Lyla’s Final Thoughts On American Journey Dog Food – An Interview

If you have not been following our experience with American Journey dog food by Chewy.com you may want to check out the first and second articles.

There you will find a lot more information about the ingredients of this dog food, and the brand.

Our American Journey Experience Final Thoughts

DISCLOSURE: AS PART OF THE CHEWY.COM BLOGGER PROGRAM, AND A CHEWY INFLUENCER, I RECEIVED FREE PRODUCT AND OR PAYMENT TO FACILITATE THIS ARTICLE. I AM HIGHLY SELECTIVE ON PRODUCTS FOR MY PETS AND I WOULD ONLY SHOWCASE ITEMS I TRUST, FROM BRANDS I TRUST.

This is an interview between myself and my dog Lyla. In this interview, we find out what Lyla truly thinks after eating American Journey dog food from Chewy.com for a full month.

Mom: Lyla what is your favorite thing about American Journey dog food?

Lyla: The flavor! I do not mean to be rude, but I can not help but stick my nose as far into the bowl as possible. I want to get every last morsel!

Mom: We will have to try their other flavors soon then! So for the next question …do you feel you have more energy since starting on American Journey?

Lyla's Final Thoughts On American Journey Dog Food An Interview

Lyla: Yes I sure do! Since I started eating American Journey I have more energy and can play longer!

Mom: I have noticed you have far more energy since starting on American Journey too! It sure makes me happy to see you so full of life! Now … I am sorry to get personal. I do not mean to embarrass you, but have you had better bowel movements since eating an American Journey diet?

Lyla: It’s okay mom, you know I do not embarrass easily. Yes, in fact, it is a lot easier on me to “go” since American Journey came into my life. I do not have to strain as much, and you know I have a hard time hunching because of my bad legs.

Mom: That is good to hear Lyla. I too have noticed you take far less time to “go”. Another thing I have noticed is that your breath is much fresher! Again, I am sorry to get so personal, but dog owners want to know, as do other dogs!

Lyla: I have to admit, my mouth feels fresher and tastes better since eating American Journey. My previous food left a permanent nasty flavor in my mouth. I know it was not a bad food and was good for me, but I want food that is healthy and tastes good!

Mom: I absolutely understand Lala, we all want that. We all want our pups to have fresh breath too. I have also noticed that you are no longer itching, and your fur has grown in much thicker and fuller!

Lyla: Yes! You noticed! I am not itching nearly as much as I once was. Actually, I barely itch at all anymore and I am thinking the longer I eat American Journey the itching may go away completely! I do still enjoy being scratched though so please do not stop doing that!

Mom: I promise Lyla I will never stop giving your scratches and belly rubs! What about your coat, though?

Lyla: Oh yes yes I get distracted easily. My coat does feel thicker, and fuller. Did you notice how fast it grew since you started feeding American Journey to me? Even my bald spot has filled in! I also believe it has a new shine to it! I am feeling quite attractive lately!

Mom: You are a beautiful pup Lyla. You have always been, and always will be a beauty. Your coat is looking absolutely stunning! I wish I could get my hair to shine as much as your coat is! As fast as it is growing we will have to keep you shaved more often so you do not overheat in the summer.

Lyla: Yes I do get very hot with all this fine fur!

Mom: I know Lyla, and I am so glad to see it growing back. Before American Journey, it seemed your coat would not grow. Remember how we shaved all your fur off last Spring to keep you from overheating last Summer? It never grew back fully! Then when we started you on American Journey, all of a sudden your fur started coming right back in! Fluffier than ever!

Lyla: Oh yes, please do not remind me of that bad experience! I do not know why my fur refused to grow but I was worried I would never have my pretty coat back again! Yes, I would rather have my fur shaved down in the Summer but I do like knowing that I can have a full coat in the Winter.

Mom: Well thanks to American Journey we never have to worry about that again Lyla. Is there anything else you would like dog parents or pups to know about American Journey dog food?

Lyla: It tastes pawsome, it does not have any of that bad stuff in it like corn, or grains. It has real de-boned meat and makes you feel like a young pup again! Since eating American Journey I feel sassy, and look fabulous! I also have more energy to keep up with my humans on longer walks. That makes us all really happy.

Mom: That makes me so happy to hear Lyla. You know I love you with all my heart and want you to feel great, but I also want you to enjoy the flavor of your food. Thank you for allowing us this insider look at what a real dog thinks about American Journey dog food.

Lyla: It was fun, thanks, mom.

And there you have it humans! A first person, or first dog experience with American Journey dog food. I could not have said it better myself.

Lyla recommends American Journey dog food by chewy.com

Lyla approves of American Journey, and I do too!

I also love that it is made right here in Kansas!

Be sure to check out the first and second articles on American Journey and visit Chewy.com to grab a bag or two for your pup!

Did you love this article? Lyla loves comments! Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.

