This post is sponsored by Oratene® and the BlogPawsTM Pet Influencer Network™. I am being compensated to help share information about Oratene brushless pet oral care products for Pet Dental Health Month, but we only share information we feel is relevant to our readers. Oratene is not responsible for the content of this article.
February is Pet Dental Health Care month and there is no better time to talk about our pet’s oral health care. We have all heard, or used the term “doggie breath” and as a dog, and cat owner I can attest to the fact that cats can get bad breath too. It was not until I was introduced to Oratene® that I learned there are many reasons why pets get bad breath, and we need not struggle to help our beloved furbabies with this issue.
Our Lyla has a tiny little mouth so brushing her teeth was always a struggle, and I don’t know about you, but I dare not try bushing my cats’ teeth! This is why I was so excited when I learned that Oratene offers three ways to clean our pet’s teeth, and mouth, eliminating bad breath, without brushing by using Oratene Water Additive, Oratene Brushless Toothpaste Gel, or Oratene Breath Freshener, all are brushless products that are easy to use and give your pet fresh breath.
Oratene® Pet Dental Care products are available at all Petco® stores as well as many independent retailers and through veterinarians.
Let’s look at 5 reasons your pet may have bad breath:
1. Medications: If your pet is on medications they could have dry mouth. Even if your pet still has saliva or drool, dry mouth could still be a problem for them. Bad breath is the first sign of dry mouth in cats and dogs. Our Lyla takes medications. I immediately noticed that her medications were on the list known to cause dry mouth. Medications are the number one cause of dry mouth in pets.
2. Aging: Older pets often have more struggles with dry mouth. Often this is because they are on medications, or develop health problems, due to this they can develop dry mouth. Older pets are also more likely to develop periodontal disease.
3. Nutritional Deficiencies: Sometimes, even the most loved and well care for pet will develop nutritional deficiencies. These deficiencies may go unnoticed for quite some time until your veterinarian notices a need for a chance in their food source. Even if you are feeding your pet a great pet food, with great nutrients, animals, like people, sometimes need to be on a specific diet. These nutritional deficiencies can lead to dry mouth.
4. Trauma: Pets who have had any kind of head or neck trauma could be suffering from dry mouth if the trauma resulted in nerve damage.
5. Medical Conditions: The list of medical conditions that can cause dry mouth in pets is quite long. A few of the medical conditions are: Anxiety, Diabetes, Pancreatitis, Thyroid disfunction, Osteoarthritis, and Chronic Liver Disease to name only a few.
We have two elderly pets, Tibet, a cat, and Lyla, our only dog. Both had terrible breath prior to starting Oratene. Lyla also takes medications for anxiety and thyroid disease, but I love that I can use the Oratene water additive in the water bowls around our home and it does not harm our younger two cats. In fact Oratene is safe for pets of any age.
I prefer the water additive. It is so simple to use. The Oratene products have no taste and our pets do not notice any difference in their water. My Lyla even enjoyed the brushless toothpaste gel.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
Oratene Water Additive features two patented enzyme systems
called LP3 Enzyme System and MD2 Enzyme System (Mutanase + Dextranase). Oratene’s Water Additive enzyme systems inhibit odor-causing bacteria and removes plaque biofilm by rendering plaque water soluble and unable to bind to the tooth.
All I know is that it works! I am sure Lyla and Tibet are enjoying their fresh breath as much as their humans are loving being close to them without nearly passing out from the odor. We do not like having bad breath, I am sure animals do not enjoy it either.
None of the Oratene products contain any Chlorhexidine, Xylitol, or Alcohol and are safe for ingestion and 100% safe for both dogs, and cats.
Celebrate Pet Dental Health Month by visiting Petco® or your local independent retailer to find the perfect Oratene® dental health product for your pet.
Now you have a chance to win my favorite Oratene Product, The Oratene Water Additive, in the giveaway below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
Open to those 18 and over who live in the United States of America.
Contest Ends February 17rd, 2017 12:00:00 AM CST.
Winner to be drawn by February 19th and reported by February 21st or before.
Prize One Bottle of Oratene Water Additive.
Chances of winning dependent upon number of entries received. If problems with form or website contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner will be notified on fashionbeyondforty.com so please check back here to see if you have won. Attempt will be made via social media or email to alert winner as well, but checking the website is the only way to be sure you will know if you won. Winner MUST reply within 48 hours or a new winner will be selected.
fashionbeyondforty.com will publish first name and last initial of winner on the website along with any social media photo. If selected prize winner forfeits or does not claim the prize, prize will be re-awarded.
Oratene Is responsible for fulfilling prizes – Fashion Beyond Forty is merely a vessel for entering.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Oratene. The opinions and text are all mine.