I love telling you about pretty new things, and today I am showing you the Whiplash Eyelash Curler.
First of all you have to love this box! Shortly after receiving my curler for the review I was sent an email with some additional information which I will share with you but this is one of the things they mentioned:
“I know that the box for Whiplash is very eye catching and tempting to keep, however it is 100% recyclable, so please recycle it instead of throwing it in the trash. If you want to keep it as a piece of art, we completely understand.”
This little note made me smile, because I am a huge fan of recycling! When a company has a likemindedness I tend to love them even more! I can also see the package framed and hung on the wall of someone really cool. Not my personal decor style, but I would think anyone who had this style to be pretty awesome.
Let’s talk about the eyelash curler though.
First of all I love the latching mechanism, which can be removed if you have no need for it, but it is basically there for travel, to make your curler more compact. Otherwise it has no real purpose. Again this was noted in the email from the company:
“There is a closure latch on Whiplash to make it easier to travel with and put away in your makeup bag, however you don’t need to use the latch at all. It can actually be taken off, it’s up to you.”
Personally, I plan to leave it on – I don’t travel often, but I can see it coming in handy if and when I get the chance to, and it is not in my way leaving it there.
The pads for the curler come in both pink and black. I received black but if you run out, guess what … you can order replacements for free, yes, free! You do pay around 2.00 for shipping however, but that is not a big deal at all considering they send you so many to begin with, and then tons of replacements when you re-order. You can see how many I got to start with in the lower left photo. Wow!
So let’s check out my photos:
Notice the latching mechanism, seen between the handles. Speaking of the handles, I love the way they are shaped, plenty of room for my rather thick fingers. Also there is this place to rest your middle finger which I find works well for having a more steady hand while curling your lashes. The spring mechanism is very springy, and sort of springs back gently so you don’t have to pull the curler apart. I hope that made sense. The curler overall is well made, durable, and built to last any torture I may be able to put it though. I am admittedly not the most delicate of creatures when it comes to my makeup tools.
Another thing I am loving about Whiplash is their helpful information they provide, above and behind the product. Such as tutorials, videos, and lists of information.
Let’s check out one of their videos:
They even offer a simple list of how to get the perfect curl:
The Secrets of Getting a Perfect Curl:
1. Always curl your lashes before putting on mascara. This prevents the lashes from sticking to the curler which can cause them to be pulled out.
2. Keep your lash curler clean at all times. This helps protect the eyelashes and also your eye from getting an infection.
3. A makeup artist once shared this tip with me: heat the lash curler up with your blow dryer for 5-10 seconds. Touch it to make sure it’s not too hot and then use the warmed up curler to curl your lashes. You must be careful that the curler it not too hot!
4. It doesn’t hurt to pump the curler to get a stronger curl.
5. Last, finish with one or two coats of mascara.
Here is some more Info from the company website about the Whiplash Eyelash Curler.
Why our Whiplash Eyelash Curler is a must in your beauty routine.
- Eyes that pop – Curl first then apply mascara for an instant eye-opening effect.
- Stay-all-day curl – There’s no doubt that eyelashes are a pretty and appealing feature. Gorgeous eyelashes frame the face and define the eye area. You might think that this can only be achieved with fake eyelashes or extensions and plenty of mascara to boost the lashes, but you’re wrong. Whiplash Eyelash Curler does the job once and you can enjoy long lasting effects during the whole day! Your lashes will not lose luster throughout the day, leaving you with flirty fun lashes.
- Mile-long lashes – Curling visually elongates your lashes. Add your favorite mascara and those once invisible lashes will now be front and center.
- Simplify your beauty routine – Don’t feel like mascara? No problem. Curl your lashes for a natural look that will instantly brighten your face.
- Closure latch – Perfect for travelling and storage in your favorite makeup bag and luggage.
- Advanced top bar design – Fits all eye shapes and sizes, so it works for everyone no matter what eye shape you have. Whiplash works on any shape including small, narrow, large, wide, deep set, hooded eye shapes.
- Refill cushion pads – This is a very important feature. Without the cushion pads, eyelash curlers don’t exist. Our Whiplash Eyelash Curler comes with 5 replacement cushion pads. Why is it important to change the cushion pads on a curler? It’s important to replace the cushion pads because damaged rubber can cut or damage your eyelashes. If you require extra cushion pads, Crave Naturals offers replacement pads free of charge. Yes, that’s right. All you have to do is pay for shipping (only $2.00).
- Easy to clean – Always clean and disinfect your eyelash curler before use to ensure there’s no dirt that may enter your eye to cause irritation. Clean the eyelash curler after each use with an alcohol dampened cotton ball. A clean eyelash curler is a happy eyelash curler, keeping it safe for everyday use! Speaking of clean, use an eyelash curler only on clean lashes, and start at the roots!
Like what you see? Want one for yourself? Well we are in luck ladies because Crave Naturals is sharing with us this discount code for 25% off using code Q6824FWY – Just visit Amazon.com and search Eyelash Curler, when you find Whiplash add to cart and use this discount code.
Disclosure: I was sent the Whiplash Eyelash Curler in exchange for this review, however I find it to be a very quality product and recommend it.
I love comments! Please join in discussion, ask questions, or leave tips for other readers. Comments truly are the driving force behind any blog as it helps the blogger to know what you, the reader want to see more of!