What I Am Wearing Today #25 Fashion Fun Dressing For The Weather

Fashion can be tricky enough! It’s even trickier when the weather keeps fluctuating from day to day.

Today it was cool again and felt like a Fall day.

Fall Weather Fashion

Luckily I have not put away my warmer clothing!

Feels like Fall Fashion

You may recognize some of these pieces from other articles.  As a blogger, I do have a lot of clothing but I still gravitate toward favorites. I also know that not everyone has a huge selection of clothes to choose from. I did not always have the collection of fashions I do today. For that reason, I  like to show the same items frequently, just in different ways. I feel this is better for my readers so that you can get more ideas on how to style your items in new ways too.

Kansas Weather Fashion

Fashion is so much fun when we keep it simple.

The top is from Covered Perfectly and was first shown in this Fall article. I am even wearing the same jeans.

Fun With Fashion

I love the flowing open front cardigan from Meaneor via Amazon. I used to feel I was too short to wear long draped cardigans like this. Now I realize they actually give an illusion of being taller!

What I Am Wearing Today Fashion

These boots though right? I love them! They are from Marmi Shoes and were highlighted in another article as well. You will notice in that article I am wearing another long draped cardigan.

Dressing for today's Fall Weather Fashionably

When it comes to fashion, we can not go without great accessories! I use accessories as a way to change up the same clothing pieces. Doing this can give you an entirely new look. I get into this more in my PDF Download 20 Fashion Hacks That Will Save You Money. You can get your free copy when you subscribe to Fashion Beyond Forty via email! You can sign up here.

Long Flowing Cardigan Fashion Clothing

My statement necklace is from Houda jewelry on Amazon. They have charming styles and fair prices.

Love these boots! So fashionable!

Natural Feelings is the brand of the scarf. I also got it on Amazon. Natural Feelings make some of the nicest scarves. It is my favorite place to get them!

Statement Necklace Fashion

I am rather lucky living in Kansas. I get to wear almost all of my fashion choices all year long! Granted I will have to pack away my coats soon. Every day is a new adventure. It does make it challenging to plan ahead.

Please check out the linked articles in this post and discover how I styled these items previously. You do not have to have a huge selection of fashion pieces to have many looks.

Thank you for reading, and subscribing, and as always, Stay Stylish!

1. February 27, 2017 / 8:01 am

You are not kidding about the fluctuating weather! I’m down in Texas, and while this is my first year here, I can’t believe how mild the winter is. I’ve been wearing dresses almost every day. I mean, it’s been about 80’s all last week then this weekend it got below 50. I’m not complaining, but it is difficult to dress for wildly fluctuating weather! I don’t know if Kansas is too much different. Did you get any snow this year?
    Katie Kinsley recently posted…FRIDAY FIVE | SEVENMy Profile

• February 27, 2017 / 2:50 pm

LOL We did get SOME snow but not really. Nothing like past winters. I have no idea what is going on but I have been saying for years that Kansas is becoming more and more like California weather lol. I mean I would be OKAY with that but I do miss having real seasons too! I hope you are enjoying Texas!

2. February 27, 2017 / 8:43 am

That is such a great look! Everything about this outfit is spot on for me. I love the simplicity of the jeans and the pop of color with the long cardigan. The boots really complete the whole thing for me. They’re sassy!

• February 27, 2017 / 2:49 pm

Thank you! Yes these boots are AMAZING they really bring the whole look together. Thanks for noticing! 🙂

3. February 27, 2017 / 9:23 am

Your sweater is super cute! It is perfect for in-between weather which I find is the hardest to dress up for. The length is perfect to wear with skinny jeans and boots: much like how you’re sporting it!
    Lisa Favre recently posted…The Best in Bras and BralettesMy Profile

• February 27, 2017 / 2:47 pm

Thank you so much!! Yes this is difficult “what to wear” weather.

4. February 27, 2017 / 11:15 am

You are so right about trying to dress for the weather! This past weekend it was foggy, a bit rainy, and just gross but it was also warm! I love the boots you paired with the jeans they really complete the outfit. I love pairing long cardigans with spring/fall/weird weather outfits, it keeps me warm but I’m not sweating from being too warm. It’s crazy, even though I’m not really ready I’m ready enough for summer to come!
    Lynzy Coughlin recently posted…4 Easy Date Night Hair Styles for Busy MomsMy Profile

• February 27, 2017 / 2:20 pm

LOL I hear you! I am getting Spring fever although I do enjoy all seasons. I too love layering because I go from hot to cold back to hot again 🙂

5. Vera Bortolotto
    February 27, 2017 / 12:39 pm

What a great outfit! The shoes are stunning. With the weather up and down I never know how to dress anymore lol. I cannot wait to see your summer outfits!

6. February 27, 2017 / 2:34 pm

Agree that fashion is so much fun when it’s simply. It feels like spring here the past weekend and we truly enjoyed the weather. I really like the cardigan. It looks warm for a cold weather.

• February 27, 2017 / 2:48 pm

Thank you so much! What I love about the cardi is that it is warm to take away the chill BUT it is also thin enough so I do not start sweating. 🙂

7. February 27, 2017 / 3:41 pm

The outfit looks great. It’s some funny weather we’ve been having and I personally like winter and fall weather to show off a good wardrobe. Summer is just shorts and t-shirts for me or swimwear and where I am in SC we get a long summer.