• March 30, 2017 / 5:53 pm

I sure would Stacie. Lyla seems to just be happier since starting on it – outside of all the health benefits she has received.

• March 30, 2017 / 5:53 pm

My daughter has a doxie Kathy! They are fantastic dogs! Give American Journey a try. I really love how Lyla’s fur has thickened and her skin is not nearly as dry. She just seems to be happier since eating it.

1. my teen guide
    March 31, 2017 / 1:51 am

A great interview! Its interesting! Maybe I will try this kind of dog food.

• March 31, 2017 / 2:55 pm

Thank you! I thought it was fun “interviewing” Lyla for sure. I would give it a try honestly we really do love it. So many positive changes since Lyla has been on it.

2. March 31, 2017 / 7:22 am

This was such a cute and fun way to perform a review! The interview is adorable. I wonder if this dog food is available in Canada because it sounds really great.

• March 31, 2017 / 2:05 pm

Unfortunately as of right now Chewy.com is not shipping to Canada but I spoke with an online customer service rep just now and asked and she said they hope to be able to in the future. Right now it is just not possible. I also asked if American Journey is sold anywhere in Canada and she said as of now it is not. I have my fingers crossed it will be though. It is a brand new line so it may be awhile. Sorry about that. I appreciate your compliments! I am glad it was a fun read.

3. March 31, 2017 / 8:52 am

Wow, this is amazing! We’re so glad to hear how well you’ve done on American Journey, Lyla. We appreciate you taking the time to review this food for a whole 30 days, thank you!

• March 31, 2017 / 2:00 pm

A big thank you to Chewy.com from Lyla and myself. We just can’t say enough good things about your new American Journey dog food! Not only does she think it tastes amazing, but she feels better too. Thank you Chewy for letting her try it out!

• March 31, 2017 / 1:59 pm

She really isn’t anymore. She is still messing with one hot spot on her foot some, but again, not nearly as often at all. I am truly and absolutely impressed with American Journey.

4. Tami Qualls
    March 31, 2017 / 9:52 am

I would like to try this brand for my dog. She needs something different than what she is currently eating.

• March 31, 2017 / 1:58 pm

I can not say enough good things about it. Truly. I am so happy to have put Lyla on it. My mother just ordered some for her dogs too!

5. March 31, 2017 / 10:01 am

Oh my gosh, LYLA is absolutely adorable. This is something I’m going to consider buying for Peanut. I don’t know why but he refuses to eat his dog food now. I don’t guess dogs tastebuds change like ours do but I’ve been buying new brands to try to replace it.
    Terri Beavers recently posted…Luvs $2 print-at-home coupon #sharetheluv #sponMy Profile

• March 31, 2017 / 1:57 pm

I wonder this myself Terri. I mean we do not want the same foods all of the time maybe dogs taste DO change. I wish we could talk to them and find out! All I know is Lyla LOVES this food and there are other flavors. I can tell she is much happier with this. When I smelled her past food, and this, I could tell that American Journey was better. You can smell what is edible even if it still has a dog food aroma. American Journey didn’t have that chemical or process odor. Hard to explain lol

6. March 31, 2017 / 11:57 am

We haven’t tried this brand of food yet. I switched brands of dog food in Oct of 2016 because my yorkie kept throwing up his food. He was overeating and then it was expanding too much in his tummy causing it to overfill. His fur is so shiny now. He eats a grain free dog food.
    uprunforlife recently posted…Smart Food Choices – The Right Way To Use Low Carb DietMy Profile

• March 31, 2017 / 1:55 pm

Grain free is best isn’t it! I am glad you found something that works for your pup!

7. Tammy Mentzer
    March 31, 2017 / 1:17 pm

Riveting interview! Very enjoyable. I will try American Journey for my poodles!

8. March 31, 2017 / 10:23 pm

My mom has 2 dogs and 1 of them has some issues with itchiness as of late. Maybe it’s her food? I’ll recommend this to my mom and see if it helps

• March 31, 2017 / 10:45 pm

I would give it a try and go with Salmon. They all have salmon oil in them to help the skin but I figured since Lyla had skin issues to go double duty and get the actual salmon flavor. It worked! Let me know if your mom gets it and if it helps her dog with skin issues. It truly did help Lyla.

9. NINA LANE
    July 6, 2017 / 2:20 pm

Great interview! I just got my American Journey dog food delivered today. I haven’t opened it yet, but I will soon. I bought the chicken and sweet potato grain free. My dachshund min pin mix gets ear infections or inflammation if he eats grain. I love Chewy, and I didn’t realize it was their brand. They had a buy one get one free for the 4th of July.

• July 6, 2017 / 4:08 pm

YES!! That was an EPIC deal so glad you got in on it! I tweeted about that hoping people would get a great deal on their food. It really is a good quality dry dog food. Let me know how your pup does on it please.
      What a cool mix breed pup!

10. NINA LANE
    July 6, 2017 / 2:21 pm

P.S. Please give my compliments to Lyla! She’s lovely!