Our American Journey Experience So Far

Earlier this month our Lyla started on a new dog food by Chewy.com called American Journey. Please read my first post that introduces you to the brand.

This is a follow-up article to let you know how Lyla is adjusting to her new food.

American Journey Dog Food By Chewy.com

Disclosure: As part of the Chewy.com Blogger Program, and a Chewy Influencer, I received free product and or payment to facilitate this article. I am highly selective on products for my pets and I would only showcase items I trust, from brands I trust.

American Journey is a healthy, wholesome dog food that is free from grains, wheat, corn, and soy.

Close Up of American Journey Dog Food

When we first presented American Journey to our Lyla she gobbled it up. I was curious to see if she continued to love it or if she chowed down because it was new to her. We have discovered that Lyla’s love for American Journey has stayed true to her first experience with it. She still gobbles it up. Lyla seems to think it is a treat rather than her regular food!

Since I could not get a good photo of Lyla eating American Journey with her head buried into the bowl, I decided to do a short video. You can see how much she is enjoying it!

Our cat Tibet, who seems to think she is a dog in many ways, also loves the food. I will admit, I give her a few bits to enjoy after getting her away from Lyla’s bowl.

Tibet Loves American Journey Too!

I am really hoping that Chewy.com comes out with an American Journey cat food line!

To be honest, it does smell good. I mean sure, it does have a dog food aroma to it but it is really quite pleasant.

I am also happy to report that Lyla’s dry skin on her back is clearing up nicely. She still has some dry skin but I would say it is 75% better than it was before starting her on this food.

We have seen no issues with her tummy being upset from the switch in her food. Lyla does have a sensitive tummy so if she were going to experience issues, we should have seen that by now.

Another noticeable difference since switching to American Journey is Lyla’s energy levels! Lyla will be 8 years old on April 1st so she is not a puppy. Lyla also has some issues with her legs, knee caps, and deals with arthritis. Our poor pup is not always so eager to get moving. Since feeding her American Journey she has wanted to stay out longer on walks! My husband also noticed that Lyla is perkier and more interested when on car rides.

Overall she just seems happier, healthier and has more energy. That makes us happy!

So far we are quite impressed with American Journey and we love that it is made in the U.S.A by a company we trust.

I guess the only suggestion I would have for Chewy.com on this dog food would be a request. I would love it if the bag were resealable. Or maybe if it came with one of those nice storage bins! As for now, we use clips to hold the bag shut.

Made in USA dog food by chewy.com

At month’s end, I will have a 3rd and final article on this dog food to sum things up. I will give you my final impression and let you know if we plan to continue feeding Lyla American Journey dog food or not.

Stay tuned and please subscribe so you do not miss any new articles or updates! You can use the form below to sign up.

PLUS when you sign up you receive my 20 Fashion Hacks That Will Save You Money, plus my Exposé on Psychic Reading Sites via PDF download FREE!

Your email will never be shared!

* indicates required

Email Format

1. March 16, 2017 / 11:21 am

Bow-wow, this is music to our ears! Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. We can’t wait to read your 3rd post. 🙂

• March 16, 2017 / 11:52 am

So happy we gave it a try! Lyla (and Tibet) both love it! I am seeing excellent results in her skin and coat too which is a big bonus! Thank you!

2. Jenn
    March 16, 2017 / 2:34 pm

Gobbling is a sure sign that your dog loves it. Is the food chewy like the name suggests??

• March 16, 2017 / 3:36 pm

Haha no it is not chewy, just made my Chewy.com Good question though! Indeed Lyla just snarfs it right up!

3. March 16, 2017 / 2:46 pm

I’ve never heard of this dog food but we are definitely in the market for something. I’ll have to check into this one. Thank you for Sharing your opinion on it.

• March 16, 2017 / 3:36 pm

It is very new and I love how healthy it is. We have been VERY happy with it thus far.

4. Cacinda
    March 16, 2017 / 5:01 pm

What a cutie! I have never heard of this brand before but it sounds amazing!

