And The Award Goes To… The “Best Of” Skincare Lines + Top 5 Skin Damaging Elements

I am a firm believer in great skincare. As a person with pale skin who easily burns, I stayed out of the sun. Vitamin D from the sun is good for you. Too much sun is terrible for you. I prefer to take a vitamin supplement and use sunscreen over burning.

Today I want to share with you the skincare lines that are currently in my own personal routine. They are all spectacular! I just thought it would be fun to give out “awards” for each line, based on what I love most about each one.

AND THE AWARD GOES TO… THE “BEST OF” SKINCARE LINES + TOP 5 SKIN DAMAGING ELEMENTS

Please Pin Me!

Before I give out the “awards”, I want to address the top 5 skin damaging elements.

1. Wind – It need not necessarily be cold. The wind in and of itself can cause damage to your skin.

2. Cold  – When it is cold your skin dries out.

3. Heat – It’s true! Heat dries out the skin as much as cold, if not more. Sweating drains our bodies of moisture.

4. Pollution – We can’t control this personally, but a barrier on our skin can help.

5. Everyday sunlight – We need not be bathing beauties for negative sun effects. Everyday sun can harm our skin too.

Protecting your skin from the above is not terribly difficult. In fact, it is fun to use a daily skin care regimen. Taking good care of my skin daily gives me that sense of “me time”. Granted some days I spend less time than others. Some days I set aside more time to enjoy a thorough spa treatment. Other days, I just do the basics.

Every day, everyone should at the very least cleanse their face, and use a moisturizer.

With that said, it is now time to hand out some awards! I am so excited!

The first award goes to the brand that I think is the most fun. This is a line that has introduced me to things I did not know existed in the skincare world. Until recent, I did not even know about them, but I am certainly happy that I know of them now!

The Most Fun Skincare Line award goes to …

Nip+Fab Most Fun Award
Nip + Fab!! Congratulations Nip + Fab! You win this award because you offer interesting and unique items. Your Bust Fix is outstanding and makes my decollete area plump. It also smells delicious! I am a huge fan of your skin “shots”. They last forever and are priced exceptionally well. I am also in love with the fact that you use so many unique and rare ingredients. From Dragon’s Blood to Blue Daisy I love the way your products make me smell.
For working great, doing what they say they will do, and being unique your skincare line wins MOST FUN!
 Nip+Fab

Next up we have an award for the Most Wholesome Skincare Line. This is a line that I have used for a long time. This brand is very pure, using ingredients that are wonderful for all skin types. Especially good if you have eczema, rosacea, or psoriasis.

The Most Wholesome Skincare Line award goes to …

Derma e! Congratulations Derma e for being my favorite body wash with your clean fresh aroma. There is never any sticky residue, and it leaves skin feeling conditioned. My husband loves it too. I truly appreciate your Psorzema Creme and would not live without both in my skincare regime! When my psoriasis starts to flare up, I just apply a tiny amount of your specialized cream and I instantly feel better! Not to leave the facial skin care products out, your entire line is perfection and sold at an affordable price.
For being pure, cruelty-free, affordable, and working wonders for my skin your skincare line wins MOST WHOLESOME.
Learn More About Dermae
Derma e

Next, I want to shine the spotlight on what I consider to be the Most Luxurious Skincare Line. This is a line of skincare that I reach for when I want to spend a little more “me time” and truly feel that spa treatment pampering.

The Most Luxurious Skincare Line award goes to …

Colleen Rothschild! Congratulations Colleen Rothschild for making me feel like I am at a super expensive spa when I am simply in my Turkish robe at home in my living room. Your Radiant Cleansing Balm feels like it costs a million dollars and leaves my skin baby butt soft! I love that it thoroughly removes makeup and leaves my skin looking luminous. The aroma of your products truly is something I have only smelled in expensive spas, until you! I also love using your muslin cleansing cloth, draping it over my face after it is soaked in warm water. Ahhh sooo soothing!
For making my skin feel like a million bucks, and for not costing a million bucks, you win the MOST LUXURIOUS award.

Last, a very special line that I feel is the Most Noticeably Effective. This line fights my fine lines and even more deeply set wrinkles. Firming, tightening, and anti-aging this line uses Microalgae. Microalgae is one of the oldest and most nutrient rich algae in the world. Interesting isn’t it? The oldest algae in the world can make us look younger!

