- If your skin coloring appears to be pink, you’re cool.
- If it appears yellow or olive, you’re warm.
- If you have brown eyes, warmer colors will compliment you more. Choose golden and coppery red shades.
- If your eyes are light, like blue or green, choose a cooler red with mahogany or deep chestnut undertones.
A few things to consider when going red:
- Watch out when coloring over existing color. It could effect the tone and depth of the red you desire. Do a strand test before coloring all over.
- Add a gloss between colorings to keep your red vibrant. You can choose a clear gloss or a tinted one that will wake up and extend your color.
- Red color tends to fade more quickly, so it’s essential that you use a shampoo and conditioner formulated for color treated hair, such as Madison Reed's Madison Reed nourishing, color enhancing shampoo and conditioner set, to protect and extend your color.
I love comments! Please join in discussion, ask questions, or leave tips for other readers. Comments truly are the driving force behind any blog as it helps the blogger to know what you, the reader want to see more of!