Really!? LOL I have no idea why Kansas seriously.

8. victoria heckstall
    April 27, 2017 / 6:06 am

The photos are really great shot! I love the idea of how you enjoy that place.

9. Dana Rodriguez
    April 27, 2017 / 6:24 am

I have never been to Kansas but those photos are gorgeous. We have two seasons here… Pleasant and Disgustingly Hot..The latter takes up most of the year. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!

• April 27, 2017 / 11:08 pm

LOL Dana you need to come visit us in Kansas! Thank you for checking out my pics and leaving me a comment!

10. Rebecca Swenor
    April 27, 2017 / 7:24 am

I have been to Kansas once in my life when I was 12 yrs old we went to visit relatives there. These photos are amazing the first one with the cloud is indeed intriguing. The clouds look like they are coming down on you but the sunset is just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing these amazing photos.

• April 27, 2017 / 11:08 pm

Thank YOU Rebecca for checking them out and commenting! I bet Kansas was not too exciting for a 12 year old lol but the skys here are beautiful.

• April 27, 2017 / 11:07 pm

It is truly amazing here. We have some of the prettiest sunsets! Thank you so much for checking it out and commenting.

11. Kathy
    April 27, 2017 / 1:10 pm

Those are some gorgeous photos! I love them all. That is crazy that Kansas is banned for hashtags. How crazy!

12. April 27, 2017 / 3:38 pm

Beautiful pictures, I recently looked at the list of banned hashtags. I just didn’t get it, #adulting is one that is banned as well.

• April 27, 2017 / 11:00 pm

LOL I think that one was banned due to it being used the wrong way – for “MATURE” purposes if you get my drift. Not that I think that is necessarily mature stuff – never mind totally another topic LOL!! Anyway yes even the word Easter was banned! WHAT? Just too crazy. Thank you for the compliments on the photos. That made me smile.

• April 28, 2017 / 1:07 pm

No idea lol they say it is a soft ban though meaning it is temporary. I hope so! Thank you for the compliment on the photos!

13. May 3, 2017 / 12:36 pm

Alas, I’ve only driven through Kansas. We did stop to see the Eisenhower Presidential Library, but that’s all we had time for. I never knew the sky was so beautiful there. I guess Wyoming isn’t the only state with a big sky. I hope I get back to see more of your state.
    Barbara Radisavljevic recently posted…The Salinas River in Paso Robles: Now You See ItMy Profile

• May 3, 2017 / 10:43 pm

I have never visited that myself! I should make a road trip of it! Oh yes we have gorgeous sunsets here.