The award for Most Noticeably Effective skincare line goes to …

Algenist Award Trophy
Algenist! Congratulations Algenist for eradicating my fine lines, and wrinkles. Thank you for making me look, and thus feel many years younger. Your POWER Recharging Pressed Night Serum truly is one of a kind. Not only does it fight the aging process while I sleep, but I wake with the smoothest skin texture. Your complimenting eye serum is the perfect compliment for my tired eyes. I can not go without mentioning your GENIUS Ulitmate Anti-Aging Cream. My skin cream of choice! My face has the elasticity of a rubber ball due to using this regularly! The fact that it smells like coconut water is a bonus. I adore you Algenist!
For giving me youthful, bouncy, moisturized, smooth skin. For making me look and feel in my early 30’s when I am darn near 50, Algenist, you win, MOST NOTICEABLY EFFECTIVE award.

Learn More About Algenist!
Algenist

So there we have it! The awards have been handed out and it’s time for the after party!

ALL of the above brands are cruelty-free and use wholesome ingredients. All are brands I have and would purchase again.

1. March 1, 2017 / 4:28 pm

These are great products . Thank you for sharing. I am gonna try these product.

2. Devina
    March 1, 2017 / 7:32 pm

Great list! I haven’t heard of most of these but excited to check them out!

• March 1, 2017 / 8:13 pm

Thank you! I thought it would be fun to highlight my favs. I always love to learn of new skincare products. I am sure you will love any of these.

3. March 1, 2017 / 10:01 pm

These are definitely going to be a great help to me. I’ve been looking for products to help my skin.but I had not idea what was best. I have a few that I love from Lancome , but I’m looking forward to trying these out!

• March 1, 2017 / 11:22 pm

I have not tried Lancome for a long time but I remember it was good. Happy to answer any questions you may have regarding any of these brands.

4. March 2, 2017 / 12:06 pm

I am not sure if I have heard of this before but it looks like a good product and worth trying.

5. March 2, 2017 / 1:56 pm

Yes – the weather AH!! Since leaving San Diego and moving to a place with four seasons, my skin has definitely changed. I am personally using a product line I really love. I learned about Hard Night, Good Morning recently and I am swearing by them now (they’re in Austin). Totally vegan, gluten-free and aloe-vera based. I literally am seeing a difference. I’ll check out your list, too to see if there are any products that HNGM doesn’t offer I can supplement with!
    Heather @ Country Life, City Wife recently posted…5 Unconventional Exercises that Actually Help Chronic PainMy Profile

• March 2, 2017 / 1:59 pm

Wow there is one I have not heard of! I will check them out for sure! I love learning about new to me products! Also love that they are vegan! People often ask how I can actually use so many lines but there is always something different one line has that another does not. Or maybe I like a product from one line more than the other. Like the Nip+Fab “shots” I adore them! Thanks for checking out my list. I will look into HNGM! Thanks for the tip!

6. March 2, 2017 / 2:28 pm

My skin is currently revolting because of the heater drying it out and the wind irritating it day in and day out. MY skin is fragile and very touchy so I have to be so careful with it. A long time ago, I stopped using products at all because my skin just seemed to hate all of them. I’ve never heard of any of these and it makes me excited to maybe try some products again!

• March 2, 2017 / 2:31 pm

Tatanisha I would go with Dermae in your case. Dermae is wonderful for super sensitive skin! They have a lot of different lines to choose from and I adore their Psorzema® Body Wash! It is so pure. I used to be able to use body washes from Bath and Body works and such but I can’t anymore. This wash leaves my skin feeling wonderful and has a NATURAL scent that is just beautiful – like an ocean breeze.

7. March 2, 2017 / 2:42 pm

I am a gardener so my skin gets a work out year round. You are so right about it not being just the sun. Wind takes it out on you too. Thanks for the tips!

• March 2, 2017 / 3:24 pm

You are so welcome! I am SOOOO excited to start gardening! This year I am just focusing on tomatoes and herbs. What do you grow?

8. March 2, 2017 / 2:59 pm

Oh wow I really want to try Derma e ! I workout 6 days a week, and I know my skin so doesn’t appreciate that! Especially when I run outdoors, the cold weather can definitely do a number, sweating and the cold weather. I no longer use Bath & Body works stuff, they don’t actually do anything for my skin besides smell good.
    Jennifer S recently posted…Easy DIY Personalized Travel CaseMy Profile

9. March 2, 2017 / 3:46 pm

Oh my, thanks for sharing this. I had never heard of the brand for rosacea. I hope it works on me.

• March 2, 2017 / 5:24 pm

I hope it does too and I am very confident that it will. I absolutely LOVE it!