• February 27, 2017 / 3:55 pm

So true! Winter and Fall DO allow us more options. Love layering! Still, sort of ready for Spring to arrive. 🙂 SC has lovely weather. Been there a few times, and always enjoyed it!

8. February 27, 2017 / 5:24 pm

That cardigan looks great on you – definitely doesn’t make you looks shorter and the colour is really flattering. But it’s those boots that I’m lusting after – they’re absolutely gorgeous!
    Emma recently posted…Lemon & Poppy Seed MuffinsMy Profile

9. February 27, 2017 / 7:43 pm

This fluctuating weather is driving me crazy! I hate the cold however, winter SHOULD be cold! The other day people were wearing shorts and it was only 16 degrees! I have no idea what to wear each day, lol!

• February 27, 2017 / 7:48 pm

LOL it is driving me crazy too! Wow some people are crazy haha! Talk about having Spring fever! My shorts can stay in their place until it gets HOT!

10. Lynn
    February 27, 2017 / 8:48 pm

That is such a cute blend of colors & textures. I think we all agree the boots are listed after, but the whole outfit looks so nice.

• February 27, 2017 / 10:02 pm

Thank you so much! Those boots are amazing! They are comfortable too which is nice as not all fashionable shoes are!

11. February 28, 2017 / 8:11 am

I totally agree weather is so unpredictable esp. when your in South. Most of the time my mood to dress up relays on the weather. I like your taste in color and style , really inspire me with this. Spring and winter I wear same accessories most of the time like scarf, booths and leather jacket.

• February 28, 2017 / 1:07 pm

Thank you that is sweet of you to say Farrah. I think it is cool that you have a defined look with your outer wear!

12. February 28, 2017 / 10:05 am

I love those boots!! I have to get a pair! The outfit is absolutely adorable. I have always been afraid to wear really long anything because I am only 4’11”. Does it really give the illusion of being taller? If so, I may have to add some to wardrobe as well.

• February 28, 2017 / 1:02 pm

Hi Renee 🙂 A fellow shortie! To do the long cardigan I suggest at least a little heel on the boot or shoe but as you can see mine is not too high just a little lift will do. That elongates the leg look itself, the the cardigan helps with the flow people notice the LONG drape to the jacket thus when their eyes move down looking at it – it makes YOU seem longer lol – all optical illusion but I need as much of it as I can get. 🙂 Give it a try!

13. February 28, 2017 / 12:04 pm

I absolutely love that outfit! Every last part of it just proves that you don’t have to sacrifice comfort to be stylish. I would totally wear that! I especially adore the cardigan, that’s one of my all-time favorite cardigans.

14. February 28, 2017 / 8:07 pm

I love this outfit! It looks so good on you, too. Those boots and the cardigan would quickly become staples and favorites in my wardrobe. Like you I tend to gravitate toward the same pieces over and over.
    Kristy @ Mommy Hates Cooking recently posted…Let’s Stay in for a Movie NightMy Profile

15. February 28, 2017 / 10:03 pm

Those boots are so bootiful! Haha I am so jealous, we usually have hot weather all year around so it is rare I get to enjoy warmer outfits.

• February 28, 2017 / 10:07 pm

Aweee I mean nice weather is NICE but I do love having seasons and getting to rotate the wardrobe some. You know these days there are no real “rules” to fashion. If you want to wear boots, wear boots! 🙂

16. March 1, 2017 / 12:21 am

I like the ensemble you put up. You look very fashionable and trendy! I wish I can put up something like that. I think I lack the confidence myself. I am always comfortable with t-shirts, jeans, and Converse sneakers. It tried wearing boots but it made me feel tired walking around. 🙁

• March 1, 2017 / 12:31 am

T-shirts, jeans, and sneakers are some of my favorite outfits! I especially love Converse sneakers but do not own a pair. A white pair has been on my wishlist for ages! I bet you look fantastic! Maybe just try adding one new thing? If you are not comfortable in boots, don’t wear them. I had to learn what I liked, since there are so many styles of boots with so many styles of heels, wedges, high, low, thick heels, skinny lol it goes on and on.
      Maybe try adding a cropped or regular sweater or cardi to your look.
      You are very pretty – I know you can pull it off! 🙂
      Fashion Beyond Forty recently posted…February 2017 Round-Up Some Of My Favorites, In Case You Missed ThemMy Profile

17. March 1, 2017 / 8:02 am

I love that cardigan and those boots. I could definitely rock that right now!

• March 1, 2017 / 2:54 pm

Thank you! The cardigan is really inexpensive on Amazon – the boots, quite costly but sooo worth it! 🙂

18. March 3, 2017 / 12:54 am

I agree with you and lovely dress according to weather. Thanks for share with us.

19. March 3, 2017 / 5:11 pm

Hello Joely,

I’ve been a constant reader of your blog and I just wanna say, what a great outfit! You look so beautiful my dear.I really love the cardigan that you got :). Keep on smiling and hope you are doing well!

• March 3, 2017 / 5:17 pm

Thank you so much Amanda! I am looking around your shop right now and you have such cute selections! Thanks for following my blog and saying hello.

20. March 21, 2017 / 3:58 am

Hello Joely, first of all I want to say that, you are a cool girl; it is clearly shown in your blog. You are looking gorges in all the pictures. Thanks for sharing this blog. Keep posting!
    Shirley recently posted…The Best Tips for Starting Your Own Clothing LineMy Profile