5 Movie Picks With Fashion Flair

If you love fashion and a great movie I have a few suggestions for you.

5 Movie Picks With Fashion Flair Pin

The Devil Wears Prada

Anne Hathaway is stunning! As a new assistant to the powerhouse Meryl Streep, Andrea (Anne) matches sensitivities and wits with the forceful Miranda (Streep). A great storyline, excellent acting, laughs, and gorgeous fashion galore!

Breakfast At Tiffany’s

Audrey Hepburn plays Holly Golightly in this 1960’s film. This is one of my all time favorite movies and shows fashion at it’s best. This movie is heartwarming, fun, and sometimes silly. Audrey has some great lines that indirectly promote women’s rights. The handsome George Peppard is her co-star.

What’s Love Got To Do With It?

Angela Basset stars in this touching film where she portrays Tina Turner. Angela is outstanding in this role. This is the story of Tina and Ike Turner and is a powerhouse of a film! I love the fashion Tina wears throughout the years in this film. From street style to stage style, we can’t argue, Tina had style and Angela wears it all very well!

Pretty In Pink

John Hughes made some of the best movies! I love the cast including Molly Ringwald, Andrew McCarthy, John Cryer, and I can’t leave our my favorite actor, James Spader. Peer pressure and differences in lifestyle come between two teens. The soundtrack is outstanding! While Ringwald’s character makes her own prom dress in this movie, John Cryer leads the way when it comes to fashion and style!

Mannequin

Another fun movie from the 80’s once again with adorable Andrew McCarthy, Alluring Kim Catrell, fun and funky, Meshach Taylor, and my crush then and now, James Spader. Window Designer (McCarthy) finds true love when a store mannequin comes to life.

Have you seen all of these movies? What are your favorite movies that have great fashion in them? Please let me know in the comments below.

Please Share

1. March 4, 2017 / 8:00 pm

You really picked some great movies. My husband could not believe that I had never seen THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA so we watched it recently together – and you are right, there is some good fashion in that one. Now I feel like I need to watch all these classics again just to focus on the fashion!

• March 4, 2017 / 10:29 pm

Classics are the best! I can’t believe your husband saw The Devil Wears Prada before you did lol

2. Ruth I.
    March 5, 2017 / 10:53 am

I have watched just one, it’s The devil wears prada. I really enjoyed it! The fashion is really awesome even though I am not into it.

3. March 5, 2017 / 2:46 pm

I’m a huge movie buff. I love movies of all sorts and I’d love these. I am going to print the list out and check them out. I love fashion so I know they’ll be great.
    Terri Beavers recently posted…Shark Makes Mopping Fun #springcleaningMy Profile

4. March 5, 2017 / 3:32 pm

woww… i want to see the breakfast with tiffany ASAP lol . I just love anything related to TIFFANY

• March 5, 2017 / 3:54 pm

ME TOO!! Oh you absolutely MUST see this movie! It is a classic and so fun!

5. Colleen wool
    March 5, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Great movie picks. I love Mannequin. I’ve seen it many times.

6. March 6, 2017 / 1:16 am

The devil wear prada is a great movie. I love Anne Hathaway!
    I will watch some of this movies too.

7. March 6, 2017 / 3:38 am

LOVE THIS POST! What great idea, movies are so great for fashion inspo. You have taken me right back with Mannequin!! What a film!

• March 6, 2017 / 11:46 am

Haha indeed! Something about movies back in the 80’s and 90’s that had a quality of innocence today’s movies lack!

8. March 6, 2017 / 10:18 am

Do you know I STILL haven’t seen Breakfast at Tiffany’s?? What is wrong with me LOL

James Spader is and was such a cutie, especially in Mannequin! Gotta love those 80’s movies, they never get old!!

Oh, and YES GIRL, John Hughes DID make some of the BEST. MOVIES. EVER!

• March 6, 2017 / 11:46 am

Oh wow you HAVE to watch it! It’s a little corny but it’s fun and for the time when it was made quite progressive! I need to have a John Hughes movie marathon now!

9. March 6, 2017 / 11:33 am

Oh my goodness, it would seem that we have the same taste! I’ve watched and enjoyed all the movies you’ve listed above! It’s not easy to choose between any of them, I think because one’s an old classic while “The Devil”, to me, is a new one. But Tina’s life story is simply the best! xx

• March 6, 2017 / 11:48 am

Haha indeed “Simply the Best” I love that song! Thanks so much for checking out my movie picks! Pretty cool we have similar taste!

10. Elizabeth O.
    March 6, 2017 / 6:05 pm

These are perfect picks! I’ve seen all of them and enjoyed each one. I really like Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Devil Wears Prada.

• March 6, 2017 / 6:07 pm

Thank you Elizabeth! I need to watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s again soon. It has been awhile!

11. March 6, 2017 / 7:26 pm

All great movies – this is a very nice collection especially for persons who may not have seen these films.

12. amer
    March 7, 2017 / 9:34 am

I feel like I need to round up my girlfriends and just have a girly weekend. Veg out, and just enjoy these classic movies.

13. aziel morte
    March 8, 2017 / 7:11 pm

I haven’t watch this and looks a good collection of movies, I would love to watch these on weekends.