10. March 2, 2017 / 4:46 pm

This is such a fun post and a great way to share products! My poor skin, between my Irish decent and these brutal Minnesota winters, it gets so beat up. I definitely have to nourish it and treat it right. So far so good. Let’s hope I can keep it up!
    Echo recently posted…5 Healthy Meals Under 20 Minutes that Your Kids Will LoveMy Profile

11. krystal
    March 2, 2017 / 6:02 pm

That cream looks thick and luxurious. I will have to try it. My skin has issues with discoloration and sun spots since I live in Florida, so I do need to watch what products I use.

12. March 2, 2017 / 6:25 pm

This post was so informative and I really like the way you structured it. I personally love NIP + FAB. I used to use the glycolic acid pads and the facial scrub. I also use the Philosophy brand night cream that I couldnt live without.

• March 2, 2017 / 6:56 pm

Thank you so much! I had fun with this post for sure. Oh I have their pads too and LOVE them! Especially when I am too lazy to do my regular routine 🙂

13. March 2, 2017 / 7:35 pm

I really would like to try the Algenist, it seems like it would be a great addition to my lotion collection. Especially for my 30 year old self, this would be perfect for me. Derma e would be another great addition for my skin.
    Ady from VGB recently posted…First Date Tips and Tricks For All You LadiesMy Profile

• March 2, 2017 / 8:30 pm

Algenist is amazing! I love their new POWER line! Dermae I adore it is so pure and I love their body wash and speciality skin care line. Thanks for your comment and checking out my pics 🙂

• March 3, 2017 / 1:14 am

I am IN LOVE with the Algenist POWER serum line! Their Genius line is excellent too. Dermae is wonderful for targeting skin issues. Their site breaks all their products down by skin needs or concerns. Thanks so much for checking out my article and commenting 🙂

14. March 2, 2017 / 8:06 pm

Thanks for this list. Skincare is so key. Especially as us women get older!

• March 2, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Indeed! Never too early to start but a must after 30 ish. Thanks so much for commenting!

15. March 2, 2017 / 8:11 pm

Hahaha! This is such a fun post. I absolutely loved how you’ve featured your favorites. We don’t get a lot of these brands where I live but I certainly think I’ll have to look into international shipping for a couple of them (ohh, and get a proper skincare routing while I’m at it! Lol!)

• March 2, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Yes any routine is better than none 🙂 I know that Dermae is available on Amazon if that helps! 🙂

16. March 2, 2017 / 8:52 pm

I haven’t heard of most of these products, I’ll have to check them out! I know too much about makeup but nothing about skincare. Do you have any advice for infuriating combination skin?

• March 3, 2017 / 1:11 am

Oh boy I used to have combination skin before I had kids! Depending on other skincare needs or concerns I would say Nip+Fab would be a good line for you.

17. March 3, 2017 / 12:00 am

Great list! I have not heard of some of these brands but I am always on the lookout to try new things. My skin changed so much after having kids and I feel like 20 years older… I need to get my skin care in order!

• March 3, 2017 / 1:07 am

Hi Betty, indeed hormone changes can do that to us too! Yes it is probably time to start a skincare routine. Enjoy those kiddos!

18. Ali Rost
    March 3, 2017 / 3:47 am

What a great post! Now that I’m over 40 .. things like this I’m all over. In fact there were so many products you mentioned that I’d never heard of. My Target list over-floweth and I’m excited to give some a try.

• March 3, 2017 / 11:59 am

Nice! I am pretty sure Dermae is sold at Target stores too! The others I honestly I am not sure. Glad you liked the article!

19. March 3, 2017 / 8:38 am

The wind has been awful this year — and my skin is paying for it for sure! I’ve been needing to update my skin care routine for quite some time. These products all look so good. Thank you for sharing about them.
    Kristy @ Mommy Hates Cooking recently posted…Strawberry Lemonade CupcakesMy Profile

20. March 3, 2017 / 2:23 pm

Thanks for sharing I am trying to get my skin care together. I will check some of these out.

21. March 4, 2017 / 3:19 pm

I love that you included some practical tips as well with this. These are some skincare products I definitely need to check out!

22. March 17, 2017 / 2:26 am

I also have dry skin and I stay away from the heat of the sun if I could especially during the summer. When I go out I usually bring with me sunblock for skin protection. These products you listed here are great. I’ll definitely be using them. Thanks.
    Elizabeth recently posted…Manuka Honey: Nature’s Magic in a Bottle!My Profile

• March 17, 2017 / 12:31 pm

Thank you for checking them out Elizabeth! I always have sunblock in my bag since I am so fair skinned.