We love making this Easy Peasy 5 Ingredient Salad Recipe on game days, or any days! It's so simple to make a child can literally do it! It is also super easy to make vegan, or vegetarian style too.
All you need is:
1. One 2 pound bag of frozen peas
2. One half small to medium red onion
3. 3 ounces of bacon bits, real or vegan / vegetarian, soy - your choice
4. 1 cup of shredded cheddar, vegan / vegetarian, soy substitute
5. 1 cup of mayonnaise or vegan / vegetarian substitute
Now for the record, I do not measure much of anything. Everything here is to taste. If you want yours with more bacon or fakon bits go for it! If you prefer more mayo - you can do that too! This recipe is only a guideline.
Rinse the peas to soften them up but do not cook them. Let them strain and get as much of the moisture out as you can.
Toss in all of the other ingredients, and stir it up being careful not to mush up your peas.
Nope it could not be any simpler could it!? Excellent for anytime you need something fast and easy. I actually keep the ingredients to make this salad on hand at all times because you just never know when you will need to toss something together and with this perfect Game Day Side Dish, that is literally all you have to do!
Now who is making the touchdown? Oh that's right YOU!