• March 16, 2017 / 11:21 pm

Thank you Lyla loves hearing that. It is a new brand on the market. I love it when brands I already love come out with a new amazing product. Chewy.com is an awesome place to shop for our pets so I was so happy to get to try their dog food. Well not ME but Lyla lol

5. Ann Bacciaglia
    March 16, 2017 / 7:00 pm

This looks like a great brand of dog food. I will have to share this with my Sister. She has two dogs she is looking to get a better quality food for.

• March 16, 2017 / 11:17 pm

Oh yes please do tell her about it. I am sure she will be very impressed with this. Just after two weeks I notice a big difference in Lyla.

• March 16, 2017 / 11:17 pm

If and when they do, I will be the first to be telling everyone about it I am THAT excited for the kitty line! I have to keep Tibet away from Lylas dog food.

6. My Teen Guide
    March 16, 2017 / 11:11 pm

I’m actually looking for another dog food and this is perfect. My dogs will surely love it.

• March 16, 2017 / 11:15 pm

I really believe that they will. It has all the good stuff and none of the bad stuff. Lyla truly is excited each time I feed her. Just by the look, texture, smell, etc (because I have not tasted it haha) compared to her past food, there is a huge difference and it just appears to be so much more appetizing. I want to feed my pets the healthiest but I do not want them BORED with their food. This is the best of both worlds. Dang I should have put that in my blog post lol! Maybe the last one at the end of the month 🙂

7. Victoria Heckstall
    March 16, 2017 / 11:12 pm

Your puppy is too adorable!! My puppy will love it too for sure.

• March 16, 2017 / 11:13 pm

Awee thank you SO much! Lyla loves compliments. I am sure your pup will love it. It really seems to have what other foods are lacking and lacking the stuff we do not want in it. Lyla STILL thinks she is getting a treat rather than food when she eats it.

8. March 17, 2017 / 2:39 am

What a cute dog. I miss my dog! This sounds like a great brand of dog food.

• March 17, 2017 / 12:30 pm

Thank you Lyla loves to get compliments! I am so sorry you no longer have your pup.

9. March 17, 2017 / 8:56 am

The food we feed our pets is so important. It’s great when you find what works best for you.

• March 17, 2017 / 12:28 pm

Indeed! I feel this food is much better for Lyla in many ways and luckily it is less expensive then her previous food! Gotta love that!

10. March 17, 2017 / 11:33 am

I haven’t shopped at Chewy.com before, but I’m always looking for the best products for our dog. This is good to know!
    Stephanie Pass recently posted…Pretty Pintastic Party #148My Profile

11. March 17, 2017 / 4:41 pm

I’ve never heard of that brand but your dog is cute! I love Chewy as well!

• March 17, 2017 / 4:58 pm

Thank you so much Lyla loves compliments! American Journey dog food is very new. Lyla is one of the first to try it which is exciting. You can buy it now however, and it is wholesome and healthy for pets. Thanks for checking it out!

12. Stephanie Jeannot
    March 17, 2017 / 10:41 pm

That sounds super interesting. I’m glad your pets like it. They must really love you a lot. Awww!

13. March 18, 2017 / 2:45 pm

This product must be good. Dog lovers and owners will be delighted to know this. Thanks for posting!

14. March 19, 2017 / 5:56 am

Your dog is so cute. We don’t have any pets yet so I am clueless when it comes to pet food but I always love reading about people’s experiences with a brand.

• March 19, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Thank you for reading about it. And thank you for the compliment on Lyla!

• March 20, 2017 / 3:21 pm

Thank you so much Dawn. Your brother will love you for the info. I mean he probably already does love you. You know what I mean LOL

15. adriana
    March 20, 2017 / 1:45 pm

This sounds like a great brand of food! I don’t have a dog, but my brother does! I’ll have to share this with him!

• March 20, 2017 / 3:17 pm

Thank you for telling him about it. American Journey truly is one of the best we have found!